Sign in to follow this  
carwar

Buying SX4 Auto, secondhand, need advise

Dear all,

I need your advise in buying SX4 Automatic, I have few choices, please help.

1. New SX4 ZXI Auto costing 8.30 lakh on road Gurgoan.

2. Getting Maruti registered second hand SX4 ZXI Auto with leather seats for 7.50 lakh, its driven only 2150 Kms. It is manufactured in 9/09 and registered in March/10 in the name of Maruti suzuki India ltd, Gurgoan.

I test drove it for one kilometre and car is rattle free. Car is like new barring very few minor scraches.

Kindly advise. 

The price seems to be alright considering the usage and that you will be getting 3 free services as it is a "True Value" car.

However, I would suggest you to go to another dealership and check the actual on road price of ZXi auto leather, since there could be some discounts available.

And please keep in mind that if it is a car registered for testing purpose, most likely it would not be properly run-in. Please check out about what the car was used for.

carispassion2010-10-24 09:27:13

The price seems to be alright considering the usage and that you will be getting 3 free services as it is a "True Value" car.

However' date=' I would suggest you to go to another dealership and check the actual on road price of ZXi auto leather, since there could be some discounts available.

And please keep in mind that if it is a car registered for testing purpose, most likely it would not be properly run-in. Please check out about what the car was used for.
[/quote'] Yes I get 3 free services plus one year complete warranty.

The ZXi Auto Leather cost cost around 8.65 lakh on road Gurgoan after all the discounts of nearly 55 thousands.

Dealer is not telling me about it but seams like its not a test drive vehicle as condition is very very good. 

I will say go with the new one. It will be 2010 manufactured, you will be the first owner (would take care of all differences when you decide to sell) and there wont be any suspicions.

Go with a New SX4 ZXI Auto, and that too from a different dealer because this dealer wont necessarily be giving you a good deal.

Most probably that car may be a TD Vehicle. 

Buying a TD Vehicle is fraught with problems.

Most of such TD Vehicles are made during the pre-launch period when the

finer details of a car is still being worked out.  So, why buy such stuff.  That

too, paying a huge sum like 7.5 lakhs.  BTW, why was that car not registered for a full 6 month period ?  Any specific reason given by them ?

If you've already decided to buy a SX4, then buy a new one.

Always safer. 

Anyway, you are willing to pay 7.5L for a second hand car.

Pay 1L more and enjoy the complete happiness of owning a brand new car.

I will say go with the new one. It will be 2010 manufactured' date=' you will be the first owner (would take care of all differences when you decide to sell) and there wont be any suspicions.

Go with a New SX4 ZXI Auto, and that too from a different dealer because this dealer wont necessarily be giving you a good deal.[/quote']

This dealer is also giving same deal as others for new car.

Just 80k off' date=' doubtful car and older engine.. Sign off there itself. The present VTEC would do justice for a new car.[/quote']

Its 1.15 lakh off for 2100 km done car as I have said its almost new inside out and its newly launched VVT engine. this car must be display car at verious showrooms across NCR.

This car is produced in 9/09 but registered my Maruti in March this year.

If you recall SX4 Auto was launched last year in Octber with the introduction of the VVT engine. If this car was for the purpose of Test-Drive then Maruti would have got it registered then itself.

However I am going take test drive of different car and will decide.

Hello car war,

1.15 lakh is a good enough money to take a lil risk. smiley17.gif

You are right. The SX4 Auto was available only with VVT engine option.

However, better take an expert opinion on the car before the purchase.

And take a test drive of more than 30-40km.

carispassion2010-10-24 11:38:28

Dear all' date='

its driven only 2150 Kms. It is manufactured in 9/09 and registered in March/10 in the name of Maruti suzuki India ltd, Gurgoan.
[/quote']

How about driven 2150kms only by hundred different people. Is it acceptable??

Sept,09 Car registered after 6 months was it Demo car given to different dealers for test drive it.

My Opinion there are many doubts which cann't be answered. so no point in purchasing a year old car at that price. If short of money look for financing. But don't buy this used abused mess.smiley7.gif

Dear all' date='

its driven only 2150 Kms. It is manufactured in 9/09 and registered in March/10 in the name of Maruti suzuki India ltd, Gurgoan.
[/quote']

How about driven 2150kms only by hundred different people. Is it acceptable??

Sept,09 Car registered after 6 months was it Demo car given to different dealers for test drive it.

My Opinion there are many doubts which cann't be answered. so no point in purchasing a year old car at that price. If short of money look for financing. But don't buy this used abused mess.smiley7.gif

You may be right, as it is there is a difference of 2% in finance rate for new and old car, hence I will there at the end of the road.

Guys, thanks for the advise. I will go for the new car.