AMG1

Pics and Report--Autocar Performance Show

Every time I see the EVO X I can feel its mean looks, performance and handling traits doind tantrums in my mind. Even at 50 lakhs, though costly I expect it to sell well atleast twice the numbers of the 370Z.

IMHO, Mitsubishi is missing a trick or two by not launching the Lancer in India. It has great dynamics,sporty interiors,good petrol and PD engines and more importantly EVO-esque looks all make up for good sales figure. Though I dont expect sales of 1000s, I can see it close to the Laura figues. I just dont understand Mitsubishi's plans. Also Pajero Sport should have been here mid 2010 according to ACI and other magazines. Why the delay?

Only if they break from HM they can do wonders.

@KarthickB: <quote>"Only if they break from HM they can do wonders."<unquote>. +1 to that. Hindustan Motors is a sick company and Mitsubishi is also not in the pink of fiscal health. Till both are together, there will be a drought of models. Why would any one buy a souped up Lancer for 50L, when you can get a E Class, 5 Series or A6 for the same money and also bask in the ambiance. 

It was indeed a good show. All the big names were there in full force. This was the second year I was driving on the Mahindra track. Roasted in the heat and got all muddy, but hey, that's what off-roading is all about, right? Loads of fun! Been three days since the show and I'm missing it.

T

Mitsubishi EVO X

This is the tenth incarnation of the legendary Mitsubishi Lancer Evo series. The front has some serious aggressive stance which Mitsubishi calls a shark nose which incorporates a huge air intake. It

Evo is the great star among those. Last week, we conducted a drag between evo9 and bmw m3(jeddah/ saudi).How awesome,the evo was smoked off the m3 with 3seconds difference at the ending.

-always the racer wins atlast-

-dinesh-