Aakash77

Tata Aria or Scorpio AT 4WD

Go for scorpio. Its tried and tested vehicle and many satisfied customers. Still if you want to consider Aria then I would suggest you to wait for its ownership experience.

IMHO, Aria is a better SUV considering Scorpio's handing, finishing, space management and its feature list.  

Other SUV worth considering is Captiva.

Not to forget the Premiumness attached to Aria, even though Scorpio is proven, it shouts Politician or rough 'n tough guy everywhere.
creativebala2011-01-16 08:48:42

The best 4 WD SUV is undoubtedly the Toyota Fortuner. Its better than the rest by miles. I have driven it in coorg and it was a class apart.

Next is the Ford endeavour. Go for the 4wd. Comes with AT. Excellent. But turning radius is much more than fortuner. Also you can bargain for a good discount on the ford.

next is the captiva. Its nothing but a soft off-roader.

Aria: its much better than the Scorpio, but never ever commit the blunder of buying a FRESH product that too from Tatas. Never. Its like buying a white elephant.

Or you can simply go and buy the scorpio 4wd, but avoid the one with AT.

@creative bala and Gego@bones

He has clearly stated that his budget is 15 lakhs which I think is the maximum and the Fortuner and the Captiva cost around 22lakhs on road which is 7 lakhs off the mark of his budget.

Instead of these two, Go for base 2.4l 4x2 Endeavour or Skoda Yeti.

They're really Awesome SUVs to Drive & Performs their duty much better than Expected.

Avoid Scorpio AT, as its very much prone to not-to-easy Repairable Niggles.
dr_nishu2011-01-17 20:19:28

I test drive Aria today. There is no doubt that it is better looking than Innova, but has some issues also. The aircons are placed two low and the air flow is straight to the hands. Center locking switch is missing. Music system is not upto the standard. And the plus points are: great driving view and sitting position. Good pickup. Reasonable turning radius. Capable of handling rough road with ease.

But still I am not able to finalize between scorpio and Aria. Mind says Scorpio and Heart says Aria.

Instead of these two' date=' Go for base 2.4l 4x2 Endeavour or Skoda Yeti.

They're really Awesome SUVs to Drive & Performs their duty much better than Expected.

Avoid Scorpio AT, as its very much prone to not-to-easy Repairable Niggles.
[/quote']

Agree with Nishu. Yeti is the best bet. Skoda service is a worry, still Yeti is worth the trouble. Endeavour has got choppy ride quality

I'd say wait for the new Safari... it would be a better product. Else you may also get a good bargain on the current Safari. Its proven, almost as good a road presence like the Scorpio, and not a mere people mover. With the new model coming in, you might get a good discount.

Scorpio AT have had transmission failures' date=' and replacement is pains taking slow. Go for Aria or if u don't mind a used car you can get many 6 months-1 year old SUVs

[/quote']

Would corroborate sarabjit's view. Very true, the AT in respect of the Scorpio's top variant imported from Australia has a lot of teething troubles.It is not worth the extra money paid.Moreover the spares are not that easily available with the MASC's and as a result the SUV is grounded for weeks sometimes.

If at all you are to buy a Scorpio go for the top variant without the AT.