Gurkha

The greatest truck built.

Looks good. Is it to be used in battle' date=' or in rescue ops in a=inaccessible areas, or what?[/quote']

Unimog

Due to their off-road capabilities, Unimogs can be found in jungles, mountains and deserts as military vehicles, fire fighters, expedition campers, and even in competitions like truck trials and Dakar Rallye racing. Within civilization, mainly in Western Europe, they are commonly used as snowplows, municipal equipment carriers, agricultural implements, construction equipment and road-rail vehicles

Looks great indeed.  It should really be called the greatest off-roader rather than a truck, I think.  I have always wondered about the ground clearance of 4WDs, as their axles are actually a limitation to their clearance, unless they have enormously big tyres.  The use of portal gears and flexible frames solve the problem on Unimogs and its virtually unstoppable off-road. 

Jitz

Winning a rally doesn't necessarily mean its a great truck, Mercedes and Toyota doesn't participate in Dakar. The last time a G Wagen or Toyota won was the 80s.The current domination in truck category is by the excellent Russian Kamaz. The Unimog has no equivalent as the chassis is designed to flex 17 degrees. MAN makes a very good off road truck as well and our military Shaktiman had portal axles, was multi fuel capable and had diff locks in front and rear.

I think for but the glasshouse, everything defies the norms of car design, and it still looks awesome!  This is one of the smaller versions of the Unimog, I guess, sort of a "sport" version. 

Jitz