Sign in to follow this  
amey_4

Thunder Bird Bike Issues

I have a 2005 TB non CDI version thuder bird.

I have taking it for long ride since then...but off lately the bike vibrates a lot at 70+ speeds. Long rides have no longer a pleasure now and cant throttle my bike on open long roads due the vibrations.

2 changes i have made in the bike - rear tyre is 3:25 tyre and carb is of pulsar 150 cc cause my original carb was stolen and as usual enfield spares arent available.

Can anyone help me resolving this issue?

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-01-12 14:04:47

When did you see this problem ? Was this just after carb change ? If so, then it might be because of the carb. I guess you can search at local shops for parts. Even used parts are available at many areas. Join an enfield club if you are not into one. You might get sources.

Tyre change should not create vibrations as such. It might ruin ride quality. I never heard of anyone using a pulsar carb. I will check

a carb mixes right proportions of air and fuel before injecting it into the engine cylinders...in order to generate power and you got a carb form a 150cc bike to a 350cc bike?!?!?! Thats pretty much stupid because it will work according to pulsar not bullet.

amey@ Get it back to the default stock position. Your problem should be solved. Sounds yuck when read about pulsar"s carb at the monster"s heart. Also checkout the engine bed and bolts. And be sure the wheels are properly installed without any minor alignment.

These are enough.