Amit Verma

Should I buy a used Honda City

There is a Honda City Car for Sale with fully loaded materials for 6L.

Km Ran : 30,000
Price amt: 6L
Version: 2008
Maintenance: Good

So should i buy or not? Can you please help me in this

Thread moved.

BornFree2011-01-20 06:59:43

2008 was the year new Honda City was launched. So are you talking about the new model or the old model. If its a new model definitely go for it. However if its an old model, go for it only if its VTEC and try bargaining some more.

@Amit

The deal seems to be good,only the condition as mentioned by rahul1810,If it's an i-vtec or a vtec variant then the deal may be a steal,else there are many other cars available in the market.

There is a Honda City Car for Sale with fully loaded materials for 6L.

Km Ran : 30' date='000

Price amt: 6L

Version: 2008

Maintenance: Good

So should i buy or not? Can you please help me in this

Thread moved.

[/quote']

The price as already said is on the higher side if its the discontinued model. If its the ANHC post 2008 the deal is fine.

Can bargain and 5.25 - 5.50 L should be OK.

Please get the car checked by a competent mechanic/garage.

Check the registration papers/ plastic card R.C./T.C. and the loan component remaining if any.

Honda cars in very good condition are good buys in the second hand market.

A discontinued Honda City for 6 lacs is too steep a price.. Only if you are talking about the top of the line variant, it would make sense to get it for 5.5 as mentioned by Anjan. You can use the discontinuation of this model as a bargaining tool.

Also, if I'm not wrong, this model came with beige interiors. Do check for the interior maintenance and working of all electricals, condition of seat covers, floor mats etc... 5.5 would really make this a good deal.

@neerajd

I agree with you,in fact this would be a near perfect deal,and a bargain of 5.5 with a person demanding 6 lac will be an easy task.

@Amit:

Just have the cash in hand and have a bargain over all the cons of the car,it will surely help.

Just check what you want from your car, status symbol or ease of use etc etc. . . .and if you necessarilya don't need a sedan, than nopoint buying a second hand car in 6lacs, used car is a used car, no matter what condition is it in, also try to know why the party is selling the car. . . .

U can have a brand new polo. . . .and if you want a real pleasure for driving at a lowest maintainance cost you could look at indica quadrajet. . . .

Check out the Variant & its condition 1st, as If its EXi variant with Beige Interiors then a Lakh rupee bargain is needed i.e: Rs.5.2-5.3lacs price is ok, If its GXi with Beige Interiors then expect it aroun 5.3-5.4 lacs.

& Last but not the least, if its City VTEC then upto 5.8lacs is the last Price.