rki2007

Figo Lxi/Exi or Beat PS/LS

Hi to all forum members

I have plan to buy an hatchback this december.The figo (petrol) and beat is almost in the same price territory.I am very much confused in selecting one.I am basically interested in the basic version of either of the cars in order for the ICE upgrade to follow on later.

My main concerns are:

1) Peppiness and easy drivability and fast moving in the city driving.

2) Absolutely not bothered about highway driving because my Manza will serve the purpose.

3) Good mileage and easy maintenance.

4) Reasonalble resale value.

Thanks in advance.

I think if resale value is going to be one of your main concerns, then better to take from either Maruti or Hyndai.

In comparison, Figo might have slightly high resale value than Beat.

By the way, why don't you give a shot for Maruti WagonR VXi and Hyundai 1.1 Era? They are pretty much in the same price point and will fetch you low running cost, peace of mind and good resale value.

Hi to all forum members

My main concerns are:

1) Peppiness and easy drivability and fast moving in the city driving.

2) Absolutely not bothered about highway driving because my Manza will serve the purpose.

3) Good mileage and easy maintenance.

4) Reasonalble resale value.

Thanks in advance.

all your points have the answer in them.....SURELY FIGO(IGNORE THE MAINTAINANCE FRONT).

in terms of resale valuesmiley19.gifnone of them having it in good side,hoping fir figo to have a good resale value in near future...smiley32.gif

1) Peppiness and easy drivability and fast moving in the city driving.- It should be Beat
2) Absolutely not bothered about highway driving because my Manza will serve the purpose.So' date=' It can be Beat
3) Good mileage and easy maintenance.It should be Beat
4) Reasonalble resale value. It should be Beat(there will low resale for petrol figo)
[/quote']

When Liva is out, Figo petrol will be history. Its engine is dull compared to new beat( with new 2nd gear pgm)
creativebala2010-12-20 06:54:59

Both cars have their own positives. Beat has great interiors and probably has the quicker engine of the two. Figo on the other hand is probably better built and is much more spacious. Also Beat wins the looks battle.

Depending on what you wrote above, I would go for the Beat if not many people are going to be travelling in the car.

Do see if i10 is within your budget. Its all around a much better option.

If these are the cars you are considering, I think you can have a look at the Vista 90 should be peppy (but not Fuel effiicient) and since you have a Tata already it will be easy to maintain, too. Or even give the Ritz LXI a look; it's, peppy, fuel efficient, sumptous and ticks all the right boxes and has a good discount this December. 

Do see if i10 is within your budget. Its all around a much better option.

oh yeah,how i forgot it????smiley19.gif

why dont you try out the new i-10 kappa2 from hyundai,its really fantastic car,I have driven it and i'd say,you cannot find anything better than it at the price....or you may also consider the ritz...

but seriously if you love to blow others away at the red lights,then i-10 kappa is for you(dont try to blow any car bigger than swift,or any SUV bigger than safari)...

For an economical petrol hatch I would choose Beat of the two as it is slightly more peppier than the Figo (but unpeppier to i10 kappa) . Also from you usage the slimmer width will be better for city drive.

Both cars won't have that good resale values as compared to hyundai , Maruti or even Tata.

Beat LT model (red or white colour) any day with custom fitted alloys, reason being futuristic design, great VFM, less ASS cost, 3 year free service (though you have to pay 13k extra for that, but it's worth it), and second of all few of my friends have this car and they are highly satisfied. 

I think Beat LS/LT should be the best choice for you. If you can extend your budget than LT optional pack(on road mumbai price 5.3lac) with alloys, ABS, Airbags will be the best VFM product available in indian market.Keeping in view its futuristic design, FE, Lots of passenger space( though the boot is smaller).

Hi,

Given your requirements, both Beat and Figo fit the bill.

1.) Beat has a slightly peppier engine of the two.

2.) Both are equal in this regard.

3.) With the chevrolet's 3 yr. maintenance plan, Beat could prove to be cheap. Ford is also giving an extended warranty plan and parts are cheap, so it would also be light on pocket.

4.) Trust me on this. GM's resale dwindles badly. We owned one and maintained fantastically. It was an Opel corsa, and the value it fetched is something better not mentioned. Ford Figo will definitely give a higher residual value.     

Go for Beat for City usage,

As its having Tailor suited Dimensions, Engine Performance, Creature Comforts & Visibilty needed for City usage.

& is more Fuel Efficient too than Figo.

Another option is to look at Maruti Suzuki A-Star,

probably the best option for City usage if Rear Seat Space isn't an Essential requirement.
dr_nishu2010-12-24 19:41:15

I can think of two cars. Either the i10 or the Ritz. Beat could have been a good package if it had a bit more boot and GM services have taken a hit now. Moreover it did not sell too well. So resale value could be less.

My main concerns are:1) Peppiness and easy drivability and fast moving in the city driving.2) Absolutely not bothered about highway driving because my Manza will serve the purpose.3) Good mileage and easy maintenance.4) Reasonalble resale value.Thanks in advance.

For such requirements, forget the Figo and Beat. Look at the i10 and Ritz. They suit your preferences to the s. Being a owner of an i10, and having booked another today, I would say, go in for the i10 with closed eyes. The ritz is an equally great option though.