dv_krishna

need best sedan <9L

i hv taekn TD on fiesta, aveo, city, optra. no doubt city is the best in C segment, at the same time i found optra C+ segment car with new price from October costing <city . i m connfused between city and optra as optra looks good, but not getting confidence as there are very few vehicles on road and also not many good reviews available on otpra. i look forward some experience of good cars from people

Has to be either the Fiesta p, SX4 Zxi or the ANHC. Also TD fiat linea t-jet.

If budget is a concern then SX4 ZXi or the fiesta top variant. If you can stretch then City is the best. Fiat linea t-jet is good but the engine is yet to prove its mettle.

Optra has costly spares and is dated. Ride is good but handling isnt.

sb-alto2010-10-24 16:13:19

@krishna;

Overall Optra 1.6 petrol is a Good car but considering Present day Scenario of its segment, it's not that much desirable car now as neither its a Performance king nor a Fuel efficient one, Many other & better Alternatives are available in Market in that Price band with better Power, Fuel efficiency & features like;

-Fiat Linea T-Jet: India's best Performance Sedan under 10 lacs with Good Performance, Looks, Features, etc.

-Maruti Suzuki SX4 VVT Petrol: Good Performer & Easy to maintain.

-VW Vento: Good & Fuel Efficient Petrol engine with Good Brand appeal.

Over to you..

Dear Krishna,

For your benefit, I seriously warn you.

Don't touch the American brands.

Both Ford and GM.

There is another thread "Poll: Diesel Hatch" in the next page.

Read it.

I suggest

Honda City

Maruti SX4

Fiat Linea T-jet

You can stretch a little more for

Toyota Altis

Honda Civic

Best pick (fuel efficient and reliable)

Honda City

Hey Krishna,

Agree with most folks here, its a big No for Optra...reasons being...its become old now, long term reliability, resale value not good for chevvy....no great performer...

Would Recommend:

-> Honda City - definitely the king of this segment. Perfect All Rounder.

-> If want something different then, VW Vento - Good overall car, but spares may be a concern. Definitely if looking for a diesel then this may be the car for you.

-> Also definetely Linea T-Jet is a good option

dear all, thanks for the good feedback, i agree with u all not to opt for optra. i m looking for only petrol

city - undisputed leader

VW - good brand, service dealer ship network could be issue, spare parts could be expensive, yet to get feedback on petrol Vento

linea - good techie car, yet to perform on road

etios - could be good competition to city

T-Jet and City , if you don't mind let me suggest to you Cedia , best among all you have quoted , it is very under-rated car but its a stunner. You also get Momo steering and OZ alloys with GPS system. Give it a try it will be hard to resist it

Out of the two you have shortlisted,

my vote goes for City.  And, a no to Optra.

I do not know, but let me venture out to suggest something different.

By the way, for that sort of money, you can also get a one-year-old car from

the next premium segment, with all road taxes paid (now a days, life tax in AP is 12% to 15% on the ex-showroom price) and all mandatory services done so that engine is moderately run, well tuned and in perfect condition.  If I were to be in your situation, I will certainly look for such one-year-old premium sedans.  Just scount around, you will find aplenty.

The fiesta is the best among the lot, any day better to drive than ANHC. Also the ANHC has a very bad ground clearance, you've to take a big risk with it on bad roads.

The new model of the fiesta is due this year end, I wod've waited for it.

The optra is a strict no. Whatever discount they offer i will never recommend you to buy it being an Opel, the car is pretty good otherwise.

SX4 is a good buy, but mileage is an issue. I think the diesel version is bound to come out shortly, that should be a tempting offer.

@gego: I am surprised that you have an issue with the ground clearance of the Honda City. I have a Civic and given a reasonable degree of care, even this is fine on the pretty rough roads that Kanpur has to offer.

1. The fiesta is the best among the lot' date=' any day better to drive than ANHC. Also the ANHC has a very bad ground clearance, you've to take a big risk with it on bad roads.

2. SX4 is a good buy, but mileage is an issue. I think the diesel version is bound to come out shortly, that should be a tempting offer.

[/quote']

ANHC has decent GC to tolerate most indian roads. Plus the efficiency is class leading.

SX4 is now a bit more efficient than before. Variable valve increased efficiency by 1-2kmpl overall. Expect more than 11 now.

@sb-alto: As I have stated many times the GC figure is of little or no relevance. The figure refers to the lowest part of the car - this almost invariably is the bottom of the steering linkages, located on either side just inside the front wheels. Now this part will ride up and down with the car so will not be the source of the graunch, bang, etc. As far as the tendency of teh bottom to rub is concerned the source lies somewhere else.

@bala: Theoretically yes, in practice hardly ever. My experience is that it is normally the exhaust which most often takes the hit. I remember the linkages being struck only once in my experience (been driving since 1969).

Yes, you are right the overhang can brush the bottom. This is why the entry and exit angles are important.

sgiitk2010-10-27 10:48:03