Mr. Spock

Problem with my cars

I am facing following problems in both my vehicles-

A- star - 1.steering wheel Feels heavy and slightly vague despite wheel alignment and Balancing.Also on turning the steering wheel on a stationary ground  there is a noise( metallic - similar to old worn out bearings)

2.There is change in intensity  of interior lights when blower speed is increased or beam is switched on

Swift -   1.sometimes swift doesn't start on first crank requires second crank to start.Should I ask himto check fuel pump and O2 sensor

2.Also heater on passenger half doesn't heat that well compared to Right side . According to SA blower is directed to driver side  so less intensity on passenger side

What could be the problem because I will be sending the vehicle to MASS so I want to Know what to look for ?

Steering problem - check tyre pressure, also how old is the vehicle?

Lights - this happens in most cars nothing to worry about, you can get the battery checked if you think the change in intensity is too much.

Starting problem- get spark plugs and cable checked, also injectors may need cleaning.

Heating - there should not be any difference because in swift the air outlet is common hence the air which is blown out on both side is from same source unlike some high end cars.

@ kushal - the A- star is 15 months old since purchase and 17 months since manufacture.

The swift is 9 months old.I forgot to mention the Fuel Tankwas cleaned during first service since then Iam having this starting problem .Shall

I heard Swift ZXi which has climate control has niggling problems like this.Heating is less in Passenger side compared to Driver's side

heavy steering-

2 chances, 1 can be power steering fluid leak or low level, Or can have internal wear and tear of steering component. Faced the same problem in my Alto and found untimely wear of rack and pinnion setup.

weakening lamps--

check battery and try to start the car with most lights and electricals off.

delay ignition--

spark plugs require cleaning. Change spark plugs to NGK if they are still of Champion brand. If 8-10 thousand km is already covered then replace spark plugs. Switch to platinum if possible.

Should not be any injector trouble so soon. Yes, also check ignition wiring.

sb-alto2010-12-25 15:05:37

@sb-alto -The steering of A- star on turning left side makes krrr sound. Also when stationary steering wheel feels like unassisted and makes a worn out bush sound. Shall I ask them to look at EPS.The car has run just 6000kms mostly on butter smooth roads

Regarding swift - Shall I ask them to look at self starter also?

Thanks

Seems like EPS trouble. Also there can be some untimely wear. Get it checked.

For the swift, first get plugs and wiring. Second start is mostly related to plugs. If problem remains get starter motor checked.

I have given the vehicle to MASS today braving this terrible polluted Delhi weather where construction never stops. I found MASS never to accept there is any problem in vehicle - weird?They always come with silly excuses and try to promote some useless products.lets see what materializes