Anand Sivaraj

Hyundai Verna - Fluidic

New Verna(Petrol)           VW Vento(Petrol)           Honda City(i-VTEC)

1.4L(Base) -6.99 lacs.              -----NA------                  1.5 E-MT -8.15 lacs
1.6L(Base) -7.64.              1.6 TL(base)-6.99 lacs.    1.5 S-MT -8.64 lacs.
1.6L SX     -8.24                         -----NA------                     ----NA----          
1.6L SX O -8.94                 1.6 Highline -8.24 lacs.      1.5 V-MT -9.09lacs. 
1.6L SX O AT-9. 64           1.6 HL-AT -9.23lacs.           1.5 V-AT -9.82lacs.

New Verna CRDi            VW Vento(Diesel)              MS SX4(1.3 D)  
1.4L (Base) -8.09 lacs.             -----NA-----                    VDi-7.80 lacs.
1.6L (Base) -8.74            1.6 TDi Trendline-7.99lacs.   ----NA----
1.6L SX      -9.34                     -----NA-----                          ----NA----
1.6L SX O  -10.04            1.6 TDi Highline-8.23 lacs.    ZDi-8.80 lacs.   
1.6L SX O AT -10.74.             -----NA-----                          ----NA----    

(Prices ex-showroom, Delhi)

Does this Hyundai deserves this Price tag, which is at much Premium over Quality rich Volkswagen & Honda brands or its the Turn-around era for Hyundai -'New Thinking New Possibilities'.

dr_nishu2011-05-11 14:26:22

Indeed an excellent looking car it is mated to Super Refined Petrol & Diesel Powerplants.

Seems that this car has the potential to Storm out market, which is visisble from Hyundai sales targets for this year -45000 units too, which is very much optimistic for a car costing Rs.7-lakh+ & that's too in an 7.5 months.

Will be interesting to watch..

Anyways, its small price-vis-price comparo from myside;

New Verna(Petrol)           VW Vento(Petrol)           Honda City(i-VTEC)

1.4L(Base) -6.99 lacs.              -----NA------                  1.5 E-MT -8.15 lacs
1.6L(Base) -7.64.              1.6 TL(base)-6.99 lacs.    1.5 S-MT -8.64 lacs.
1.6L SX     -8.24                         -----NA------                     ----NA----          
1.6L SX O -8.94                 1.6 Highline -8.24 lacs.      1.5 V-MT -9.09lacs. 
1.6L SX O AT-9. 64           1.6 HL-AT -9.23lacs.           1.5 V-AT -9.82lacs.

New Verna CRDi            VW Vento(Diesel)              MS SX4(1.3 D)  
1.4L (Base) -8.09 lacs.             -----NA-----                    VDi-7.80 lacs.
1.6L (Base) -8.74            1.6 TDi Trendline-7.99lacs.   ----NA----
1.6L SX      -9.34                     -----NA-----                          ----NA----
1.6L SX O  -10.04            1.6 TDi Highline-8.23 lacs.    ZDi-8.80 lacs.   
1.6L SX O AT -10.74.             -----NA-----                          ----NA----    

(Prices ex-showroom, Delhi)

Does this Hyundai deserves this Price tag, which is at much Premium over Quality rich Volkswagen & Honda brands or its the Turn-around era for Hyundai -'New Thinking New Possibilities'.

A test drive is what holds me back from writing anything about its performance. Hyundai is known for its good diesel engines. The outgoing Verna's diesel engine was an example of Hyundai's expertise. Although 1.4, but I am sure it has a lot of power packed under the hood,

@sgiitk - Why decrease the font size to microscopic size? Kindly exercise Mod privileges with wisdom - increase the size to a more eye-friendly level.driftpunk2011-05-11 16:07:01

From the price range, engine selection, Exterior and interior looks and features it seems Hyundai wants to take full advantage of the vacuum which is created in Petrol Sedan market and to break monopoly of Chevrolet Cruze.

Hyundai is offering all possible option which a consumer is looking for, this is really great and now Hyundai have Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher to fight with competition very effectivly and to have respactable share in different segments.

(1) Engine Options :  1.4 & 1.6L Engine

(2) Fuel Selection : Petrol & Diesel

(3) Transmission Selection : Manual  & Automatic. 

Best of luck Hyundai. One of the best launch till date. smiley20.gif

@sgiitk - Why decrease the font size to microscopic size? Kindly exercise Mod privileges with wisdom - increase the size to a more eye-friendly level.

I looks perfectly fine on my laptop as well as the desktop. Am requesting bf to check out on his system.

I think with the kit on offer, specifications and looks, Hyundai has priced it reasonably. It offers all wheel disc's which neither Honda nor VW offers; 6 airbags is a segment first. It has a whole gamut of trim levels and engine options, to choose from to suit every pocket. I would have liked the top end model's to get a GPS which hasn't happened, it was pointed out at launch, also.

Seen this New Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDi version yesterday.

Its was looking simply Awesome, much better looking in Real than in pics.

Exteriors(including alloys) & Interiors all looked fine & noneless than All-New Honda City.

Even brand new VW Vento TDi Trendline was standing besides it looked Old-designed incomparison to this car.

Hyundai Fluidic design is really rocking guys, I'm sure this time ANHC is over & tough time ahead for VW Vento & upcoming New Fiesta too, due to its Superb looks, Interiors & 127PS CRDi powerplant.

After having driven the 1.6lt Verna diesel I would say that the performance is more than you bargained for and Hyundai is establishing itself  as a pro-diesel player in the India market which everyone loves (thanks to Rs  68 petrol). 

I personally think that the space inside is a bit more than the i20 hatchback but then the boot is more spacious than the hatchback and there are plenty of gadget and gizmoes available in different trim . But I think the Verna is priced atleast 60k more expensive than it ought to be (premium funda). Honda has feared Hyundai earlier and now the fluidic Verna has brilliant design to Honda arrow shot form and they have started to charge a bit premium .

The reason Verna will be hit are the following

1. The interior Quality is much more better than the ANHC (I felt that way especially look at the dashboard material ).

2. The beige and space on offer looks good and the placement of brown on the dashboard and reflecting surface make it look brilliant.

3. Hyundai diesel already have a good preception in Indian market and the 1.6lt will only increase it .

4. There are plenty of varients to choose from to fit all pockets.

5. The maintainance costs of Hyundai is lesser than Honda and VW

Comparing to its competitors

1. The Verna looks more striking than the city (IMHO) .It has diesel and is filled with lots of goodies.

2. The Ford fiesta which is still to be launched will have compromised rear leg room due to hatchback links , there engine is more drivable but not a blast to drive. The Fiesta can eat the Verna on pricing though

3. The Vento is a trun off by many buyer due to excessive waiting period ,but the car offers great fit and finish as well as good diesel mill but it lacks features .

4. Sx4 is a good competitor due to MS produce pricing and ASS but the car doesn't feel as premium as the others.

5. To the Linea the Verna outguns it every were except the pricing and ride .

PS- I am not bashing any brand but these are my expectations from the Verna .

Recently launched Verna met with the incredable response. Company got bookings of over 5000 cars after launch. now there will be tough fight among city,vento,sx4 and new verna

Hi did anyone of you drive it as yet? wats the price in kerala/ karnataka for the diesel car...any idea?

If its in the range of 8-10,  I may sell off the dzire go for it. Heard its out with a 1.3L CRDi unit, and also 1.6L. Any idea on the price guys?

39 Verna Transform are available for sale in chennai at the used car market. Why is this much unexpected sadness from the owners? Hyundai should not play again and again with the name Transform-RB-etc. Manufacturer should testrun the re-launching versions atleast for the 1year period with neat progressive result. Ofcourse, still verna has a craze among the peoples.

Hyundai verna - fluidic is great car in the market these days.car that redefines style,luxury and power.offering sleek good looks,advanced technology, safety feature and much more.The interiors have luxurious elements and textures.Verna is fuel-efficient car, which gives full driving entertainment. I love this car.

New Verna clocks 20,000+ bookings in Month over its launch:

A call to the local dealer gives a rough about the situation. The 1.6 MT diesel is a hot seller. Customers come in large numbers to dealerships wanting a

I will wait for monthly figures.These are just fake figures,similar figures were given for sh*tios but monthly figures are just average.

Everyone who has a little knowledge about cars know that it is not the segments best in diesel or petrol,but most people who buy cars in India are not very knowledgeable or their needs are different from auto enthusiasts.

There is still room for Vento and City not all are fans of hyundai.