rahul1810

i20 reaches 250,000 sales globally

Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the largest exporter and the second largest car manufacturer in India, achieved another milestone by crossing the sales of 2.5 lakh units of its premium hatchback i20 for the domestic and overseas markets since its launch in December, 2008. The company has stated that the two new variants - Era & Sportz introduced in April this year have also received a phenomenal response.

Of the 2.5 lakh i20 cars sold, over 92,000 cars have been sold in the domestic market and approximately 168,000 units were exported to around 80 countries. To celebrate this success, HMIL has equipped the Asta variant of the i20 with the cutting edge GPS-based Audio Visual Navigation (AVN System). Company claims with this, the award-winning i20 (

Hmmm! will this AVN be a dealer accessory for existing i20 asta owners .Also will it have bluetooth connectivity?

If not then there are many good option in the after market . But I want to see the fascia of this varient before going after market.

Guys ! any suggestion.

This has now become the most 'feature rich' hatch. All I'm asking for is: a manual 1.4 petrol variant and a diesel automatic variant, it will have much more takers than the present automatic petrol variant which I'm sure doesn't have many takers. 

Well done Hyundai. Its a great feature and if it is priced reasonably as an option, it might interest more than a few buyers.

@DD I agree. A manual version of 1.4 would be a very lucrative car considering how many people complain about the 1.2 lacking some punch. Diesel Auto sounds like a great idea but it would be way too expensive to make sense to most buyers.

Diesel Auto sounds like a great idea but it would be way too expensive to make sense to most buyers

Bang on!! Absolutely right. Diesel Auto would take it to 8.5ishh. Damn high!

-Rahul1810 -- What an awesum pic bhai!! I really feel main dhanya ho gaya after having a look at the pic. Really so COOL.driftpunk2010-11-10 17:38:15

Its truly a Garnishing touch for i20's dashboard with having Good Practical value.

Shockingly there still isn't Bluetooth connectivity though.

Hey Isn't that AVN system is having a button for Picking phone calls in front.

It means its having Bluetooth Connectivity feature also.

Well I am not a fan of i20 due to its punny engine(1.2) and lack of Driving dynamics but it is no surprise that i20 is selling in good numbers.It is due to following reasons-

1. large boot

2. interior space

3. equipment

4. quality

5. VFM

6. Hyundai brand due to it A.S.S

The fully loaded Asta now touches close to 7 lakhs OTR in New Delhi and I am confused whether to go for Honda City or i20 in futuresmiley17.gif

Off Topic-

Cars like i20, Figo are showing a trend as Indian Families are going back to its roots of large joint family  they want large practical cars and not small econoboxes or sporty small cars. They are not bothered whether the engine is underpowered , are lack dynamics as long as they have a driver to drive and plenty of cash for petrol/diesel .Harsh view it may seem but it s true  

Hey Isn't that AVN system is having a button for Picking phone calls in front.

It means its having Bluetooth Connectivity feature also.

Well yes the button is there , that makes it bluetooth compatible , but it doesn't include a bluetooth probably , u need to install a bluetooth kit which will set u back around 5k-10k.

Plus just checked-out the hyundai website , in their features list AVM is only available as an optional feature on Asta model and not standard.

Cars like i20' date=' Figo are showing a trend as Indian Families are going back to its roots of large joint family  they want large practical cars and not small econoboxes or sporty small cars. They are not bothered whether the engine is underpowered , are lack dynamics as long as they have a driver to drive and plenty of cash for petrol/diesel .Harsh view it may seem but it s true   [/quote']

I don't think so..

People here are Opting for larger hatchbacks today over the Sedans not over the Budget hatchbacks & that's Why A & A+ segment have grown up many folds than Entry-level Sedans' growth. 

& This is mainly due to;

-Increasing Road Traffic.

-Shrinking Parking Places.

-Sporty looks(i20 & Polo looks Damn Gorgeous in 205/50-R16 Alloys).

-Better features than corresponding Sedans, like there are 6-Airbags in i20 while Verna doesn't even comes with Single One. 

-Better Boot Space than in Hatchbacks previously.

Recently a Survey amongst Sedan Owners revealed that they hardly Open their Boot Once a Fortnight.

& Please Note: I agree that i20's dynamics are not as Sharp or Agile as Swift, but still they're way better than Other Rivals.

Our Respected Forum member & i20 CRDi Owner-RSSH can throw light on this better.

The AVN system comes with complete in-car entertainment and connectivity features. It also doubles up as a video player which supports video playback from the iPod/USB drive. For greater safety and convenience' date=' audio controls are provided on the steering wheel while a remote is provided for the convenience of the rear seat user. The in-built Bluetooth with an audio streaming function enables one to handle calls while driving besides playing music through the phone.

The option would be available only in the i20 Asta variants and with the AVN system would have the starting price at Rs. 630,439 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

[/quote']

@Sarabjeet

There is no need to install any additional bluetooth kit. It is full featured!

@rahul , oops missed that part , but had checked out the website they hadn't mentioned about bluetooth , strange that should have been written in bold letters.

On the other hand , VTVT i20 is due , they should make this standard feature for Asta model , VTVT shall have bluetooth standard anyways in higher model

Here's the Full Specification of this New i20 Asta & its AVN system:

Hyundai has equipped the Asta variant of the i20 with a GPS-based Audio Visual Navigation (AVN System). The new AVN system comes as an option with the Asta version with a 2 DIN system sporting a 5 inch LCD display and a touch screen interface with satellite based voice guided navigation to enable one to easily chart travel routes within and across multiple cities. The i20 Asta petrol with the AVN system would have the starting price of Rs. 6,30,439 (ex-showroom, New Delhi), which comes at a premium of Rs. 55,000/-. The AVN system also doubles up as a video player which supports video playback from the iPod/USB drive. Audio controls are provided on the steering wheel while a remote is provided for the convenience of the rear seat user. The in-built Bluetooth with an audio streaming function enables one to handle calls while driving besides playing music through the phone.

It contains details about locations, route options, the nearest Hyundai touch points and numerous other points of interest like restaurants, hotels, hospitals and malls. The SD memory card with pre-loaded navigation software enables users to save favourite routes and also guide different users driving to the same destination through the use of voice prompts which are available in more than a dozen languages including 8 Indian regional languages. Users can also select different route settings like shortest route, fastest route or the optimal route. Desired destinations can be set by entering the location names and exploring the map on touch screen, the system also allows users to record travel-related data for every journey.

Motorbeam.com

Well All I can say is that I have seen better System compared to the one they are giving and those have full touchscreen some 7" and they come with the fascia too (also mine is a brown fascia and a silver won't look good).

They are celebrating 2.5 lakhs units by milking their customers ? At least they could have offered free stickers like Maruti

They are probably testing at which price point for the i20 the protests will begin. It's really surprising that i20 is successful. Where brands with value like the Jazz and Fabia have been given a luke warm response. I completely agree with Rahul that Maruti must take the hint and bring out a fully kitted out New 2011 Swift in the petrol (ZXI) and diesel(ZDI) versions with all the features offered by i20 at a slightly higher price point.

@ DD

i feel maruti should price it below the top varient of i20 because a maruti at 8 lakh+ will not be the segment best seller.

They have the infrastructure and localization support more than hyundai and should use it to their advantage.

I think ford will be the best challenger with the new Fiesta