sarabjeet

Liva's the way out for Huge demand for Etios

This is really surprising. Toyota should know that a buyer is buying in this segment because he wants an upgrade from a hatch. This segment has those buyers who are looking specifically for a boot. They really think they can divert customers from Swift and i20 for a car that does not look very good, and has been untested. This ploy will almost surely fail.

Isn't it going to strike the Toyota's brand image hard??

I too have read the same article in the TOI's business column,and was just shocked.Toyotas must know that,if any person is buying the Etios that means he/she doesn't want a hatch else Swift,i20,Polo are available at the same price.

It is officially called Etios Liva - so can also be considered as a variant of the Etios. What I fail to understand that the 1.2 engine is as yet unveiled, so how do they expect to get the new car on the road. Also, are they outsourcing the manufacturing, otherwise where is the capacity? Furthermore, is the after sales support geared up to handle the large numbers expected?

This what happens when a brand like Toyota or VW dip a segment low (read) bring out VFM products. Everyone wants to own one and even first time car buyers are able to afford these products so the demand becomes too huge to manage as the company's estimate is relatively conservative. Lets see what happens when the Honda Brio gets launched, it will also garner huge bookings.

Frankly, no cars worth waiting for more than a year after booking unless it's a Roller/Bentley category where you can make frequent visits to 'customize' your ride to your tastes. Most of the guys would either shift allegiance to either a Dzire or SX 4 depending on the depth's of their pockets.

Shame on toyota. why people will go for hatch when their mind  set for sedan. Toyota should have launched both the cars so then people can make choice. or they should have stop booking for etios like they have done for fortuner. I think worlds mighty car maker didnt expects indians will book such amount of cars. Shame on toyota. cant they increase production??

Well said DD. people should cancel the booking of etios and shift to other brands.
Sandy2011-01-16 04:21:51

It may be understandable that if Etios Liva was launched first and to cope up with booking and delivery period Toyota would offered Etios Sedan as an option but a consumer just to own a Toyota vehicle may not shift their decision from Etios sedan to Etios Liva.

But the booking figures and delivery period shows that Toyota has hit the right chord with Etios Sedan and it is a great success and start of a VFM product by a Premium car manufacturer.

Brand image + Right price + Good Product = Toyota Etios.

Possibly Toyota want to bring in Etios Liva before Honda Brio so that they can cover-up as much market share as they can in the Premium Hatchback segment.

They want to gain an upper hand in the market considering Brio is also getting ready for launch.

But its really dumb for the company to offer a hatch when the booking is for a sedan. Come on, I think it will work vice-versa but definitely not this way.

Anyway toyota ASS will now be flooded with lotsa Livas.

Brand 'Toyota'-ETIOS Storm on the minds of People will fade away earlier by early launch of Etios Liva & hence by its Huge Waiting Queues.

& That will be a Gain for other companies & will set a Smooth Pathway for Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai & Ford which are already on the Hold to launch their Super hatchback's upgraded versions like Swift 2011, i20 2011 & Verve(Fiesta Sedan).
dr_nishu2011-01-17 19:27:09

maybe Toyota is trying a Maruti' date=' even they shifted some of their customers to Ritz who where waiting for Swift

[/quote']

Both Swift and Ritz were almost same in terms of specs pricing and segments. That is a very different thing. What would have been was if maruti would have given offer to Dzire buyers to shift to Swift