sgiitk

Maruti to cut Dzire to size!

The Idea of cutting down the Swift dzire is not because of the price advantage or something, but to cut down the duty on their exports where a hefty amount should be paid for longer cars on export. I read somewhere it would be also looking like a extended hatchback! smiley18.gif

dzire.jpg

Since New SWIFT is expected any time and possibly the Dezire may also get facelift and the old Dezire will be chopped off  and will be offered as Dezire CS to make it more economical .

Just as Tata did with Indigo the same way Maruti may do with Dezire.

Also it seems Maruti is preparing itself to compete more effectively with Logan facelift and Logan CS , Indigo CS.

@DD. Thanks for liking the topic header! I am glad that MS is not sleeping with competition coming in on the fast lane. I guess they are worried about the fellow Japs (countrymen) as well as the rumoured Hyundai i10 update.

One thing MS will have a problem with, is the diesel engine. Since they have bought the technology on a near outright sale basis, do they have the skills to keep updating it, or will the next FIAT/Tata punch lay them out cold? Either you update continuously or risk oblivion,

I think that is where the name VW will come into the picture. The have established technology relationship and this falls right in the middle of that. Also if we see currently, reviews say the MS tuning on the MJD is better than Fiat, so may be they can devellop it.

And by the time it gets outdated, they would have studied VW engines to replace them.

--- from sgiitk

1. No names please.

2. I forgot about VW as the big daddy!

sgiitk2011-01-08 10:31:12

I would keep VW engines out of Maruti, all the hard earned reputation of maruti would go down the drain. VW engines are quite sensitive and in tier 2-3 cities Maruti might have some issues. 

dzire.jpgSince New SWIFT is expected any time and possibly the Dezire may also get facelift and the old Dezire will be chopped off? and will be offered as Dezire CS to make it more economical . Just as Tata did with Indigo the same way Maruti may do with Dezire. Also it seems Maruti is preparing itself to compete more effectively with Logan facelift and Logan CS ' date=' Indigo CS. ?

[/quote']

This model would be longer than 4 meters as the new 2011 swift is 3.85 M. The boot will have to look as a merry cosmetic modification and will have a much smaller boot compared to the current one because MSIL would have to adjust within 0.15 meters. Another attempt will be to keep the rear glass completely vertical ala old Volvo design or our very own Ritz to make the boot look prominent.

Pretty intelligent move by maruti.

The Dzire is still the largest selling entry level sedan by far. By decreasing its size, MS will be reducing its boot space. Thats not good news for me at least. But by doing so MS will keep the price of their next gen Dzire to the same or even lesser than the present model, so it will definitely make a killing in the sales department.