sarabjeet

Indigo Manza CS

Shorter Tata Indigo Manza CS Will Get Excise Benefit

Cars shorter than 4 meter in length in India have considerably lesser excise duty as they are classifieds as small cars. To take the advantage of the same, Tata motors is working on a shorter version of Tata Indigo Manza, the new variant will be called Tata Indigo Manza CS. The most interesting fact Tata Indigo Manza CS is that it will not cut down on the interior comfort of the car as the interior dimension of the passenger compartment will not be changed. Tata designers will contract the front and boot of the car to bring it to less than 4 meters in length from current length of 4.413 m. This reduction of about 42 cm in length will be achieved by cutting down space near the front grille of the car.

This reduction in size will enable Tata to price Manza CS very competitively to the hatchbacks. This is a great value for money for the buyers who want an entry level Sedan in a price bracket of a hatchback car

Shorter Tata Indigo Manza CS Will Get Excise Benefit

The ManzaCS looks good at that angle. 

Would be a successful option for all entry level sedan buyers.

It looks as if Tata entineers are working round the clock.

Good effort to get the maximum benefit from the set of operating rules.

Good business sense.

Now, IndigoCS for taxi segment and

ManzaCS for personal segment.

TATA can get a good idea over the design from it's own 'concept PRIMA'. It can utilize it's front end to design CS version. The distance between the bumper and radiator (its usually more in TATA vehicles) can be reduced and thus can make it compact and thus a flat face.

I read a posting on another blogsite and based on recollection. I could not locate the post depite a long search.

I used an Indica in 2007. While I was cruising on the highway at 110 kmph, I hit a stray dog. I got off to see the damage. There was no evidence of any accident on my vehicle. I could not feel that I ever hit an object except a minor thud.

Fast forward in 2009, I was driving my new Swift on the same highway and again hit a dog at about the same speed. I hear a huge noise and came to a screeching halt. I noticed old spilled all over the road. I bent down to notice that I had damaged the entire bumper, radiator, fan and some engine components and the car broke down. I had to tow it back to the service station and all the repair cost me about 30 thousands plus.

[/Quote]

The problem here is that in a bid to keep the cars compact the bumper is made to hug the radiator and an there by exposing the radiator and some components more susceptible to damages thus costing huge on repairs.

Now to keep the environmentalists angry:

But in both the accidents the dogs did not survive.

[/Quote]

shanthanreddyp2010-11-18 07:08:26

Good move & would improve Indigo numbers further which is already performing well on sales.

Going by the Vista & Indica Turbo pricing, I think the difference in price of Indigo CS & Manza CS should be little.

OT, do the Vista & Manzas interiors viz dashboard design, differ?

Crux of the problem here would be the petrol version. The performance of the Vista with the 1.2L @ 65 BHP itself is very sluggish. Then how would you expect the more heavier Manza CS to perform. I think TATA should tune the engine to deliver atleast 80 BHP with revised gear ratios and Vista to about 73-75 BHP.

Going by the Vista & Indica Turbo pricing' date=' I think the difference in price of Indigo CS & Manza CS should be little.[/quote']

I expect an ex-showroom price of the Manza CS

Petrol- 4.4 - 4.8L & Diesel- 5 - 5.4L Ex-showroom Hyderabad

Thanks Rahul, just got off talking with Tata exec. I was enquiring the prices of various Tata models viz. Indica, Vista(tdi, quadra), Indigo CS(eCS) & Manza.

Vista tdi, Indigo CS are priced well. Both come with the same TDi engine. Manza CS will surely come with Quadra but lower variant could have tdi also. Therefore, Manza CS & Vista both with TDi unit appear VFM. While Quadra variant goes a little up-market.

Vista tdi' date=' Indigo CS are priced well. Both come with the same TDi engine. [/quote']

Dear BornFree,

I think TDi BS4 for Vista & Indigo CS are not in the market as per the website.

Are there any plans to launch them soon?

shanthanreddyp2010-11-18 09:33:42

I think the CS will look better than its bigger brother.

+1, the shape is pretty rounded & the car certainly looks good in this rendering.

This could potentially be my 1st Tata!

I think SRK also has to render the front part of 4.4 meter long Manza.

TATA also plans to flatten out the front end as only curtailing the rear end of the Manza cannot bring it into the sub-4 meter length there by hampering its excise bracket.

shanthanreddyp2010-11-18 13:17:11

CB, this could be another variant in addition to CS, a la Indigo FB/NB!smiley2.gif

Afterall Indica platforms main purpose is to spawn out maximum no. of variants that can be thought off!
BornFree2010-11-18 16:23:28

The cost difference between a Booted CS & my Manza-Prius won't be too high. Tata can be happy on atleast, they made a Cheap yet wow looking car, other wise, it would attract Taxi buyers.

Body pressing, tail lamp clusters, boot lit are all going to be manufactured newly for Manza CS and the only main difference between these 2 would be the Rear Door, which would be retained in CS, where as it will be new in Manza-Prius and this won't be a really big investment.

On making a car like the Manza-Prius, Tata address it to College goers, sedan lovers, MPV lovers,...etc.  Please make a car like this Tata.

The Manza CS would be an instant hit if it looks same as the 1st Rendering pictures because

(i) It looks better than Indigo CS version,

(ii) Would be with same or more equipments as of Indigo Manza.

(iii) Will satisfy the consumer's desire to have a vehicle with a "boot"  at lesser cost than Manza.

The Indigo Manza Cs will look better with spoiler. When it is expected.