Anand Sivaraj

Hyundai Verna - Fluidic

the new fluidic sculpture design theme by hyundai is really an eye catcher, all their new models upwards of this RB have it now mostly, even the i10's facelift features some design bits. I m sure if hyundai launches this and then the Sonata, it will be tough for Kizashi and Cruze

Was talking to a client working for HMIL, Chennai, this car is scheduled for a March 2011 launch (tentative). The Present Verna to be phased out then and this is going carry the Verna brand name.Durango Dude2011-01-11 06:04:57

But Verna here in India just got a Face Lift(Transform) and What about the old age Accent, Hyundai should replace this with accent. After a Transform its too early to get phased out for Verna. Also i read somewhere that this new RB of Solaris is developed from i20 platform DD any idea??

@Anand Sivaraj: This is what the person working in Hyundai Motors said, he said the Transform wasn't doing so well so was to be phased out to make way for the above model; Accent is to continue. I think ACI will have to do some digging to get to the truth.

The car looks stupendous. I fancy the raising waistline and the lip spoiler. The boomerang style fog lamps are also impressive. I reckon the rear has got kinda resemblance to Vauxhall Insignia. Any news on the engine options? I pray Hyundai retains the VGT.

This is more likely to be New Accent but it is to be seen whether Hyundai keeps the same name or will launch it as new  "  i___" and will keep continue selling existing Accent to compete with VFM Sedan's such as Dzire, Manza, Logan etc...

This is more likely to be New Accent but it is to be seen whether Hyundai keeps the same name or will launch it as new  "  i___" and will keep continue selling existing Accent to compete with VFM Sedan's such as Dzire' date=' Manza, Logan etc...

[/quote']

I liked very much of this new car look. I think Hyundai did a great Job.

In my opinoion if they named as "i30", it will be huge success like i20.

I know that i30 is already available in different look. But that one will not suit for indian market.

Ford also having different looks in Fiesta For indina market & UK market.

The front grill is soo Korean and the over all design is not good for a small sedan.That powerful diesel engine with automatic gears is a strong reason to buy this but the last verna was also powerful but power alone does not make a good car.VW vento looks great in person though it has an understated design,City is in a different league when it comes to design.The diesel auto will be priced close to Cruze,in an image conscious society that will be hard to sell.Resale value of last Verna is really pathetic,this car will sell hell of a lot initially but will settle down to current verna numbers after six months or so.     

See, Hyundai is on a roll all over the world. The fluidistic sculpture design which has become Hyundai's design language has got great attention all over the world.The design is not Korean ,the fluidistic sculpture language was developed by the Hyundai design studio in Long Beach (not sure),California. The offsprings of the studio includes the new Sonata/i45,Elantra/Avante,Tucson ,Verna/Accent.

Hyundai simply can't keep up with demand for Sonata in USA since sales have doubled since the introduction of the new design.

Hyundai Solaris (Verna) is a shrunken Avante,the design looks good on the bigger car but not on this one.Hyundai may be selling well in 'us' but that doesn't make me love them.I like European designs mostly. 

1.4 diesel are sure Autocar,if it is true then it is a let down and 4 speed auto from the last gen car is also not good news

Though this is a scoop since it comes from the factory this could be an official leak to make a hype for the car with the fish mouth grill.

Most of the auto forms are now play grounds for PR guys from the auto industry.The so called independent form team bhp have a lot of PR guys planting news and some trying to make negative remarks on rival companies.

Great scoop!

Automatic in both petrol & diesel is a highlight.

Interiors are rather looking bland in comparison to the stylish outer.

Hyundai must be in a hurry to lower the impact of SX4 D!

I like the interiors. They carry a rather simplistic tone and the bland dash board shall liven up with the music system/bluetooth in place.

Question: Is it just me or does the last image look doesn't seem quite right when compared to rest of the car? Is it the same car? Looks more like the i10 or the new small car Hyundai si working on?

Awesome.. Simply Awesome this car is.

With;

-Simple yet Good looking Interiors(with Most Innovative bit being Rear Inside Door handle),

-Diesel Engine(which seems to be a Straight-lift off from i20 CRDi, might be taken for the sake of FE Interests. Don't get depressed guys as probably It might come with VGT instead of i20's FGT Turbocharger to Churn out 100+ horses) &

-Superb Exterior looks(which are really Irresestible, enough for which I can take another Couple of lakhs extra loan to buy it). 

This War of Sedans is going to take the Indian market with Storm.