saladin

Best Indian Economy Bikes

Guys, which do you rate as the best economy bike ever run in India?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Guys, which do you rate as the best economy bike ever run in India?

All being said and done about the bold,beautiful, the fast and the costly, it would do little bad in casting an accidental glance at some of their cheap, economical cousins to have run in India. They may not appeal to everyone, but yes, they have, and are serving their purpose very well. Well, which do you think is the best among those listed above and why? If you reckon I've missed something, please splat it in your reply. 

Good old Hero Honda CD-100' date=' started the economy bike craze, best part is its extremely reliable comapared to all others out there.[/quote']

This time, I fully agree with you. The reason I didn't put it in there along with the others is that the bike, I thought, deserved better company than these. My dad owned one, and it was a gem of a bike. Never gave us any problems when we had it in Hyderabad. I loved it like hell. But when my dad decided to sell it and get a Bajaj Caliber, due to its height (when it was newly released), and the bike faced a string of problems, and had to be sold for a lowly price, I realised the goodness of the CD 100 Deluxe.

You won't believe this, but we sold the bike a bit more than what my dad bought it for, about 6-7 years later! Beat that!

HH 100 cc bikes. I wanted to vote for Splendor, but all share the same engine and almost same looks hence CD Dawn. These bikes from HH are dead reliable. They don't complain even if servicing is not done for a long time. FE above 65 in almost any conditions.

HH 100 cc bikes. I wanted to vote for Splendor' date=' but all share the same engine and almost same looks hence CD Dawn. These bikes from HH are dead reliable. They don't complain even if servicing is not done for a long time. FE above 65 in almost any conditions.[/quote']

How very true...