dineshzma116

GPS app for cruising the city using mobiles?

Dudes, i have purchased the blackberry storm2 9520 high end phone for decreasing my lappy"s pressure.I am eager to use the "GPS NAVIGATING" app during the cruise.My phone doesnt have gps application. I need to dowload the one which is best for our india. Ofcourse iam not familiar with indian gps-systems. Which mobile app helps us to Navigate throughout our india? I need any best and steady application. Except the "ovi" "maps" apps(usual nokian apps).

I need a fully faciliated apps including turn by turn, voice nav, etc.

Please suggest me any good application that works fine in india. I often do cruise with my lancer and endeavour.

Plz do research before guiding me., ofcourse i will purchase after getting the best answer.

My mobile is: BB Storm2

-always the racer wins atlast- 

' date=',, My phone doesnt have gps application. ...

I need a fully faciliated apps including turn by turn, voice nav, etc....
[/quote']

The best solution for you is MapMyIndia's Navigator series.

I have been using their Vx140, a mid-range product which meets all my needs.

Vx240 and Zx150 are better and with more features (which I do not need).

You may visit their website and select a perfectly suitable model depending upon your exact needs and taste.  Visit www.mapmyindia.com

I strongly suggest you to ignore your mobile based navigation and opt for this.

All the best.

cyrus and ramesh. I agree with your answers, mapmyindia is a best navigator and can use to be fitted with any car. But unfortunately i cannot install the external GPS device in my lancer car which is absolutely having no space for the mounting. I know iam at the loser side. My blackberry maps too not working in india, im disappointed.

Dudes' date=' i have purchased the blackberry storm2 9520 high end phone for decreasing my lappy"s pressure.I am eager to use the?"GPS NAVIGATING"?app during the cruise.My phone doesnt have gps application.?I need to dowload the one which is best for our?india. Ofcourse iam not familiar with indian gps-systems. Which mobile app helps us?to Navigate throughout our india? I need any best and steady application.?[/quote']

I'm using GPS system of My Samsung Galaxy 3 Handset(with Android 2.1 OS) on the Move & It provides one of the best Preloaded GPS maps(of even Towns & villages), Software & Accuracy(upto 1 metres noticed yet). but No Voice Assist though. dr_nishu2010-12-27 06:26:30

cyrus and ramesh. I agree with your answers' date=' mapmyindia is a best navigator and can use to be fitted with any car. But unfortunately i cannot install the external GPS device in my lancer car which is absolutely having no space for the mounting. I know iam at the loser side. My blackberry maps too not working in india, im disappointed. [/quote']

Hey Why do you need to mount an external GPS device? Doesn't your phone have an internal GPS receiver? I am using Map My India without an external device

Happynews for the Android users. Now you can use the Free Gmaps with Voice guidance/ Turn-by-Turn guidance/ Street view/etc...

Hope,oneday all the other mobiles will be getting the same chance sooner.

NOTE: Currently available only for the ANDROID OS.

Hello vignesh. Use gmaps which is really updated and usefull than anything else. They offer, moving gps pointer with voice guidance(*for android), speed sensor, etc. So, no need to pay anymore to the external vendor. Happy cruising!

@ aero do you know any such apps which are compatible with the i OS as ia m using an iphone!!

"I have installed Map my india (Sygic maps) On my iPhone and it works like charm "

is this app free???

Just make sure all the downloaded files r in same folder,

Then make sure u have win rar installed, now u jus need to open the any of the downloaded file and click on extract, it will automatically combine the four files