creativebala

2011 Fiesta - Now launched

@Nishu I agree. What I meant was that the car is near perfect and if you could possibly point out something that might hold it back is that it is not as good looking(according to Indian tastes) as the City or the Verna. Love the car thoughsmiley1.gif.

All the complaints in International reviews have had one common point- less room in the back seat, a very important issue in India. Waiting for detailed review, to see if it has been rectified for India

After seeing the test drive review on television I think it is a gud car for me coz I m looking for a diesel sedan for quite sometime but now think that my search is end,the car looks stunning and most of all it is a new thing from ford I mean the old fiesta and this one are completely different.I am in love with this car,hope they price it somewhere in between 7-8lacs.... smiley2.gif

Just saw the autocar show on the new Fiesta . Renuka looked overjoyed with the steering response , ride and handling and the driver focus that this car has . The blue colour looks awesome and the package itself looks great . Lets wait for the pricing to come .

Ford looks to have intelligently introduced both engine in 1.5lt form to evaded taxes set by the government which are in the region of 25k . I just wish that in future Ford also launch the hatchback version of it .

Some facts about soon to be launched -New Fiesta sedan.

Ford prepares to launch the new Fiesta in July, more information on the vehicle has been shared to Indian media. Here're some interesting facts on the new Fiesta -

- India gets a convex-edged rear view mirrors while America has a dual mirror arrangement

- Ford has changed the horn for India as they believe drivers in India

Ford Starts Production of All-New Ford Fiesta

Ford has commenced production of the All-New Fiesta at its Maraimalai Nagar plant, near Chennai

The premium four-door sedan, which features several first-in-class technologies for India, an eye-catching design and class-leading fuel efficiency, will be available in showrooms later this year

Boosted by a USD 72 million investment, Ford India is the sixth manufacturing facility worldwide to start production of the highly acclaimed global Fiesta

NEW DELHI, India, 16 June, 2011

Looks like Ford has developed 'cold feet'. Why plonk a 1.5 Liter (instead of a 1.6) in  sedan with a 4291 mm length? In the interests of fuel economy by penny pinchers? The interior's look drab, eye sore of a rear central armrest hinge is very much there. The diesel comes with a FGT?!? The petrol now churns out just 107.5 bhp. I think it would be better for people to go in for the 1.6 petrol Fiesta Classic and save a few lakhs instead of this. I think this is 'coitus interruptus' from Ford. When you have soo much going on a "launch" like this why "pull" back at the very last moment. Couldn't resist the analogy.

Durango Dude2011-06-26 15:41:23

It seems that new ford fiesta is launching on july 14th.

Those who have registered in ford india web site for this vehicle are invited through email or sms to see the vehicle and book it at the nearest showroom on 10th july 11am.

The wait is finally over.

Got an email from Ford India saying the car launches on 14th July 2011 and I am invited to the launch at my nearest showroom on 10th July 2011. I had(when was planning to buy the Ford) messaged them on their advertised number and had registered with them with my email, hence got the email.

So basically Ford Fiesta launches 14th July, 2011.4

EDIT: Sorry didnt see the post above me. It says the same thing. smiley17.gifasethi9192011-07-06 16:35:02

Saw the 2011 fiesta in flesh in showroom.

It looks attractive in flesh.saw the white colour.

There are 4 variants:

1.style

2.trend

3.titanium

4.titanium plus.

Differance between the 3 & 4th variant,4th variant has cruise control and reverse parking sensors.

Voice control,bluetooth : 3&4

Aux+usb:3&4, Aux only: 1&2 .

Audio controls on steering: 1,2,3,4.

Power mirrors: 3&4, Electric mirrors: 1,2,3,4.

Abs with Ebd & Air bags: 1,2,3,4.

Alloys: 2,3,4.

Auto ac with voice control: 3&4, Auto ac: 2, Manual ac:1.

Fog lamps: 2,3,4.

Chrome on radiator grill,boot: 2,3,4.

Price announcement & launch on 14th july. According to the dealer delivery will commence only in 1st or 2nd week of august.(due to design approval by the government,which will take place after the launch & will take 2-3wks)

Power mirrors: 3&4' date=' Electric mirrors: 1,2,3,4.

[/quote'] Can you please differentiate?

Abs with Ebd & Air bags: 1' date='2,3,4.[/quote']Good thing. It should be made compulsory for all vehicles.

Price announcement & launch on 14th july.

Keeping in view that it has all security features on base variant, it will interesting to know how they price it.

power mirrors are electrically foldable ones, electric are only adjustable.

Colours;

1.kinetic blue

2.sea grey-darkn grey

3.moon dust silver

4.chil mettalic-like biege

5.panther black

6.squeeze-figo green

7.diamond white

Looks like Ford has developed 'cold feet'. Why plonk a 1.5 Liter (instead of a 1.6) in? sedan with a 4291 mm length? In the interests of fuel economy by penny pinchers? The interior's look drab' date=' eye sore of a rear central armrest hinge is very much there.?The diesel comes with a FGT?!? The petrol now churns out just 107.5 bhp. I think it would be better for people to go in for the 1.6 petrol Fiesta Classic and save a few lakhs instead of this. I think this is 'coitus interruptus' from Ford. When you have soo much going on a "launch" like this why "pull" back at the very last moment. Couldn't resist the analogy.

[/quote']

I think Ford has plonked a 1.5 liter engine in the interest of better FE only, but that doesn't mean the new Fiesta is a slouch by any means. The petrol motor is still a good fun to drive motor as stated by Renuka Kirplani in the official test drive .

Honda also offers city with a 1.5l motor. So, this actually doesn't matter. Interiors might not be of everyone's taste, but the car offers latest equipment. Pricing is yet to be seen and then only the future course can be decided.

Ford plonked 1.5L diesel in sedan, because they can use the same on fiesta hatch without any modification.

IMHO, fiat should also come out with stripped 1.5L version of its 1.6mjd, so that one engine can feed Linea, punto, swift, R-III, DZ IRE, manza and probably for upcoming tata premium sedan, sx4 hatch, may be to few other upcoming small SUVs.

Please suggest me a good colour.

I have 3 colours in my mind white,silver,blue.

Which one to go for.i want an easy to maintain colour and minor scratches should not be visible. I have booked for the diesel titanium variant. Only the colour is yet to be decided. I like the sporty blue colour.but i don't know whether it is too flashy.have to see the colour in flesh.

Blue is very very flashy. Saw this colour in front of a Ford dealership.

I really dislike Blue and Squeeze

I like Chill Metallic the best. Having a similar colour, maintenance is easy, and I can assure you the car will stand out from the sea of silver and white out there

2011-ford-fiesta-sedan-photo-1.jpg