priyesh

car under 6 lacs

ok i admit that after reading the heading everyone say this question has been asked many times and to look for previous post. But then i think everyone has different taste and is looking for different things from car(some go for looks, some for milage, some for power, etc). I have been trying to go through many different website to compare different cars but I am still confuse.

what i am looking from a car it basically being feature rich. for looks i find almost all cars fine though my personal favorite would be fabia, but in the new fabia they have removed so many features(like climate control) that were earlier present so directly removing from my list.

Can someone please help me in this question that which car in one of the most feature packed car currently present in indian market. since i am talking about cars with more feature that means i can only look top version of all hatchback (not interested in base model saden car ). i am looking for a petrol car(as fully loaded diesel car would be out of reach for me), can stretch budget a bit like for i20 asta with avn which 6.3 lacs (6.3 would be my maximum stretch). i like to emphasize on safety features but i guess top model of all cars have all safety features so cant differentiate on that basis. milage, power, low running cost and handling , well like everyone else i would like to see them too. but it the end quesions ends upto which is most feature packed car present in market near 6 lacs.

sorry if it all sounds confusing.

thanks,

Priyesh

Agreed with Cyrus. The Punto 1.4 is a good deal. It has gr8 looks,power, low running cost and handling. But if u r not sure abt the Fiat aftersales and service. Try the new Tata Indica Vista90 which is fully loaded and ACI gave it 8/10 in its road test. Else wait for Maruti Swift2011.

Sorry for my many options but thats our small car market. Way too many options. But my opinion is to wait for Maruti Swift 2011(march2011).

Swift, Ritz, i10 would be my choices. i20 would be a little expensive, but wait for the VTVT update before you go for it. Best bet is a Swift ZXI which would satisfy all your needs and is extremely refined and a very good drive.

Durango Dude2010-12-13 08:18:28

you can also consider chevy beat LT(OPT) .Fully loaded with ABS, Airbags, Alloys,Music system etc. It will be under 5.25 delhi onroad with all accesories. Modern, good looks, good FE, 3 year maintainance free, After sales will also be cheaper and it is a head turner on indian roads.

@Priyesh;

Shortlisting a car as per its Equipment/features list, the i20 1.2 Asta(Option Pack) comes to be the most Top loaded, as it even comes with 6-Airbags, Sun-Roof,Auto-folding Outer Rear View Mirrors & Cooled Glove-Box In addition to the di-rigeur creature comforts like Automatic Climate Control, Steering Mounted Audio Controls, Rear Defogger, Wash-Wipe, Alloys & Rear AC-Vents(I'm not fully sure about this only).

Another Closest runner in this Equipment list comparo is Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi.

But both of these are soon to be Replaced with their Advanced versions very soon, like i20 will soon get kappa2 VTVT 1.2l petrol engine while Swift is due for its Next-Gen Replacement in Jan-Feb2011.

Rest all other Hatchbacks under 6-lacs INR are marred by Cost-Cutting Bug.

@Priyesh;

Shortlisting a car as per its Equipment/features list' date=' the i20 1.2 Asta(Option Pack) comes to be the most Top loaded, as it even comes with 6-Airbags, Sun-Roof,Auto-folding Outer Rear View Mirrors & Cooled Glove-Box In addition to the di-rigeur creature comforts like Automatic Climate Control, Steering Mounted Audio Controls, Rear Defogger, Wash-Wipe, Alloys & Rear AC-Vents(I'm not fully sure about this only).

Another Closest runner in this Equipment list comparo is Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi.

But both of these are soon to be Replaced with their Advanced versions very soon, like i20 will soon get kappa2 VTVT 1.2l petrol engine while Swift is due for its Next-Gen Replacement in Jan-Feb2011.

Rest all other Hatchbacks under 6-lacs INR are marred by Cost-Cutting Bug.
[/quote']

Hello,

I would fully agree with the equipments on offer on an i20. But, howcome swift name appears among the cars offering good level of equipment.

IMHO, swift is seriously under-equipped at the price it is being offered.

Many other hatches , priced below it or equivalent beats it hands-down by a

huge margin like Ford Figo, Chevy beat ,Punto, Fabia and Polo.

And I think, as far as quality is concerned, nobody can touch the built-quality of either the Fabia or Polo. Maruti Swift does-not stand even the quality of what Ford and Chevrolet offers, forget bettering the standards of VW and Skoda.

@rahulgupta

The only thing Swift does not offer is Bluetooth, and other small features like cooled glovebox and electric outside rearview mirror.

And how come Swift is behind Polo, Fabia and Figo? None of these cars offer ACC or steering controls for stereo.

Beat and Punto beat it in terms of features but what you get is questionable A.S.S in case of Punto and a poor engine in Beat.

If you are looking for an all round package its hard to beat the Swift still and that is why, when it is so close to being replaced, it is still selling 12000 a month atleast.

Best engine in class both in terms of power and economy, good A.S.S. good resale value, good feature list.

I would like to second Rahul.

Also, think Swift has much better quality than the Ford Figo.

I felt the Figo interior Plastics inferior to Swift.

Moreover, there are a few  reports on  rattling issues with Figo as well(Swift is not good either). Also, the black exterior plastics of Figo are  reported to change colour very early  as well as problem with rubber beedings getting cracks!

for me,there is no meaning(or very less) of the features like bluetooth etc etc...

but what I know is that i feel Ritz,swift and i-10 kappa as best cars meant to be owned(yes,ABS and EBD,airbags are a must for me,so in my views consider only top of the line versions)...

punto is a great handler(simply best) but I think tata aftersales for fiat are just worse...

i am looking to buy a new hatchback in january next year under 5.3 lakh. My requirements are:-
good looks, good comfort and high fuel efficiency. So what is the best hatch at this price?

Thread moved-Mod.
BornFree2010-12-21 07:33:02

smiley6.gif can't understand how i every time forget my dear i-10 kappa...just go and get one..its simply the best with its quick VTVT under the hood...

but remember tyres and horns are a compulsary upgrade for the car..

and if you dont want these upgrades then RITZ is for you..

@Priyesh: I dont understand u seem to be a ghost in this topic. Are u viewing our comments coz i cant see u voicing more info on ur specs and budget and wat brand entices you?

Anyways cuming to the topic:

1) I guess stick to the 2 gr8 hatchback producing brands are Maruti,Hyundai.

So stick to these brands if u want low running costs as quoted by u. Leave Fabia,Figo petrol,Punto and polo then.

2) If u want handling and power buy the new Swift which might get the K12 petrol with VTVT. If u r afraid of the waiting so long or abt the Swift's waiting period,

Then go for the new i10 Kappa2 or Ritz ZXi with Airbags and ABS which is a must in todays Modern world.

Thats the best verdict i can say of all the guys who have posted here. DOT

2) If u want handling and power buy the new Swift which might get the K12 petrol with VTVT. If u r afraid of the waiting so long or abt the Swift's waiting period' date='

posted here. DOT[/quote'] smiley36.gif WHOOPS,WHEN THIS HAPPENED...i have read that the swift has got 12K,instead of 1.2..that means 12000cc engine...its a lambo beater..

and VTVT,does it have a relation with swift???

i am looking to buy a new hatchback in january next year under 5.3 lakh. My requirements are:-
good looks' date=' good comfort and high fuel efficiency. So what is the best hatch at this price?

[/quote']

Go for Ritz VXi.

Its the best car for its price & is loaded with all the necessary features & Excellent engine.

Also Check out if its Slightly more loaded Limited Edition variant is available which came with Excellent Greenish blue colour & some Extra accessories over VXi like Rear Wash- Wipe, Blue-Black Upholstery, etc. 

Punto is definitely a good car, but still in some reviews are questions about it and again i will have to think about it A.S.S. but if any can i think of after i20 and swift, then it would be punto for sure :)

and somehow vista is not on list. thanks a lot for the advice.

Priyesh

Agreed with Cyrus. The Punto 1.4 is a good deal. It has gr8 looks' date='power, low running cost and handling. But if u r not sure abt the Fiat aftersales and service. Try the new Tata Indica Vista90 which is fully loaded and ACI gave it 8/10 in its road test. Else wait for Maruti Swift2011.

Sorry for my many options but thats our small car market. Way too many options. But my opinion is to wait for Maruti Swift 2011(march2011).[/quote']

thanks for the advice. i am still looking for news when new swift or i20 would be offered. and other thing i wonder is should i go i20 or i10 vtvt, if i have to buy in hurry. maybe i will just have a testdrive of all ;)

Swift' date=' Ritz, i10 would be my choices. i20 would be a little expensive, but wait for the VTVT update before you go for it. Best bet is a Swift ZXI which would satisfy all your needs and is extremely refined and a very good drive.

[/quote']

hi thanks for the advice. i am not considering beat. its really cute and good looking but something tells me to stay away for GM :P

you can also consider chevy beat LT(OPT) .Fully loaded with ABS' date=' Airbags, Alloys,Music system?etc.?It will be under 5.25 delhi onroad with all accesories. Modern, good looks, good FE, 3 year maintainance free, After sales will also be cheaper and it is?a head turner on indian?roads.

[/quote']