Mr. Spock

Scared for My life- Delhi Road Rage

Today an incident happened that shook me. this incident happened in front of more than 100 vehicles and in broad daylight close to cantonment in Delhi.

It was  around 1:45 pm in the afternoon and I had just stoped my vehicle in middle lane as the lights were red and green light was there for traffic going left with ample space.Suddenly a person in a white Hyundai(DL 1CXXXX) pulls over besides me(left side) and starts abusing me and even threatening me as I  stopped my car for signal in middle lane and blocked his way infact he was the one who was in wrong lane.I was very frightened for my life due to its tone of his voice but controlled my nerves.My question is that shall I file an FIR or leave the matter as it is. I am perplexed and this incident sent  shivers down my spinesmiley11.gif

Well all I can say is that I have seen road rage with physical hitting in front of my car in broad daylight at CSTM signal . Here a taxiwala and a zen owner went physical and drove for a km and again hit each other in front of the traffic behind .

Even the Taxi union could not have saved that taxi wala as everyone saw  that it was the taxi's fault as he started abusing the Zen people came out and beat him like hell .

In your case may be the Santro wala might have been fired or might have had a stress attack . I my opinion let it go away and remember next time this kind of thing happen just say 'sorry' even if its not your mistake , the other guy's temper will be down by 50% by only that word then deal the situation.

@rssh - what a sound advice You have given.I don't what drives people so crazy.This road rage I read only in newspaper but being a victim of it is what made me write this topic.

Also, someone told me it is an excuse for stealing vehicles as you follow them into some lonely place and they would steal vehicle as you get out the vehicle

Nuts i would say , I am sure if you would have stepped out of the your car with rage he would have fled away. Unless you don't show them your evil side , they'll blame it on you .

A Barking dog never bites

@Spock Sorry to hear what happened. I dont think you have to worry. It was probably just an angry soul who took out his frustration on you. Where exactly did it happen?

Its just something you have to live with. Especially in Delhi where the rowdiness touches an extreme high.

Bf's suggestion is the safest and most practical. If you can take the high road than nothing like it. Except for the cases when the other person tries to take advantage thinking you are scared. Then you will have to stand up and do whatever it takes.

I recommend

Avoid confrentation at all costs in secluded places and especially when there are more than 1 or 2 people in the other car.

Avoid involving the police unless neccessary since 99% of them are corrupt and will try to mooch money from both parties.

I would like to say only One thing in Hindi, Mr.Spock,

"Jo hogya so hogya ab, aur jo ho sakta tha vo mouke(at that site) pe hi ho sakta tha".

Leave that matter now,

However if he've physically assaulted on you or to your car, then file a Report, Otherwise nothing is going to happen now.

So, Be Alert from the Next time to tackle that situation at the Spot but don't remain Angry or Anxious about the Road guys till then.smiley1.gif

Good luck & Happy Motoring Ahead.
dr_nishu2010-12-22 16:51:26

Dude, if they abuse you then you abuse back! dont let them bully you. if it not your fault then speak up man, dont wussy out. These things are very common in all cities in india. Specially mumbai.

If you start getting bullied now then you will be bullied all your life. This is not about the road, it about yourself in general. Learn to man up.

@asethi919- I have been in Delhi almost my entire life baring few years(2004-2009). But this sort rowdiness happening in heart of city near Army checkpost in Baba Kharak Singh Marg[NH 8]( the Army referral Hospital is just meters away) is appalling.

I control My emotions because you never Know when it goes out of control and causes damage beyond Your control. Its a different matter if Your loved ones being mistreated.

Sometimes a thought just comes into mind to take a legal recluse just take out excess of adrenaline out of the body.

@sarabjeet - a barking dog bites in Delhi thats why it is always safe to avoid them. Most of these people Drink during day and are heavily intoxicated( not alcohol but their mindset) so they are not in senses what they are doing and they never repent so it is best to avoid them.

@@dr nishu - I never went my anger on anybody for this road rage or any sort of similar thing because I know I am punishing myself  by getting frustrated

@pranab- I don't agree on that because things have turned ugly now days and besides these are not ordinary people but a mixture of agents of organised crime and people who are mentally sick who ought to be treated by Police and court and psychiatrist.

Anyways thanks all for Your advice.

Have myself experienced this. Once we were stopped at the red signal, and space in front of us was not wide enough for the City. Suddenly a person(Wagon R owner) comes to us and starts shouting that we are blocking the traffic and asking us gaadi challani aati hai? We just said that space in front is not wide enough for us and closed our windshields and when in a minute the green signal came back and we went away. As if us moving even if we could have would have saved him time.

Just follow a policy of ignoring them unless they really do anything. Most of the people only know how to bark.

These kind of things happens here too. Here except for some important signals, people just jump it. I used to switch off my vehicle as you did when all other ***** jumps signal. Vehicle behinds me Honks 'n sometime abuse even when its red but I don't care. In such sitution, I increase the volume of music and show off my coolness, you too try this.

We need not fear for following signals, as sarab said, Barking dog....

Be always COOL on road. Period.

Today an incident happened that shook me. this incident happened in front of more than 100 vehicles and in broad daylight close to cantonment in Delhi.

It was  around 1:45 pm in the afternoon and I had just stoped my vehicle in middle lane as the lights were red and green light was there for traffic going left with ample space.Suddenly a person in a white Hyundai(DL 1CXXXX) pulls over besides me(left side) and starts abusing me and even threatening me as I  stopped my car for signal in middle lane and blocked his way infact he was the one who was in wrong lane.I was very frightened for my life due to its tone of his voice but controlled my nerves.My question is that shall I file an FIR or leave the matter as it is. I am perplexed and this incident sent  shivers down my spinesmiley11.gif

smiley7.gifits really disgusting,see mr.spock,there is no use of filing an FIR,in fact the cops will try to get some bribe from you by promising to catch the person,the they will catch the person and take some bribe from him.and this is what is done.

I being the son of a highways contractorand transporter have a lot of trips to delhi,most of them being late night ones and i believe in having a weapon,and thats the only reason i got my weapon license made on my 18th b day.and if you feel unsafe on roads,then i'd recommend you to get one weapon(a lac or 2 for your mental peace).But take care,weapon needs more protection from your side then it gives you.

@asethi919- I have been in Delhi almost my entire life baring few years(2004-2009). But this sort rowdiness happening in heart of city near Army checkpost in Baba Kharak Singh Marg[NH 8]( the Army referral Hospital is just meters away) is appalling.

I control My emotions because you never Know when it goes out of control and causes damage beyond Your control. Its a different matter if Your loved ones being mistreated.

Sometimes a thought just comes into mind to take a legal recluse just take out excess of adrenaline out of the body.

@sarabjeet - a barking dog bites in Delhi thats why it is always safe to avoid them. Most of these people Drink during day and are heavily intoxicated( not alcohol but their mindset) so they are not in senses what they are doing and they never repent so it is best to avoid them.

@@dr nishu - I never went my anger on anybody for this road rage or any sort of similar thing because I know I am punishing myself  by getting frustrated

@pranab- I don't agree on that because things have turned ugly now days and besides these are not ordinary people but a mixture of agents of organised crime and people who are mentally sick who ought to be treated by Police and court and psychiatrist.

Anyways thanks all for Your advice.

again same advice,A WEAPON A DAY,KEEPS THOSE BITING DOGS AWAYsmiley36.gif

my experience:last month when i was returning from jaipur,My chauffeur was driving the car(we took innova),near the moti bagh area suddenly i felt a jerk.

then what i saw were two guys coming down to my driver,took him out and gave him 4-5 tight slaps(one more problem with innova,they thought him as a taxi driver).I just got out of the car,took out my revolver and asked him to stop,firstly he abused,then he saw what was in my hand.

I  went to the gyt,gave him a very tight slap and asked him to leave.....result:The guys left with their mouths shut,see the result.

@driver - regarding this police query I posted it was just the excess of Adrenaline in my blood streamsmiley36.gif.I know how police, court behaves and what their motives are - So as far as possible I try to avoid it.

Regarding carrying, a weapon I feel sometimes Defence is far prudent than showing Strength.Moreover Doctors beaten in hospital , in such cases weapons are of no use.

Take care and drive safe.

Mr Spock. Just ignore these "idoits" on the road.  I hope you have seen the latest CEAT tyre ads in tv.Be kool and calm. Because no matter how much you  try to explain them , these "*****" wont learn, so why increase your anger and thereby your bloodpressure !!!! Take care and drive safely.

Even in mumbai, bikers don't understand the limitations of 4wheel driver. keep on blowing horn and try to overtake from both the sides even on the narrow flyovers where only half space is operational and boards clearly say that bikes and auto not allowed. They first scrach your car and then abuse you. I always see the bikers and auto rickshaw are the biggest nuisance on the road.

Even in mumbai' date=' bikers don't understand the limitations of 4wheel driver. keep on blowing horn and try to overtake from both the sides even on the narrow flyovers where only half space is operational and boards clearly say that bikes and auto not allowed. They first scrach your car and then abuse you. I always see the bikers and auto rickshaw are the biggest nuisance on the road.[/quote']

smiley3.gif there's always a difference between a biker who respects other traffic and  who does not and car drivers who probably do the same or not. Not all bikers are rash and what ever sedate uncleji's describe them as.

Its wise to ignore the incident unless there is some physical harm that needs filing of an FIR.

There are many such psycho cases on the roads and we need not spoil our well being and happiness for the sake of such nuts.

After all, as they say that if you try and fiddle with flowing dirty water you get yourself dirty. So its best to ignore and forget about it.

Had he caused physical harm to you or damage to your car the FIR option would have been OK.

Road rage hmmm, I'm the first person to get involved. I always get pissed by Bangalore's brainless drivers, most of the time I control my temper, but then I end up making signs at them from the passenger, or honk (from the passenger seat, lol). I'm lucky, cuz,one has to think more than thrice, before he/she dare tries getting at me and my dad, tall and well built as we are. So, it seldom gets close to physical. And if it ever does, I'll be on the winning side, and the police are my friends. If I were you, I would have scolded him like hell. But again, you are in Delhi, the road-rage capital. My heart goes out for your's. Such situations are really painful. In such a situation, DO NOT look at the protagonist. Turn up your Radio volume with your windows up, and act like you're deaf. Be prepared. Train yourself in basic self defense, to prevent bad situations in eventualities.arkboypunk12010-12-25 12:33:41

?there's always a difference between a biker who respects other traffic and? who does not and car drivers who probably do the same or not. Not all bikers are rash and what ever sedate uncleji's describe them as.
Though i beg to differ, but i made this statement only for those bikers, who show attitude on the roads.In no way i meant that all 4wheel drivers believe in traffic rules.

@driver - regarding this police query I posted it was just the excess of Adrenaline in my blood streamsmiley36.gif.I know how police' date=' court behaves and what their motives are - So as far as possible I try to avoid it.

Regarding carrying, a weapon I feel sometimes Defence is far prudent than showing Strength.Moreover Doctors beaten in hospital , in such cases weapons are of no use.

Take care and drive safe.

[/quote']smiley32.gifI AGREE FRIEND...but somethings are good for us,even if they are empty or of ni use...something like a show business.