creativebala

2011 Fiesta - Now launched

Yes Neeraj. It is worth to wait for this car. I am a big fan of Mazda after driving Mazda 6.But that car is lying in Civic segment and have 2790 mm wheel base.Fiesta is coming on Mazda 2 platform which have 2489 mm wheel base. This is just 3 mm more than current fiesta and 60 mm lesser than Honda city.Like Figo Ford is looking for match winner in Fiesta (Code:B299).

Here they have adapted German/Korean Technic for pricing the car.First they have decided the price range then done cost estimation.They changed their regular line builder and given the order to Korean company .They have done the same exercise for press tools also. Like maruti they have also implemented flexible assembly lines. That means you can build Fiesta ,Figo,Ikon on the same line according to market demand.

As per some information received from insiders 1.6 Diesel engine will produce 90 BHP and 20.7 kgm torque. And 1.6 Petrol engine develops 118 BHP.

Anyway we can hope that Ford will price it starting from 6.7 for Petrol car and 7.5 for Diesel car for ending Honda city's monopoly in that segment.Expecting to see the launch the car in March 2011.

What an Unveiling.. One the same day of its biggest competitior's launch, The SX4.

I don't think Ford will have to delay their new Fiesta's launch till July, as by that time the love of customers for these Sedans might fade, with the launch of other cars, like New Verna, Dzire CS, etc.

I think Ford have to launch it before New Verna, Swift's launch & when Etios charm completely fades away, probably till this May. 
dr_nishu2011-02-22 18:17:59

nice review, I hope we get the European version rather than the chinese one. Though the difference isn't a lot but European rear and alloy are much better.

2012 Fiesta is already out so i guess we get an older gen smiley6.gif

This basically a booted hatch like all other Ford's offerings, so interior space will be at a premium. Wheel base is smaller than many larger hatchbacks. Boot also is not seamlessly integrated as in the Vento. Taillights look like those of the Renault Fluence. Interior quality is not one of Ford's plus points which will see constant improvement as time passes by.

Durango Dude2011-03-23 16:39:18

Fiesta's USP has always been driving pleasure. Space, interior quality etc. have not been its forte. Now with new Fiesta Ford has moved along in the same territory. Fiesta's dynamics beat any other mid segment cars including Linea. But interior space is again at premium. Ditto with interior quality. Some parts look out of place in 8L rupee car. So I doubt that it will sell like hotcake. But it is capable enough to find a niche among enthusiast.

Any news on car getting launched today?

Ford Fiesta Sedan 2011 Car launch confirmed for 14th April, 2011!

Ford India seems to be capitalizing on the torpor that Hyundai India seems to have entangled itself in. While the 2011 Hyundai RB Sedan continues to elude a launch date, Ford India will be unwrapping the 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan Car on the 14th April, 2011 at New Delhi.

Lucky me to have had the sudden trip delay the car buying. Fiesta was always my first choice and now that it may already be in the showrooms by the time I am back, makes me all the more excited.

New Fiesta Sedan details with pics:

Stylish front with Ford's Kinetic-design front grille & bumper.

Vd3Zbl.jpg

Cool looking ORVMs with Auto folding & Integrated Side Indicator Repeaters.

IVqXZl.jpg

-Gorgeous yet l'll bit flabby Side-Rear profile,

xQw9Ll.jpg

-Racy Cockpit styled Dashboard with Sporty Driving Dynamics, Angular Meter Console, Steering wheel with Wing-design ICE with USB/Aux-In compatibilty,

a9Pdpl.jpg

-A first in this segment, the Fiesta is equipped with smart Voice Control technology paired with BluetoothR, which provides wireless connectivity to a mobile phone, which is jointly developed with Microsoft(like Blue & Me of Fiat). The Voice Control feature allows the use of one

This is getting frustrating nowsmiley7.gif. Atleast for me. I wish Ford would just release the damn car rather then spending their time and energy on Fashion Shows that I personally think dont do much for the promotion of the car.

All-New Ford Fiesta 2011 unveiled

Fiesta-Kinetic-Blue-Exterio_1.jpg

All-New Ford Fiesta 2011 unveiled

6 June 2011

Ford has unveiled the Indian built Ford Fiesta in Bengaluru

today. Ford's all-new saloon comes with a new range of engines that make

their debut in the Indian model.

The new Fiesta will be powered by 1.5-litre petrol and diesel

engines. The 1.5-litre petrol is a scaled down version of the 1.6-litre

motor that powers the earlier Fiesta - now Fiesta Classic - but comes

with Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) which boosts

power to an impressive 108.46bhp.

The 1.5-litre diesel is an enlarged version of the 1.4 Duratorq and

now comes with an inter cooler. The diesel develops 89.72bhp and

20.81kgm of torque. Both cars are equipped with a 5-speed manual gearbox

and a twin clutch auto

It seems expensive for a Ford but the features being offered are a first for its category and being the drivers car that it is, looks very promising. The only department it lacks IMHO, is the looks where it looses out to the Verna and the ANHC.

ACI first: New Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi First Test pics unveiled;

4W5FS.jpgzCvOc.jpghoHhV.jpg

Interiors are Nice & are same as that of Fiesta sold Internationally, but lack of Beige option is a sore miss in this segment. MX5gd.jpg

1.5l, 4-cylinder, 91PS TDCi torquey diesel engine for Diesel lovers.

-ACI
dr_nishu2011-06-08 09:21:41

The only department it lacks IMHO' date=' is the looks where it looses out to the Verna and the ANHC.[/quote']

American or European cars are never meant to look futuristic as like Japaneese ones, instead they're more oriented to look functional or style oriented & New Fiesta being a no exception is meant to serve the same purpose i.e to look kinetic/fast from its looks & offering unmatched Handling, Ride comfort & Driver appeal, really a way ahead of New Verna.
& That's the trump card for this New Fiesta, definitely ford will try to encash on this alongwith the recently acquired top Fuel efficiency figures(17kpl for 1.5 TiVCT Petrol & 23.5kmpl for 1.5 TDCi diesel, ARAI).
Expect aggressive pricing from Ford this time also to get some bigger pie of this segment.