gego&bones

Ritz Vdi/ Swift Vdi/Figo titanium D- Budget <6 lac

Hi guys, one of friends is planning on upgrading from his wagonR. He has budget of under 6 lacs. He drives around 1500 km per month. He wants something which is economical to maintain as well fun to drive, good service network and resale value.

when he asked my opinion, I suggested the Ritz Vdi with ABS.

I thought why not know what you guys have to say on this?

All the cars in the list are good ones. All have its own fair share of plus and minuses.

Considering monthly running of 1500km, even the petrol should suit him fine. Think there is no harm in going for the Diesel variant too.

Considering that he was previously using a Wagon R, think he would be happy with the space availability, higher seating and comfort of Ritz. The steering, suspension, quality etc should be far better than Wagon R, though the Swift is slightly better in the stability front. Moreover, even the waiting period is lesser for Ritz!

If opting for Petrol variant of Marutis, I wold suggest ZXi variants of both Ritz/Swift! They are good value-for money compared to Vxi variant of the respective cars. If it is the Diesel which he is planning to buy, think there are Ritz Limited edition cars available even now. And ask him to upgrade to better tires. 185/70 R14 should be fine with the company fitted steel rims. 195/65 R14 may need alloys, especially in Ritz.

By, the way, we have a Ritz VDi ABS in our home. Car has clocked more than 30k, and it is still touch wood, with good fuel efficiency (17-18 in mixed conditions) and without any problems like rattles. Hence my opinion might be a lil biased. smiley4.gif Please ask him to take a test drive of all the cars and decide.

The Swift is accepted to be more of a driver's car than the Ritz. So while the space availability is a bit lower, if he is an enthusiast the the Swift may be the car of choice.

Its between the Ford Figo Titanium diesel and the Swift VDi ABS. I guess its now time for Figo diesel. More value for money and better space than swift.

If I was the buyer, I would have gone for the Figo titanium D. The tyres are wider, space is more, ride and handling good and spares are reasonable. Swift has a tendency for early rattles and the Vxi/Vdi tyres are bad. A Zdi (imaginary) should have been better

I guess its now time for Figo diesel. More value for money and better space than swift. If I was the buyer' date=' I would have gone for the Figo titanium D.

[/quote']

Ford vehicles are not that reliable and they will be a lot costly in maintainence in the long run.

If it was a reliable product sales would not get stagnant at 6k mark. It would have blasted through the roof. And also expect a bad resale value.

As an owner of Fiesta I would not consider a good buy for u.

shanthanreddyp2010-11-01 10:35:12

What about the new swift? its well on its way right, but maruti salesmen are still not trying too hard to push the Swift or Dzire.

There is just 10k discount in kerala on Swift.

Ritz and Dzire no discount.

A-star 20 k.

I think it would be more sensible to wait for the new Swift, since they are launching both petrol and diesel together.

We checked out the figo titanium yesyerday. Its really good, especially one with black dash. Music system comes with USB, Drive was superb,  handling was excellent, but i still felt my swift Dzire diesel was better and more fun to drive. The steering in the swift is definitely more responsive, even my friend agreed with that.

We even drove the A-star automatic today, its first time i drove an automatic. Its definitely easy, the brakes with ABS were so accurate, nothing like my Dzire Ldi. But to be frank i found driving the automatic boring.

Thanks alt for all your suggestions, I will tell you what he finally decides to get.

i have heard that fiat was originally producing the diesel engine of swift which was far better then the recent engine procuced by maruti. Is it true? can i purchase the k series 2010 deisel swift

Hi guys' date=' one of friends is planning on upgrading from his wagonR. He has budget of under 6 lacs. He drives around 1500 km per month. He wants something which is economical to maintain as well fun to drive, good service network and resale value.

when he asked my opinion, I suggested the Ritz Vdi with ABS.

I thought why not know what you guys have to say on this?

[/quote']

i have heard that fiat was originally producing the diesel engine of swift which was far better then the recent engine procuced by maruti. Is it true? can i purchase the k series 2010 deisel swift

Firstly K series is a petrol engine. And it is without the doubt the best petrol engine in its segment!

Also Maruti manufactures diesel engines under license from fiat, with its own configuration which have made it even better than what Fiat has for Punto.

so can u pls tell me whether pick up or mileage has been compromised with the new maruti swift diesel engine as compared to older fiat engine

Firstly K series is a petrol engine. And it is without the doubt the best petrol engine in its segment!

Also Maruti manufactures diesel engines under license from fiat' date=' with its own configuration which have made it even better than what Fiat has for Punto.[/quote']

Ther has been no change to the diesel engine! Only the petrol engine has been changed and this one is infact better, more refined and fuel efficient. Power remains the same.

2011 Swift in expected Mid 2011

Ther has been no change to the diesel engine! Only the petrol engine has been changed and this one is infact better' date=' more refined and fuel efficient. Power remains the same.

2011 Swift in expected Mid 2011[/quote']

Will the new swift be launched with VVT version of K-series engine? elsewhere they have a 95 PS VVT version of k-series.

Will the new swift be launched with VVT version of K-series engine? elsewhere they have a 95 PS VVT version of k-series.

Yes, it is likely to be the VVT version with 91bhp or so. Whether VVT will be optional or not is still not known.

sb-alto2010-11-09 05:05:02

I feel that Maruti might plonk-in the same K-Series available in the current Swift, that is without VVT. And the VVT option may be plonked-in once the Bharat 5 pollution norms come into effect.

The current K-Series is still suggested by experts as the best bet in the segment, even after the launch of Hyundai Kappa-2 with VVT! Hence I do not see any point in upgrading K-series engine now and making the customer to pay more; when it is already one step ahead of the competition!

Yes, Maruti can continue with the same k-series engine, since it is still better than compitition. But, if they add vvt, it may be more fuel efficient than the current one which will offset the incremental cost of say 5-10K.

Why not wait for a month a get the face-lifted swift?

I already booked a Swift Vdi ABS white, the facelifted version. I strongly believe the extended 90mm length is going to give a little extra boot space, and yes the traditional rattles of the swift will not appear again in the to be launched swift 2011.

Note: Even though the 2011 swift is not launched nor do the dealers have any specified details, I have done an advance booking. Hope I would get it in the 1st lot!!