Itsme

Post purchase regrets

Yes guys , a weird topic but any real regrets after buying a Dream car that didnt turn out to be so. May be an impulsive buy or things not going as expected. Waiting for sharable experiences. It will help novice new car buyers particularly hatchback and premium hatchback segment ones.

well, I would like to share my expereince with i10 Asta . I was very much impressed with specs and features given on the web site. Purchased it without second though. Even I didnt test drive it. During the first drive ( from show room to home ), i obersved that, the seatbel warning sign was not glowing ( i was not wearing the seatbelt ). After parking I opened the door to check the ignition key reminder ..that also not working .. i was disappointed.. it must be a fault..i guessed. I went to the service centre ( 4.8 L is quite a lot of money for me ). I had a hot arguement with the service advice advisor, who finally convinced me (by taking the hyundai co.guy in con call.) that these features are not provided in this top end version. To my surprise the fature seat belt warning sign  is provided in i10 sports ,a lower end model. So my advice to you is

Test drive and Check all the fatures before buying, else you may end up in such "surprises"

@krish probably too many models in the market and hence multiple versions cause confusion to the seller as well the buyer. Test driving is essential it means.

Hey guys i have only one advice to future car buyers. Read car magazines like Autocarindia,Overdrive,BSMotoring regularly,visit their websites daily if possible,discuss in their forums. Ask questions to Editors and other Auto experts. Take test drive of cars, study about other cars in that segment ,compare the different versions of the car then zero down to your dream car. Dont throw away your hard earned money.

@Krish:Your choice was too good. i10 is second best selling car in India. It is well known for ease of driving, responsive and fuel efficient Kappa motor.You should proud of your car. The seat belt warning sensors and Key reminders are not that much important than Good engine and the car which required less maintenance.