Sandy

Bad News - hike in petrol prices

On one hand fuel prices are rising, on the other hand unplanned cities other getting crowded badly hampering FE of vehicle. Govt. is squeezing us from both sides.

Also its a myth that diesel prices are subsidized. Cost of production of petrol & diesel are less that selling price of diesel. Its the tax which jacked up the price.

So it costs upwards of 200*** crores to keep the oil companies of bharat sarkar from sinking? I can't imagine what diesel will cost once clean diesel regulations are introduced in India.

Another hike greatsmiley7.gif.

Time to shift to Diesel and electric cars or better still walk to office/school as even Public transport will cost more if Diesel is hiked in coming weeks.

@BF

i bet once eletric cars become popular we might get electricity at 7-8 rs per unit. I am already paying that much after crossing the limit of 1000 units a month smiley26.gif

This will boost Diesel car sales. I think people who are panning to buy a diesel car should do it asap. Govt may impose additional tax on diesel cars as increasing Diesel price is not a possible solution.

With the power cut situation and restricted range of 'electrics' I'd bet on 'fossil' till something more practical arrives. Even the voltage is rather low in summer. I think it will take that much longer for a recharge of the electric in such a situation. 

Wuhuu !! Its already 43 degree Celsius here in Noida, and to add up to that the fuel just got mightier.

5 Rs/L is a deep hole in the pocket of aam-aadmi. Direct impact on the elections! :)

Rs.5 was unexpected, and IOC is threatening more. Two obvious conclusions:

1. Free pricing is a myth.

2. Cartelization laws do not apply to PSUs.

sgiitk2011-05-15 13:35:39

If Indian's have their way they'd also start 'hoarding' oil like they 'hoard' bullion. How about commodity trading on Brent crude: one way of realizing that 3 pointed star or the Blue propeller in your portico.

The free pricing for petrol, left to the oil companies to decide is playing havoc, it appears.The proposal to raise petrol prices mooted by the oil PSU's was pending with the petroleum ministry and kept in abeyance till the elections. Last weekend it seems this was okayed as per news reports.

The diesel, LPG and kerosene prices are still in the realm of the Union Cabinet and hence the GOM will have to meet and perhaps that meeting is scheduled early next week.

I heard the BPCL Finance honcho on TV this morning claiming that another Rs.5 may be expected in petrol.As per him petrol pricing breaks even at $102/bbl (I guess he is referring to Brent), while Kerosene breaks even at $25!

I'm leaving this forum' date='I'm going to join some cycle forum,that's the future of transportation in India .

[/quote']

Superb one doctor.

I still ride my topgear occasionally. Now I need to start using it more often.

@mods, we should have a section on bicycles next to car and motorcycle.

@acians, lets prepare our cycle stories as we do for our cars soon.

Also, today the rupee has breached the informal 'Lakshman rekha' of Rs.45 to a $.

Indeed a very efficient government. They could have reduced the taxation, and then the pain would have been less.

sgiitk2011-05-16 10:13:16

After the present hike in petrol prices, ATF has become cheaper than petrol! As per a news in "Business Standard" ATF costs Rs 60.56/litre whereas petrol costs Rs 63.37 per litre in Delhi.

After the present hike in petrol prices' date=' ATF has become cheaper than petrol! As per a news in "Business Standard" ATF costs Rs 60.56/litre whereas petrol costs Rs 63.37 per litre in Delhi.[/quote']

Well ATF is a fancy name for Kerosene! So it should be cheaper. Soon it will be 60.56 v 68.37!