Sandy

Will Indigo CS be a good choice?

considering the space, price etc. is new Indigo eCS Diesel will be a good option? i know it doesnt have that fiat engine. what about tata's after sales service? how about fuel efficiency? is the vehicle VFM

Moreover Indigo cs has costly spares' date=' like all tata cars.  [/quote']

Whaaat !!

Expensive Spares of a Tata car & that's even over the Ford ! Can't believe..

Indigo e-CS uses CR4 engine instead of the Fiat one & its heavily localised & is based on the Tata tech only. Its Considerably cheaper, Noisier & Fuel efficient(23.3kmpl on Paper) than Fiat MjD engine.

The Only fact with the Indigo e-CS is that,'Its the only Sedan at the Hatchback price',

Rest No Driving Pleasure, No Reliability, No Industry Standard Quality, No Peace of Mind factor. 

dr_nishu2011-01-17 20:12:16

All said and done I would suggest you go for a Swift LDi/VDi if you are keen on a diesel and a smaller boot is no constrain for you.It still has some waiting time of around 2 months.

If you need a greater luggage space Figo is a better option. It is definitely a good car but Ford resale values have been dismal and so have been resale values of any Tata car. This is where the Swift scores and is also high up on the performance, fuel economy  and owner satisfaction stakes.

Its better to stay away from Tata.

Your query is presumably about a diesel engine staying idle for 2/3 days.That has never been a problem even with old generation diesels (have examples of many old Mahindra jeeps I possessed) and with the CRDi technology its still better now.Thats no problem at all.

anjan_c20072011-01-19 15:10:52

Hi. I don't recommend you go in for a new indigo. Considering depreciation, it makes more sense buying used rather than new. You surely don't want to lose 40% of your new car value in under 3 years.

The Figo is anyday a better option, but if you need a boot, and like the Indigo for its pluses like easy servicebility (not essentially reliability.), go for a used one for not more than 3.5 lakh.

i have shortlisted figo after test drive. considering my running, diesel doesnt  suits me. How about petrol figo. it is really so underpower and what about mileage it gives?

If you love to drive, eCS is not for you at all, and if you like to be driven you can consider it as an option but only if you are not planning to change it withing 6 to 7 years. .figo diesel is a good car only if you can digest its ugly plastic interiors . . . . Vista quadrajet diesel will be another option, if you seriously want a sedan, you can look for a used ford fiesta diesel, you can get a 2005-6 model for 3 to 3.5 lacs. .its a very good allrounder. .

If you love to drive' date=' eCS is not for you at all, and if you like to be driven you can consider it as an option but only if you are not planning to change it withing 6 to 7 years. .figo diesel is a good car only if you can digest its ugly plastic interiors . . . . Vista quadrajet diesel will be another option, if you seriously want a sedan, you can look for a used ford fiesta diesel, you can get a 2005-6 model for 3 to 3.5 lacs. .its a very good allrounder. .[/quote']

thanks autoyaar but considering my less running i will stick to petrol.

@sandy , The thing with diesel is that well you always cross your planned run around.

Since you are inclinded towards petrol now, why don't you try Beat ? Its a wonderfull car and comes with 3 years free service back-up

Ok' date=' than swift vxi is a good option. . . .but fiesta is truely a drivers car, fun to drive with minimal expense. . . .that too with an average of 25+ !!
Whats your price range ?[/quote']

no used car please. budget around 5 lacks. shortlisted figo or i10 considering the boot space and other things, figo will be our choice. i dont like the design of ritz.

Ok, figo is a good choice. . .but it will be better for you to test drive both figo(petro) and i10. . .cz figo petrol version is seriously underpowered, where as i10 is a zippy drive, also interiors of i10 makes more sense than that of figo. . . .

So make sure you test both cars before putting your hard earned money on. . :)

how about wagon r? many aci forum friends suggested to go with wagonr. it is really not underpower with 998 cc 3 cylender engine. is it drivers car & how is it on highways? i am really confused.

how about wagon r? many aci forum friends suggested to go with wagonr. it is really not underpower with 998 cc 3 cylender engine. is it drivers car & how is it on highways? i am really confused.

New Wagon-R with 993cc 3-cylinder, 68PS K-Series engine isn't an Underpowered car, Instead its more powered than previous 1.1litre F-Series, 63PS engine.

While Driving it, you don't even hint of that its a 3-cylinder car.

Its Highway manners are good with Well Controlled & balanced Body Roll & 100-110kmph are Safe speeds in it.

But Beat is slightly better Balanced at higher Speeds(due to its Wider Track), you can Cruise it safely in it at around 130-140kmph. I've tried it.smiley1.gif
dr_nishu2011-02-02 19:16:10

Why don't you try out the new i10 kappa2,its far better than Wagon-R or Beat(Thats my feeling on driving all three),Wagon-R is spacious with an airy cabin,while Beat is having a sporty character...i10 on the other hand feels sporty and comfortable too,only problem is with the tyres..

If you need a airy gasoline, you need to wait for 2 months and pick up the Liva. Its tailormade for this purpose on your budget. Do not wait for the TD and all, just book it on the first day and the car will be yours shortly.

Liva is for

Ok looks,

Superior spacious cabin,

Super duper FE,

Ok performance,

Super VFM pricing,

Awesome Toyota's reliability,

Must be super resale.

against interiors

creativebala2011-02-03 04:15:34