sujith3120

General motors in India--Failed strategies?

incase maruti and Honda get thier Diesel Engine for G Vitara and CRV the Captiva will beaten to hell!!!

regards' date='

Priya
[/quote']

Maruti's Grand Vitara has a 2.0 lit Diesel engine. Only CRV has been left out in the diesel race but it beats all other SUV's hands down by selling well. If they plonk in the 2.2 lit diesel I think it will become the most desirable SUV around, and looks very good too and is well equipped.

incase maruti and Honda get thier Diesel Engine for G Vitara and CRV the Captiva will beaten to hell!!!

regards' date='

Priya
[/quote']

Maruti's Grand Vitara has a 2.0 lit Diesel engine. Only CRV has been left out in the diesel race but it beats all other SUV's hands down by selling well. If they plonk in the 2.2 lit diesel I think it will become the most desirable SUV around, and looks very good too and is well equipped.

Well Grand Vitara will definately have an edge over the rest with a diesel engine as its priced well backed up by maruti's superb after sales service. According to me there will be a 1.9 lr 100hp Diesel engine for Vitara keeping in mind the overall cost involved and deliberately the keeping the price of the whole product at par with its petrol sibling. On the other hand Suzuki should plan to to introduce more Engine options like the 2.7 lr V6 190 bhp with an option of flappy paddle shift which they offer in the U.S market to keep some serious off roaders happy.

regards' date='

Priya
[/quote']

Yes exactly thanks for expanding my point ,

regards,

Prya 

Well Grand Vitara will definately have an edge over the rest with a diesel engine as its priced well backed up by maruti's superb after sales service. According to me there will be a 1.9 lr 100hp Diesel engine for Vitara keeping in mind the overall cost involved and deliberately the keeping the price of the whole product at par with its petrol sibling. On the other hand Suzuki should plan to to introduce more Engine options like the 2.7 lr V6 190 bhp with an option of flappy paddle shift which they offer in the U.S market to keep some serious off roaders happy.

GM has very goood Stratergy coming up for India but i only hope they are a success . the reason for Optra Magnum to be such a high hit coz there are no serious competitiors in its range , Soon they will launch the Captiva with the Diesel Engine and i think it will be better from the Fords Endev Diesel , but again no serious competitiots here as well , the present Grand Vitara and honda CRV is not having a diesel engne and i am sure if any of the 2 comes in diesel engine will spoil the show Captiva

till then

Cheerssmiley20.gif

GM has very goood Stratergy coming up for India but i only hope they are a success . the reason for Optra Magnum to be such a high hit coz there are no serious competitiors in its range

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Indeed there was! Something called Skoda Octavia.

and Laura. You can be absolutely sure that more lower priced variants of the Laura will surface in the coming months, finally leading to the withdrawal of the Octavia.

GM has very goood Stratergy coming up for India but i only hope they are a success . the reason for Optra Magnum to be such a high hit coz there are no serious competitiors in its range

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Yes the Octavia is a competitior to Magnum but the magnum is way ahead and refinement and Maintenence and Performance of Magnum jjust is so Awsome that it cannot be comapred with the Octavia

And as said earlier by many of the Members the Magnum is a better buy between the 2

The Skoda Laura at Octavis Price could give Optra magnum a stiff competition and also the New Elantra and Fiat linea

cheerssmiley20.gif

yes you are right Mndvishnu , the real competitiors to GM is yet to come for the Magnum and Captiva , but the UVA , Spark and aveo is  really struggling to selll in good numbers due to stiff competetion

regards,
priya

i feel that' date=' GM got wrong in the pricing front..
they have good cars, are feature rich, but doesnt click....
[/quote']

now what do you mean ???

They got in thier Aveo With a Pathetic Gear shift and some other Issues , the Uva has very dull interiors and priced above the Swift though it had the Excise duty Benifit , the Spark  dint really click because many people know it was a Daewoo Matiz in a new Form  and the pricing of Spark was target to Wagonr and Santro , but of course the Spark was a good buy when there was 45k rs discount.

The Chevy had introduced the FOrester ( must be 2 yrs back ) that was a Great Failure with outdated Features and interior

The Optra at the Begining was priced on head with the Corola but soon Realised it wasnt up to corola Quality and decreased the price and hence the reason for selling in Reasonable numbers

With the Launch of Optra Magnum Diesel the Chevy's had a good success and pricing was good too

The Tavera Failed in geting Private parties but sold in good numbers for lotza Taxi Guyz

Regards,

Priya

Chevrolet will make good ground in the coming year as they have learnt from their mistakes. Magnum will rule this segment for some time to come as Laura can't be priced near Magnum (Heck, they failed to price Octavia near Magnum). 

And yes, I dont want them to hire Sharukh Khan to sell their vehicles. It's outright stupid and it tells something about the mentality of the Indian consumers. Back in the days, Matiz was better than Santro in just about everything except the Daewoo Service.

They say, Soccer can never replace cricket in India, no matter how much better the sport is. Same goes for just about everything. It's very difficult to alter the mindset of the Indian consumers. Once they get stuck in, they will go all for it.