Horizon

Volvo (bus) fans?

Hi, are there any Volvo bus fans in our forum? I searched for Volvo related threads, but didn't come across any Volvo bus threads. Well, I am a fan of Volvo buses. I first traveled in a Volvo bus from Bangalore to Mumbai in 2004. Since then, I have been traveling quite frequently between Bangalore and Pune in Volvo buses. Recently, I traveled in a brand new Volvo 9400 multi axel bus. It was operated by the famous Mumbai-Pune Neeta Travels. The bus was in wonderful condition. Being a new bus, the suspension was excellent (Volvo uses air suspension in its buses). The journey was good. The 9400 is powered by a 6 cylinder, 7000cc engine which produces 290 hp at 2100 rpm. It uses a 6 forward, 1 reverse gearbox. I always think how much fun would it be driving one!

Note: The pic posted here is not that of the bus I traveled by.

volvob9r.jpg

Hi horizon. Even i love Volvo buses. I made several short point to point trips in our MTC volvo buses(AC),they are awesome with gr8 acceleration and refinement. Ofcourse their air suspension is smooth and plush and you feel absolutely no bumps or potholes through those amazing seats. I have also travelled in it from Vellore to Chennai(110km) in an impressive time of just 1hr15mins. Super comfy and stressless.

I am also admirers of Volvo buses because in in India this was the first most comfortable bus for long routes.

But the bus service providers such as Neeta etc... don't maintain their vehicles nicely or the drivers are not learned. I have seen that the drivers keep their window open to spit the paan effecting the overall coolness of the A/c.

It is surprising for non-performance of   TATA , Eicher, Ashok Leyland etc..'  and selling their featureless crude buses or I can say Public Transport Vehicles because before the launch of Volvo buses they were literally sleeping inspite of their having global exposures of buses like Volvos etc...

Our local manufacturers were just adding more profits and money into their bank accounts since 50 years by not offering buses like Volvo.

Even till today local manufacturers are struggling to be AT PAR with Volvo Buses and now they have one another competitor which Mercedes.

img_17542_mercedes_bus_667x500.jpg

Check out the Luxuria (Volvo/DC) Bus Between Chennai and Bangalore.

For more follow this You Tube link:

. It's prohibitively expensive at Rs1800/seat.

My advice is take the Shatabdi Express a/c Chair car. It's comfortable and economical at the same time.

Durango Dude2010-11-21 12:34:19

The aisle space is what i hate on all Volvo Buses. Impossible to move around with other passengers jostling for space while trying to lift their heavy bags into the overhead storage...

Regarding the interiors of these volvos i've seen uptil now, every other private Bus operator has messed up with the seat comfort what with adding fancy upholstery which end up poking your body in odd places !
vr.462010-11-21 15:24:33

When I was there in Belgaum I used to go frequently to Bangalore in B7R buses of Pai. Travels.These buses of Volvo are comfortable only for short journeys(upto 500kms) after which it becomes pretty uncomfortable.I simply Love these Volvo Buses.smiley4.gif

Volvo have truly revolutionized  the bus Industry in India.

Here are the Pics of Volvo 8400 Series buses plying in Kolkata. These are powered by BS 3 CRDI diesel engine, automatic gearbox, electronic power steering, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, abs with ebd, pioneer mp3 players,individual ac vents, rear camera (like in Tata Safari VX).

volvo2l.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0159bb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Volvo to enhance focus on Urban Mobility

With the success of the Volvo City Buses in Bangalore, Volvo is preparing to have a greater focus on providing urban mobility solutions to various cities of India, besides enhancing its presence and solutions for Bangalore city. At the Urban Mobility Exhibition & Seminar held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi during December 3-5, Volvo exhibited what it takes to be a complete partner to a city