arkboypunk1

Buying yet another i10!!!!!

As many of you know,

1. My family has been searching for a new car in price range of 6-7 lakh for some time now.

2. I bought a white i10 Kappa1 Magna in August that I share with my grandparents.

Well, we had settled for the SX4 ZXi, color blue, and were a few days from booking one, when my parents decided to go in for another i10 instead!!! They just loved the dimensions, headroom, interiors, peppy performance and easy to run, own, handle and love nature of our i10, that whenever they TDed any car, be it the Polo, Manza, i20, SX4, Vento, Jazz etc, they compared the car with our i10 in some way or the other, and kept saying "our little i10 is better". I too love our i10, and wouldn't mind having another!!

So, we will be booking a sky blue i10 Kappa2 Asta MT soon (don't know when, still hanging on to and enjoying the present i10 before handing it over to my grandparents).

Will be fitting it with stanley leathers, Plati/Veloshce/ HR/Evo alloys, JBL 4 ch amp, Illusion/Boston/something better front components.

What do you say guys?! smiley2.gif

For a budget of 6-7L i would keep out i10, more if I already have one. Had I been in your place I would have gone for a big hatch or a mid size sedan.

With an Alto at home, all I can say is small cars are not always better and serve less purpose.

Why would you have an i10 over an SX4. sounds ridiculous to me' date=' but to each his own. [/quote']

i) The i10 is cheaper.

ii) It has a fair share of features.

iii) Better FE.

iv) Easier to handle it Bangalore's choc-a-bloc traffic.

v) The SX4 is too big to park in many situations. We don't have enough parking space for all our cars.

Why would you have an i10 over an SX4. sounds ridiculous to me' date=' but to each his own. [/quote']

i) The i10 is cheaper.

ii) It has a fair share of features.

iii) Better FE.

iv) Easier to handle it Bangalore's choc-a-bloc traffic.

v) The SX4 is too big to park in many situations. We don't have enough parking space for all our cars.

@sb: I'm getting a Fiesta next week from the office replacing the Indigo. So one 'big' car is more than enough.

Why not a bigger hatch ? May be i20 or Ritz zxi or Polo could have been better.

Kappa engine is not that efficient, at least in real life. i10 is cheap alright but less spacious and has poor headlamps and tyres. With 6-7L budget you have so much to choose from.

Why not a bigger hatch ? May be i20 or Ritz zxi or Polo could have been better. Kappa engine is not that efficient' date=' at least in real life. i10 is cheap alright but less spacious and has poor headlamps and tyres. With 6-7L budget you have so much to choose from.

[/quote']

1) The seating position of the Polo was too cramped and for my dad.

2) The i20's centre console fumbles with my knee. The seating feels really low compared to my i10.

3) Ritz ZXi's styling and interiors didn't appeal to my parents.

4) It will cost me as low as Rs 7000 to upgrade the tyres. I can upgrade the headlamps too, not a big problem.

5) We test drove the Jazz, Manza, Polo, Vento, i20, Punto and SX4.

All of these failed to impress my parents and grandparents as much as our i10.

Why not a bigger hatch ? May be i20 or Ritz zxi or Polo could have been better. Kappa engine is not that efficient' date=' at least in real life. i10 is cheap alright but less spacious and has poor headlamps and tyres. With 6-7L budget you have so much to choose from.

[/quote']

1) The seating position of the Polo was too cramped and for my dad.

2) The i20's centre console fumbles with my knee. The seating feels really low compared to my i10.

3) Ritz ZXi's styling and interiors didn't appeal to my parents.

4) It will cost me as low as Rs 7000 to upgrade the tyres. I can upgrade the headlamps too, not a big problem.

5) The i10 is spacious enough for our needs. my mom and grandmom want elevated seating, unlike the Polo and i20.

6) We test drove the Jazz, Manza, Polo, Vento, i20, Punto and SX4.

All of these failed to impress my parents and grandparents as much as our i10.

Try to sway your parents towards the i20 when you go to the showroom to check out the i10smiley2.gif. Its a great car and fulfills all of your requirements. Its small yet spacious, within budget, good ASS and a step above the i10.

It always take some time to adjust yourself to new car and to find out what is better compared to the other car. If i were you, i would give I-20 a deep thought. Even a Figo is a great car and it's diesel is well within your budget and well equipped. Try both these car again and take the decision. All the best.

Thanks guys.

i) Beat is best suited for a couple (with young kid(s).

ii)The i20 feel's really low-lying compared to our i10. There's the i20 K2 in the pipeline. I don't want a car that's gonna get outdated.

iii) Therefore, the Figo is ruled out too.

Asethi, Bhai! I already have an i10, and have TDed the K2 & i20 twice, why would my parents want to check'em out again!?! smiley36.gif

Congrats on the same exact car again..smiley14.gif

U must be one of them lucky customers who don't face the ;

1)rattling

2)dashboard reflection

3)mileage issues

4)etc etc

which many i10 owners have been reporting since the past year so. I live in bangalore and i know the i10 is easy to flick around, but i'd rather have a bigger car to complement my small car.smiley36.gif

We're facing only dash reflection, which has been worsened, thanks to our Garware Icecool shield.

But it ain't that bad a hindrance even in dusty 40 degree towns too.

About a big car complementing a small car, I have a FIESTA!! (coming next week)

I guess so you should still give it a shot to i20. I dont think its fair to compare the spacing of i10 with i20. i20 has got much more room in the back, feels like a sedan and the seat height adjustment could be done on i20.

For 6-7 lacs it would be really astonshing according to me someone would be pay for an i10.

Even if i20 comes with kappa2 there wont be much difference its just the fuel effiency would be a better.

Anyways its a personal choice.

I can say go for the new i20 1.2lt kappa ASTA and fit 14'' alloys and tyres not exceeding 175 section .

I can relate to your thoughts ,one of my friend sat in my i20 and his father needed a car after a week his father drove our car and he was in love. But then he bought the petrol kappa i20 and he didn't even consider the other car I suggested to him.

Apart for lesser power he is happy ( he was blown away by the torque ).

Go in for the combination of black and beige colour for the leather seats as it will match the interior.

arkboypunk what ever the car chosen, its great that you are on the lookout for another hatch preferably an i10. It has been given a facelift.The choice is yours but do keep us posted on what you finally decide to go for.

Arkin, instead of going for i10 go for Swift or Ritz. With i10 there wont be any new experience, and you might get bored having 2 same cars in the family.

Also wait for the Estilo. Its barely 3 weeks away!

@rssh: I was thinking of 13" alloys with Yokohama A-drives size 165 R13.

@Anjan: I sure will! :)

@Rahul: Well, we spent 3 months TDing and considering many cars including the Ritz, and finally came to this decision.

I'll get my parents to TD the Micra before booking the new i10, though my heart is sold onto the new i10. smiley17.gif