AMG1

Narain back in F1

Its lovely to hear the news that Narain is back in F1.I never liked Force India due to absence of any Indian Driver and I stopped watching F1 after Narain's exited formula 1.So I am excited again, maybe see him Singapore GP.

Thats great news. Now we have 2 represenatives in F1. A team bearing our name and a race being held in India. None of this existed till about 2 years ago. Amazing!

Also, I expect NK to feature better than Chandok. Mr.Mallya would have to eat his words about N.K. when that finally happens.

smiley36.gif i my honest opinion Narain shouldn't return back to F1 fact is fact ..he will finish dead last or will crash this is what will happen 100% sure he will not make it in top 10 in any race especially Indian gp .Why do you guys consider this great news as if he has done a good job in formula 1 before.

@Abhi Wrong. The reason for Narain's lack of success in his last trip was lack of F1 experience and due to the limitations of the Jordan car. Also, the very next year the Jordan team was taken over and renamed Midlands. The new management asked NK to raise 11.7 million USD to secure his seat and the failure of that resulted in his leaving the team.

The very next year he tested for Williams and performed at par with their second driver Nico Rosberg. Nico now is one of the top performers in F1.

Narain is India's formost hope for F1(atleast for now). Ahead of Chandok in my opinion.

This is all about money. HRT dont care about any performance. They barely make it to the grid. They give seats to anybody ready to pay them irrespective of performance.

Chandhok's performance considering was OK till he was dropped for someone who was willing to pay more money to drive.

I see no point in coming back into a car which is at least 3 sec a lap slower. I agree it is all about sponsorship.

I am sure Bernie and co will go all out to get drivers from India (and China) on the grid. Gets more eyeballs!

sgiitk2011-01-07 08:47:50

I see it as inevitable ,he always wanted to be back on F1 grid any given day .

But I think this year he secured a 100% race seat unlike Chandok who was removed at half season .

@Sgiitk Why not shot a mail to HRT asking them to quit F1 , I guess you only want to see the Ferrari ,Williams , Mclaren ,Renault etc etc.

Even REDBULL was a team which wasn't competitive (they bought Jaguar) but now see people envy their Buiness or say success .  The essense on a F1 driver is to drive the car 100% on the track in 100% races and not just fight for championship.