creativebala

2011 Fiesta - Now launched

2009-2010-ford-fiesta-sedan-guangzhou-au

2009-2010-ford-fiesta-sedan-guangzhou-au

car_photo_368230_7.jpgFord-Fiesta-Interior-01.jpg

New+fiesta+interior.jpg

New-Ford-Fiesta-Interior.jpg

To me, this COMBO reminds of Linea-Punto. With very good HANDLING & ride, I expect this combo to bang straight into Fiat's territory. Looks wise too, this combo reminds me of Fiat's. Ford is known to market its product aggressively (unlike Fiat), so expect some thing from ford big this time.

Expect this cars to hit our roads in Q2 next year.
creativebala2010-11-02 15:34:52

I posted this on the 'Breaking News' section. Homrazd tweeted about it.

He sais that the car was showcased to Ford dealers recently. It is the same as the Chinese Fiesta. Sedan version coming in April 2011 with 1.6L petrol and diesel.

I am excited about this car. Lets hope it hits the roads as soon as possible.

I find the Figo a more endearing design than the present Fiesta. I wish Ford brings this car here at the earliest and prices it sensibly: they will know by the Figo experience how important price is. This would be the best looking Ford to be sold in India.

These pics are around for a while and the same model is being sold in several countries.

Will the Indian-spec version be the same looker?

Any defined time-frame of it's arrival?

If it is to come in as early as 2011-beginning, they must have started prototype-tesing. But, nobody seems to catch any spy-shots of this beauty.

ACI UTV News showed Fiesta will be launched in Jan 2011. CnB NDTV previewed the European version of Fiesta Hatch and expects that the hatch version will be launched in India first in QI 2011.

All new Fiesta spotted!

04112010188.jpg

04112010187.jpg

Here are some of the spy images of the all-new Ford Fiesta, spotted by our reader Thilak G, testing near Chennai. The spy pics clearly suggest that the new saloon is bigger than the current-generation Fiesta sold in our market. The new Fiesta saloon (codenamed B299) employs Ford

I feel 2489 mm is a tad short a wheelbase by today's standards. Many premium hatchbacks better the Fiesta on that; interior space will be at a premium, I think. This will also have the same reverse visibility problem like the Ikon with the high set boot lid. Design is flamboyant by Ford India standards which has so far been bringing in drab looking cars. Choice of engines is good. The pricing looks spot on. If they hold on to that price, I see lots of hatchbacks going down the hatch. 

The new Fiesta is a great car. In fact this will be replacing the Focus in WRC. Also the petrol now has enough power(118bhp) to take on the City and Linea t-jet and upcoming Verna and the diesel to seems to be more powerful but it may not be as fuel efficient as the last one. And the Fiesta(in my opinion) looks better too. The old model looked rather sedate next to City and Linea. Hope Ford releases an S variant for the new model too

?

To me' date=' this COMBO reminds of Linea-Punto. With very good HANDLING & ride, I expect this combo to bang straight into Fiat's territory. Looks wise too, this combo reminds me of Fiat's. Ford is known to market its product aggressively (unlike Fiat), so expect some thing from ford big this time.

?

Expect this cars to hit our roads in Q2 next year.
[/quote'] Typical ford front, honda like stearing wheel, chevy beat inspired Dashboard and dials,side profile like linea with mismatched lines. What a idea sir ji.

As per some business sources, that the new Fiesta will be launched before 14th of Jan2011 and the deliveries will commence from 1st week of February.

However, It'll be seen at the launch which will come 1st;

Hatchback -Ford Verve 

or its Sedan -Ford Falcon.

This is a fantastic news,any more details??

The pics look great,and I too have read at many places that the same version is going to be launched here in India too.IT HAS GOT A SUNROOF TOO.

Here are some more details,not sure about the exact specs:-

VEHICLE SUMMARY

Name:New Fiesta

Model:1.6 GXi

Car Body Type:Sedan

Segment:C Segment

Top Speed:164

Fuel Consumption: Highway 17.00 kmpl,City 12.00 kmpl.

Warranty:NA

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Displacement:1596cc, 4 Cylinder, DOHC

Engine Type:Petrol

Maximum Power:101 Bhp @ 6500 rpm

Maximum Torque:146 Nm @ 3400 rpm

DIMENSIONS

Length:4282 mm

Width:1686 mm

Height:1468 mm

OTHER SPECIFICATIONS

Seating Capacity:5

Tyre Size:175/65R 14

Suspension:Independent McPherson strut, Semi-independent

Turning Circle:4.90 mtrs.

Boot Space:430.00 ltrs.

Steering:Tilt

Brakes:Front Ventilated, Rear Disk

Gears:5 Manual

Ground Clearance:168.00 mm

Kerb Weight:1150.00 kgs.

Fuel Tank:45.00

For more details,go to the link:

http://autos.maxabout.com/cvid1370/ford-new-fiesta-16-gxi

There may be one diesel variant too,sporting a 1.6 engine,specs. as follows:-

VEHICLE SUMMARY

Name:Fiesta 1.6 Diesel

Car Body Type:Sedan

Segment:C Segment

VERDICT

FOR:

Has very refined engine

Good ride and handling

Superb mileage

AGAINST:

Lacks styling

Diesel version lacks top end performance

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Displacement:1600cc

Engine Type:Diesel

Maximum Power:113bhp

Maximum Torque:?

DIMENSIONS

Length:4282 mm

Width:1686 mm

Height:1444 mm

OTHER SPECIFICATIONS

Seating Capacity:5

Steering:Tilt

Brakes:Front Disk, Rear Drum

Gears:5 Manual

for more details:

http://autos.maxabout.com/cvid0000359/ford_fiesta_16_diesel.aspx

HERE I FIND THE DIESEL PACKAGE AS MOUTH WATERING ONE..

Ford's complete line-up and future plans can be found here:-

http://autos.maxabout.com/ccid0000002/ford.aspx

VERDICT

FOR:

Has very refined engine

Good ride and handling

Superb mileage

AGAINST:

Lacks styling

Diesel version lacks top end performance

I believe Fiesta is quite stylish and has fresh design.

Its negative point : Lacks styling: is it really sosmiley25.gif

But then beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Anyway, thanks for the info.smiley32.gif

How the cars would be priced? I feel hatch should target i20 & sedan should go for Vento.

AHHH chinese. 

@bala the pic you have uploaded is the chinese version. They have different rims and headlights , tail-lights , fog lamps and alloys compared to the one available in Europe. I can spot different alloys on the Indian version than the chinese one.

ford-fiesta-attractive-somemore-reward-t

moz-screenshot.pngmoz-screenshot-1.png

Eagerly await this launch... i love the current Fiesta a lot.. but would like to wait for this one. a 1.6 diesel would be better than the current 1.4 l.

Only thing I feel overdone or probably looks a little odd is the interior - its a tad too sporty for a sedan to be sold in India. I like the steering, and the dash layout. But the AC vents and the center condole look a little overdone. Too much of chrome on one strip!! Like the dark grey interiors though smiley1.gif

The youtube video posted by asethi is quite a long one for spotting a mule nowadays. Nonetheless we have the appreciate the effort by the biker and the pillion for even chasing the Fiesta guy. The car looks elegant and cool and appears more like the white fiesta above. But the car seems to accelerate good.

Yesterday saw this Fiesta Saloon opposite to me in a signal.

What a Road presence man? wow. It stands like a buffalo amongst other cars. Its tall, huge and awesome. I have seen the upcoming verna too, but that one is nowhere near to this when Road Presence is considered.

Again no pics, thanks to my android, as it takes few mins to click a picture.

@bala;

Great Scoop text bala.

Why not to have a Quick Visit to Ford India plant as Visitor(but with spy cam) to reveal some series of launches like Fiesta Sedan, hatchback, etc.

Slightly off topic but;

Again no pics' date=' thanks to my android, as it takes few mins to click a picture.
[/quote'] 

Android is tad slow yar for Clicking Sequences & Quick Gallery Preview.

that's why my Sony Ericsson is also back to job from last 3-4days to the same sake.

Its 2mp Camera is my Clearer than Samsung G3's 3.2mp Autofocus one.

The Grain texture of the former's pic is also Richer.

These are the pictures of Fiesta hatch (courtesy Autoguide).

Looking at these pictures I come to believe that new Fiesta's design is more suitable for hatch than sedan.

However, we have no information/confirmation regarding launch of the hatch. Wish it was priced as a competitor against i20 & Polo!

2010+Ford+Fiesta+Euro-Spec-14.jpg

2010+Ford+Fiesta+Euro-Spec-09.jpg

What do you think? Fiesta hatch more beautiful than sedan? BornFree2011-02-15 14:02:02