AMG1

Suzuki Kizashi Roadtest

Could Suzuki Kizashi get VW power?

My take: How about the Passat's 2L CRDI?

Exactly same though came to my mind while reading the Headline of your post DD.

A 2.0litre, 140PS Common-Rail Diesel Luxury-Sporty SuperSedan at 16-17lacs with Nation-wide full-fledged Service Support ! Simply Wow it would be.. smiley32.gif

Hope this thought Strikes SUZUKI Senior Officials too ASAP, It'll definitely bear much more Fruits for SUZUKI in other developing markets & for MSIL & even justifies the Premium & funds for their Premium Outlets too. 

I believe that Kizashi will be in between 12L to 15L range and will compete with Honda City as well as Toyota Altis.

If the Kizashi is priced above 15L than the sales figures may be affected.

Yes from outside it look smaller than expected but if we see video of the Test Drive of Kizashi it looks very big from inside.

Some of the designs are like SX4 such as the Front Grill, head lights etc...

In my views,this may be a good step from Suzuki,because in new made for Kizashi showrooms,the potential customers can experience their Kizashi even before buying it and as we may be knowing that everyone wants to feel like a premium customer if they are going to buy a premium car,so I believe that this marketing trick must be a hit.

In the pics those are displayed on facebook,the red Avante is looking better than Kizashi itself..smiley36.gifTSiVipul2011-02-02 05:38:11

If a customer buy this premium luxury saloon overlooking it's price tag, the main challenge for MSIL would be it's ASS because we(Indians) are still not mentally ready to accept that maruti cars are expensive to maintain, at least I am not.  

Kizashi seems rightly priced considering the timing and Maruti's possible future plans and brand building and not because of the size.

Keeping high price will help Maruti to earn extra buck and it will also help to control the sales figures until they prepare themselves with facilities for 

(1) Sales - New Showrooms , dealerships , educating existing sales team and dealers and employing new sales team for Kizashi and future high-end vehicles.

(2) Service - building-up inventory of parts and components required for Kizashi

because it seems that Maruti Suzuki is giving very special treatment to this particular car and not leaving it just like GRAND VITARA.

Kizashi's high price will help Maruti to boost its brand image and this will help Maruti to launch New Swift at a premium price also.

@Ishnab1

In my views the company is not responsible for the expense of maintainance,because if you are going to buy a premium car then weather it may be a Maruti or a Honda you will have to pay the high(real) price of the parts,and if you want low cost ownership then its better not to look at the premium cars.Weather a Maruti,Hyundai,Toyota or any other manufacturer because spares of the bigger cars are always bigger at price point.

i wouldn't count on Marutis ASS for Kazashi. I remember incidence

1) My Zen D , some engine components had to be sourced from Delhi and i took almost 2 weeks for the parts to arive

2) Grand Vitara : my friend had to wait for 3 weeks for the radiator assemble to arrive.

Marutis ASS centre do fine with swifts and zens and all the hot selling car. But the cars which do not do well or are expensive, their services take time.

@price : close to 17 ex-showroom Mumbai. Maruti go the knock down way and get some local components. Price it around 15 and you will have a winner.

This seems too much.

I think I get the idea now. Maruti just wanted to bring Kizashi as a premium option and doesn't care about it's sales one bit. It was never intended to be volume play, hence they went CBU route to preserve their time. So this was just a brand building exercise. I was really disappointed. At best Kizashi's interiors can be compared with Corolla. Best of luck to MSIL. This can go the GRAND "KHATARA" way again for them.

Achilles hill of Kizashi would be:

1. It does not have a diesel engine. Even in a luxury segment, people prefer oil burners over petrol engines.

2. Price is in higher side considering it is a Suzuki product- meaning little snob value.

However Suzuki may take heart into the fact Tata has launched Aria in similar price range. But there is some differences vis-a-vis Aria & Kizashi:

1.Kizashi does not offer diesel option.

2. Aria surely lacking snob value but it offers tremendous road presence due to its size. In India people relate status symbol of the vehicle with its size. Bada hai to behtar hai.

3.There was a definite market for an urbane cross over. However Kizashi, as per its marketing strategy has to create a niche market for itself: market for a sporty & luxury saloon below BMW's.

I will be highly surprised if Kizashi could catch up Aria in sale figures.

Heard, Kizashi has launched. I would prefer it only for its BHP. Nothing else, well i can get the same if i tune the Laura or superb. I dont think the car will meet the succesive level. I remember Maruthi"s Baleno here, which was launched at the wrong time/country/people. Because we Indians are always different than a Japanese std or European std either.

There is a big gap left between SX4 (approx 6.50L to 8.50L) and Kizashi (Approx 16.50L to 17.50L) in the sedan segment of Maruti Suzuki so there is lot of scope remaining for both the cars to play within that price range by introducing different versions (Diesel, CNG etc....)

Since gap between SX4 and Kizashi is too big we can expect another sedan from Maruti Suzuki so that the way Maruti have ruled the hatchback segment they can rule sedan segment also with DZIRE , SX4, ????? , Kizashi. 

Any inside news from Maruti Suzuki's one more sedan ? smiley25.gif

Possibly Suzuki Forenza , just making a guess . (looks very old and looking similar to Chevrolet Optra but with some cosmetic changes and diesel engine this car may perform like Skoda Octavia)

suzuki-forenza-2005_5591.jpg