tejasmehta990

Mahindra Mini Xylo - U203

Mini Xylo is soon to be expected in the showrooms of M&M.

mini-xylo-hatch-647-mini-xylo-hatch.jpg

There is a lot expectation from Mini Xylo and it is also expected that the shortcomings of Xylo MPV will be rectified in the Mini-Xylo.

I feel that Mini Xylo will have engine with lots of torque and best in class space for 5 big people and luggage space.

The ride of Mini Xylo would be more stiff.

The Mini-Xylo may have redesigned dashboard especially the AC vents in the middle. Also the exterior especially the front will have a better look than the existing Xylo MPV.

There would be more electronics such as bluetooth connectivity and improved audio system.

I feel that the size of tires will be kept same to give the Mini Xylo a Mini SUV look.

What you feel and expect from Mini-Xylo ??

If whatever you have quoted above are correct then I cant expect nothing more from a car of this class.

I Expect:

Class leading 1.5 mHawk engine, Space and Comfort

Good Ride and A.S.S

Better Front Grille

Better Interiors(atleast decent quality and esp the aircon vent)

I dont Expect:

Good Handling

Some iffy lower dash quality bits

Short boot space

Mini-Xylo would be bigger than Premier Rio but shorter than the CR-V so we can expect very big luggage space.

Regarding the engine displacement I feel M&M will keep the same engine as of the existing Xylo and that will be real beauty of this car.

Interior colour scheme of the existing Xylo should not be repeated again. 

If suspension set-up kept soft as of the existing Xylo the fun factor will be lost.

Mini-Xylo-Sideview.jpg

Mini-Xylo-Front.jpg498114d1297160654-aci-scoop-mahindra-tes

The upcoming mini Xylo, aka U203 spotted with

* 1.5 ltr, 3 cyl engine

* facelift includes toned down front end
* tailgate mounted spare wheel
* price - 5 lakhs

* expected launch mar 2011

Expect something like this Xylo+mini.jpg

BornFree2011-02-08 13:39:40

Good move from M&M and they should price it in between 5-7 Lakhs.We can name it as 'poor man's SUV'.Even it can pull customers who prefer Tall boy cars. But i always feels that Xylo do not have driving comfort of it's big brother Scorpio.Looking forward to see the interiors of Mini Xylo.

With this vehicle era of Mini-SUV will start in India.

The tires size is same as Xylo so as the height. So it will be called Mini-SUV but dimension wise it will be big. Just like size of Honda CR-V. 

Premier did introduced Rio but was not with any fanfare and till date I have seen only one on the road and possibly it was a test drive vehicle. .

Another Scoop shot of Mahindra Xylo 5-seater captured recently, Revealing more of its Body Details;

mahindraxylomini.jpg

-Tail-lamps moved slightly more upwards & now are at the level of Windshield.

-Rear Bumper is more Smarter now & with Reversing lamps integrated into it.

-Tyre width now seems to be around 175 or 185mm with Smaller Wheel size(probably around 14-inches as visible in Tail-Gate mounted Spare Wheel).
dr_nishu2011-02-14 18:55:26

Mahindra Mini-Xylo spied again:

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/2011-Mahindra-Xylo-Mini-SpyShot-1.jpg' target="_blank">2011-Mahindra-Xylo-Mini-SpyShot-1.jpg2011-Mahindra-Xylo-Mini-SpyShot-3.jpg2011-Mahindra-Xylo-Mini-SpyShot-4.jpg

The 2011 Mahindra Mini Xylo MPV has just been scooped traveling atop a car trailer bound for someplace testing. Very surprisingly, Mahindra has chosen to transport the highly awaited Mini Xylo MPV instead of just driving the test mule down, making the Mini Xylo MPV a sitting duck to get snapped by the ace snappers at VelocitiMag. -ICB

Guys, have you noticed something, I guess the above picture may have been photo shopped because if you refer back to the scoop pics of the 5 Seater Xylo, you can see that the rear tail lights of the new variant has moved up and now its at the same level as that of the rear widscreen and the reverse lights have been incorporated into the bumper, But in the scoop picture by Velocity Mag, the Xylo 5 Seater has the same set of tail lights as seen in the current variant. How can this be possible!!! Its a fake picture.They just took a snap of a normal Mahindra Xylo and reduced its length using PS.

The vehicle looks good. If the vehicle has ironed out niggles in the previous XYLO and also the 3-pot engine is silent and refined then this could be my pick as I am to buy a new vehicle in the next 4-5 months.

But I am not satisfied with the service of Mahindra as the appointment are not easy to get and also too frequent service intervals despite no oil change is irking.

Its a very good move by Mahindra by launching this mini Xylo.The main competitor will be Premier Rio and at 5- 7 lakhs it will be a good alternative to many hatchbacks.

Its really a move by Mahindra, it will rise the heat in its segment. But I will prefer to go for some hatch or a sedan because it dosent have any major advantage over hatches and sedans. Even its some feature can be a pain.

Cons

Wried looks.

Bad fuel efficiency.

Cant be an off roader.

Bad handling (As mentioned above in post by KarthickB)

Pros

Comfortable for long chauffeur driving.

Its can only be able to beat sedans and hatches in chauffeur driving nothing else.

Mahindra & Mahindra begins trial production of mini-Xylo

MUMBAI: Small is beautiful, seems to be the new mantra for India's largest utility vehicle manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra. M&M is all set to launch a mini version of its popular car -- Xylo. Sources tell ET NOW that the trial production has already begun. The car will be launched in the next two months and is likely to be rolled out of company's new plant at Chakan.

A diesel mini-Xylo is expected to be priced around Rs 5 lakh, making it an attractive option for customers buying premium hatchbacks like Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai's i20 or mid-segment sedans like Tata Motors Indigo. Experts also believe that a more fuel efficient diesel sports utility vehicle (SUV) will be much in demand at a time when petrol price hikes are burning a hole in a car owner's pocket. When contacted, M&M declined to comment. M&M's stock on the Bombay Stock Exchange was down 0.10 per cent at Rs 672.45 from previous close.

Speaking on the potential of such a mini-SUV, Automotive Dealers Association of Maharashtra chairman Sandeep Kumar Bafna said, "It's the package which will be of the essence - for example if a company can come out with a mini SUV wherein the price is Rs 5 lakh to Rs 7 lakh and it is a diesel product with excellent gearbox, engine and performance. For customers, a mini SUV is something that a person can use as an office going car as well as a weekend car."

Currently most 5-seater SUVs like Suzuki's Vitara are priced above Rs 18 lakhs, which many cannot afford. Even Xylo priced around Rs 8 lakhs is out of reach for many customers. A mini-Xylo could become a volume driver for M&M especially when the Xylo faces stiff competition from the popular Toyota Innova in that segment.

Commenting on the sales outlook for this year, M&M's automotive division CEO Rajesh Jejurikar said, "We have a strong portfolio of brands and we have a lot of products in the pipeline to be launched over the next 12 to 18 months. We are sure we will have a good year."

-ET.dr_nishu2011-05-17 19:40:04

Mini Xylo spied again: Now in Ooty

BharatAutos.com have grabbed close-up photographs the compact Xylo undergoing test runs in Ooty, Tamil Nadu.

TJOECl.jpg

MxTOWl.jpg

Vehicles like the Xylo pickup and W201 have been tested for high altitude performance in the popular hill station that attracts plenty of summer-dodging vacationers. Pilot production of the compact Xylo has started according to one reports which go on to add that the market introduction is less than 8 weeks away.

The mini Xylo will have a similar front-end, but http://indianautosblog.com/2011/02/spied-mahindra-xylo-mini' target="_blank">Xylo