pranoyamin

Pipes used for fluid transfer in automoti

Can anyone tell me what are the different kinds of pipe used in cars for fluid transfer, gases transfer and why only metals are used for their manufacturing.

Thread moved.

Mod
BornFree2010-12-02 09:35:20

Not in every case I think. For some applications there are rubber hoses, some use plastic like nylons also and some are metals (for brake fluid). I want to know why metals are used for brake fluid transfer, and also for clutch line covers.

Note from Mod; Please use correct English & capital letters where required.
BornFree2010-12-02 11:11:26

So you see any future of these lines getting replaced by high end plastic materials, because I had read that there are some plastic materials, if they are used in manufacturing of pipes, they can certainly hold same and constant pressure as metals and hence can replace metals??

well, I would assume the basic one is Clutch, Brake and the Cooling system. In Turbocharged cars, there is an intercooler line for cooling turbo air. and of course, there is a heater line and an AC line. Apart from that, there might be some kind of fluid transmission for cars with a height adjustable suspension setup.