raceon

Yamaha Motor is launching nex - gen bikes

Hi guys just heard that Yamaha Motor will launch a new range of bikes on 4th (thats tommorrow) december 2007 in Delhi. the line up includes the R1 and some more bike.

If any of you guys have any more info on this please share.

Ya FRG you are right, but you see there are many who want to own SBKs, I am one of them but because of the price tag its a big NO NO. All i am saying is the should n't cross the 2lac mark.

YAMAHA do you hear ME.  smiley2.gif

Rs.10.5L plus taxes, 15% down. Have booked but will have to wait as black is not currently available for Indian market, they have promised me delivery no later than middle January before auto show. Will keep you guys posted. Middle Age crisis finally comes to Gurkha.

Yeah... true. But yes, the government is making it easier for people to really taste speed by relaxing age-old norms of speed limits by increasing them. i've heard that if the new ruling comes to pass, bikers will be able to vroom upto 80 kph on expressways legally. The problem is that this ruling is too little is too late. What do our MPs, who are afraid of venturing out of their bullet-proof cars, know about the thrills of the bike?

Bringing in fast vehicles without providing the necessary requisite infrastructure to use them is a catch 22 situation. If I can't ride my R1 like I do my bike in German autobahn or US highways is just self defeating.

And yes, Yamaha's also confessed as to providing only limited numbers in only five cities, cause it does not have enough after-sales service. The high point... Right now, Yamaha's Indian market share in two wheelers is a measly 3%. Yamaha now wants to manufacture bikes for the niched class only and improve its share to 10% by 2010. Can't see how...

Only those in the five cities would be interested in a bike like R1. As for Yamaha's share, speculations apart, they do have the necessary product range to come close to their declared target.

YZF R1 + MT 01, both for 11 odd lakh on road. Yes it sounds like much, but then again theres so much to gain here, with the bikes being available through a completely legal chanel, with papers, INSURANCE, after sales, spares and even a hotline to Yamaha direct and only for these bike owners. 

Only those in the five cities would be interested in a bike like R1. As for Yamaha's share' date=' speculations apart, they do have the necessary product range to come close to their declared target.[/quote']

Dude, they just want to focus on SBKs. How many people would buy them?

Only those in the five cities would be interested in a bike like R1. As for Yamaha's share' date=' speculations apart, they do have the necessary product range to come close to their declared target.[/quote']

Dude, they just want to focus on SBKs. How many people would buy them?

You would be surprised at the number of people in Delhi waiting to book it along with myself.

Yamaha Has launched a Sports bike and its a CBU and it costs 10 lacks ex showroom , The styling is good and this BIKE is only for true SPORTZ BIKE Freakzzz!!! my godd almost the price of my civic , i would still select a civic over this bike

regards,

Priya

Priya

Civic is different than this bike, can't be compared. If you are into bikes, this is among the ultimate of bikes like a McLaren or SLR or NSX or Ferrari. Civic is not in that league.

Civic is different than this bike' date=' can't be compared. If you are into bikes, this is among the ultimate of bikes like a McLaren or SLR or NSX or Ferrari. Civic is not in that league.[/quote']

he he i know but i was simply talking about the price..... , the pricing is almost same soo i said i would still opt for the civic its much of a fun but 10 lacs for the Bike is a bit overpirced

regards,

Priya