Mr. Spock

Scoop - Gen 2 swift in Delhi

Maruti should do this early before Etios Liva comes in. Also the Fabia, i20 and Polo are good competitors. Also can we expect some discounts on swift as the new one arrives ? (Very unlikely maruti)

looks bigger than the older version for sure, lets see how much costcutting does maruti do when it launches this one in India. I am sure we are getting the same 1.2 K series engine, that's not a problem actually but In terms of equipment i hope we get features like Bluetooth/USB interface as well as more equipment on the lower spec models. Maruti has competition already set with the likes of Upcoming Etios as well as Brio

A sensibly priced well appointed product which is already a hit should do well in the market. It doesn't need discounts to sell. Though bigger its 50 kgs lighter than the outgoing model, so the 1.2 engine must be enough, with probably vtvt treament like the Kappa2. All Maruti has to ensure is better build quality and plastics.

Nice catch there.

I am sure, it is very unlikely that Maruti starts giving discounts on the current generation Swift.The waiting period is still hovering around 2.5-3 months.Under these conditions, why the hell on Earth they would conk-off a single penny from the sticker price.

The new one should be better in terms of build-quality, plastic-quality and Ride department.

I think they would not discontinue the existing Swift, they would either reduce the price or let the Lxi/Ldi continue at lower prices & throw the new Swift with a little higher tag directly against i20 & Polo which are doing well in the market. For sure will be an instant hit, more customers going in for this will be the existing swift owners which will increase its sales even further.

20101203_063922_IMG00120-201012.jpg

The Front looks Really Good & Appreciable on Indian Enviornment.

Do note the A* like Front Fog Lamp Recess.

20101203_063753_IMG00116-201012.jpg

But Why these 165/80 tyres on this ZDi variant !!

Off course ZDi with Rear Defoggers' date=' Wash-Wipe, Rear Central Fog lamp, etc or they're having variant Shuffling this time now to make her more VFM. smiley37.gif

So, New Swift launch is very nearby?

Expected launch as per Maruti Dealers is by Jan end or Feb beginning2011

And I think this time Maruti Suzuki is coming with Hi-Speed Dyes & Suppliers for this new Swift to Churn out Maximum number of Swifts, otherwise they've to face her Waiting Periods extending beyond 6-8 months.smiley10.gif

dr_nishu2010-12-03 18:42:08

how come you know that this variant is ZDI?

20101203063922img001202.jpg

Look at its Intercooler' date=' encircled in the pic above, which is a characterstic part of Swift 1.3 DDiS diesel.

It can be petrol vehicle which is actually VXI with some added features.

Might be..

For that I've already presented my Speculation in the previous post, as;

Off course ZDi with Rear Defoggers' date=' Wash-Wipe, Rear Central Fog lamp, etc or they're having variant Shuffling this time now to make her more VFM. smiley37.gif[/quote']

next month's ACI will feature a first drive hopefully! dont miss it

You mean First Drive of India bound New Swift(Made in & for India Swift), na !

If yes, then its Really great news AMG.

You've really added great feeling of Anticipation in me & probably amongst other forum members too.

Can't Wait for so long AMG.  

cmon maruti' date=' be a sport and give us a powerful engine apart from the regular 1.2 k series. Also an automatic is a must.[/quote']

Maruti should also introduce ZDI with all goodies to compete better in market and give loaded cars like i20 Asta a stiff competition. I am sure, this model will boom further sales.