AUTOYAAR

BALENO VXI 2005 model

M getting a 2005 model baleno vxi with 90000 kms on clock , brand new tyres , the guy is asking Rs.165000 ..engine is in good condition checked by mechanics, needs a clutch job and minor oil leakage problem is there ....is this price Ok ?
I asked one dealer he said that this price is very MUCH, current market price is around 1lakh for same condition car..
I need advice of you people..please help.
Dr.ShivAditya Sharma

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-01-16 14:35:17

I think for a 2005 model Baleno VXi, the 1.65lakhs is a good price.

Do not worry about 90,000km on clock. The engine can do much more mileage easily without any problems.

Check if the A/c, suspension and electricals are in good condition and the car is maintained well.

Other than that, the car is very comfortable and reliable. Expect 10-11kmpl in city with A/c. It can return around 17kmpl in highways, if you are a little easy with the accelerator.

@carispassion thanks a lot for your reply first.

Is it true that this car can give 10-11 kmpl in city ? I asked many dealers(used car dealers) and service centers they all said maximum of 8 kmpl in city and 10kmpl on highway !

AC and electricals are in good condition also suspension is in good condition but the paint is not the original one.BornFree2011-01-16 15:35:17

If the car looks mint condition and its only problem is cluctch, we can pay that amount.

If not, do search for a OHC in that price band, its reliable 'n cheap spare'd.

If possible do take that car to any nearby MASS and ask them for estimate cost for fixing all problems, as Baleno spares are sky high.
creativebala2011-01-16 16:02:23

@creativebala ..thanx...

ya , clutch is only thing required to fix all other is good..

yes you are very right, also the one problem is SPARES .....are they easily available ? and yes they are expensive but i want to know expensive in what sense ? compared to other cars or just too expensive ??

@carispassion thanks a lot for your reply first.

Is it true that this car can give 10-11 kmpl in city ?

Hello Autoyaar,

We have a 2000 model Baleno which has done 1,00,500.

I have told you the experience from our experiences itself.

I have pointed out the mileage what we get for our Baleno.

I do not drive too carefully, but still consistently get 10+ kms. During highway trips, when I keep the speed above 120kmh, the mileage never goes below 15. And when I am a bit more careful, I get as high as 17kmpl. All the figures are based on full-tank to full-tank method, and we have iterated multiple times. Think the figures should be accurate.

Of course the spare parts of Baleno are a bit expensive than the other Marutis. For example, the Baleno drive shaft costs 6k instead of 3k for Esteem.

However, think the spares are not too expensive when you compare it to Ford, Honda etc.

Also, the good part is that the spares give a good life, hence you need not worry unless you end up with an accidental repair.

I have done 1lakh plus kms, however, the parts like clutch plate, front and rear struts etc are still not changed. Rear suspension stopper bushes were replaced

@80k km.

Parts I have replaced:

1) Drive shafts@ 6.5k each (If you replace the drive shaft boot on time, this will not happen)

2) Left lower arm @ 80k - I never used to brake at potholes before. smiley18.gif Suspension of Baleno worked very well at high speeds over potholes, hence forcing me to go faster!

And regarding the spare availability, from my experience, all the spare parts are available within 10days of order, even if it is not available with the dealer. Many internal spare parts shared with smaller Marutis too. But you should have the patience to go to a spare parts store(Maruti Genuine spare pasts stores) and see their spare parts manual. There are replacement parts mentioned in the Maruti Spareparts manuel instead of the SGPs. However, the dealer always force you to go for SGP!

@sarabjeet....ok , but esteem is just a different car than baleno... .one 2005 model esteem was also for sale for Rs.150000 with 67000km on clock and showroom condition , but it took only 5 mintutes and car was sold :) already....

@carispassion...80k is some amount yaar.....well thanx a TON for such explanation..i will consider your suggestion :) and i have a daily run of 10 kms only with 8 kms on highway and roads are good , no pot holes as such so i think that is not a problem , else, as you said , is fine. So i think i can proceed with the deal..:)

Parts I have replaced:

1) Drive shafts@ 6.5k each (If you replace the drive shaft boot on time' date=' this will not happen)

2) Left lower arm @ 80k - I never used to brake at potholes before. smiley18.gif Suspension of Baleno worked very well at high speeds over potholes, hence forcing me to go faster!

[/quote']

I made a typo error. The above post should be:

1) Drive shafts @ Rs.6.5k each (Replaced at separate times between 70k-90k km on Odo)

2) Left lower arm @6k each. Replaced at 80k kms

@Autoyaar

In my opinion,the price is a bit on the higher side,for the same amount you can get some good deals like an Esteem or an Accent 2005-06 model.

Else why don't you try to get a car from Gurgaon as i have many times found some great deals there.

Example:My i10 asta was owned by a farmer's son from Bilaspur(Gurgaon),He disliked the car and I got an i10 kappa,asta variant,fully scratchless,just 4700kms on odo,clean record and 4 months old(I mean under warranty) for just Rs 2.3lac...HOWZZ THE DEAL??Why don't you try to find something like this,just you will have to roam the market,wait for sometime and must have the cash in hand as it will not give the time to the selling party to think even once. smiley2.gif

For Maruti car like Alto, Wagon R etc, think the depreciation per year is less than 10%.

However, for Baleno VXi @6.4lakhs, at 20% depreciation, resale price after 6years(2005 model) should be 167772.16/- if you do some math.

Hence I feel that the 1.65lakhs owner is asking is acceptable.

The Baelno is available at such cheap resale prices just because of the lukewarm response it has got in India. Hence if a car is from Maruti stable (read spare availability outside dealership) and if it is available at a cheap resale price, think there is nothing wrong in going for it.

And of course, you have many other choices in the market as many have rightly said.

And regarding the tail lamp assembly, think the priced were very high during the intial days. However, Maruti reduced the prices later on. When I enquired in 2009, Headlamp price was 3000/- (without head light leveling) and think tail map should be around 1500/-. I would recommend you to go to a Maruti Genuine store and enquire the correct prices.

carispassion2011-01-17 06:26:15

@tsivipul. .hey, u really had a jackpot. . .is there any particular place or dealer in gurgaon for such deals? Same thing also happens in delhi, one of my known got a toyata camry in just 10 lacs. . .nd u will be surprised to know the car had done only around 2000 kms. .it was owned by a dubai bussiness man who stayed here in India for few months, and he sold the car when went back, now howzzat for a deal . . ! An almost brand new camry for 10lacs ! ! But u really need a shining luck to find such deals in delhi . . . .and for choices given by you, i quiet dn't like esteem and accent much. . . .i like baleno but i got confused when heard that its nt a good deal in 1.65k . .thats y asked for help here. .

@ carispassion. .ok dude. . . .and one thing more , why is it so that lxi models give more kmpl than vxi model baleno ? Is there something to do with tyres ? Or is just a coincidence

1.4 lakh to 1.5lakh is the perfect price quote for this specifications you have mentioned. But 1.65 is totally not advisable. Iam having a 2005baleno in my garage. Fully loaded but 2nd owner., with 50,000kms done. Nothing morethan i can except morethan 1.8lakh, even it is in mint condition. Challenging exteriors and interiors too.

For Maruti car like Alto' date=' Wagon R etc, think the depreciation per year is less than 10%.

However, for Baleno VXi @6.4lakhs, at 20% depreciation, resale price after 6years(2005 model) should be 167772.16/- if you do some math.
Hence I feel that the 1.65lakhs owner is asking is acceptable.

[/quote']

Sadly the market doesn't work on calculations, they go for a toss. Its demad that plays in.