adithveeresh

help required.....?

hi, my name is veeresh, new to this community. I am interested in buying a car the range is about 5-6 lacks. i wanted to know any other car other than LOGAN which is fuel efficient.

and maintainence is the least priority

kindly help me...

if your running is more than 30km per day.. better you buy the swift diesel...

but you didnt mension, if you are for sedan only or not...

if you want to go for sedan, then its better to wait for some time, and get a swift based sedan or new indigo..

you can even go for esteem, since its having heavy discounts...but keep in mind that, it will be phased out soon... but you can be assured that, the resale value, and availability of spares wont be affected, since its a maruti... but you will have to live with the dated looks.. and low slung seating... but a very peppy and fuel efficient engine to boot....

you can also consider accent, but its maintenance and fuel efficiency will not be as economical as esteem...

hi veeresh , if your monthly running is above 40kms a day you can either go in for the Swift Diesel or the Loagn Diesel

But if your running is below 40 kms a day go for the Swift Petrol , if you are looking for a Sedan Petrol at this Range it would be better if you wiat as Maruti is goin to launch the Suzuki Liana which is the replacement to the Esteem, so buying an Esteem now is not a very good idea, Also theres a news that Skoda will launch thier Htch Version FABIA which will soon hit the Indian roads on jan 08 or somewhere around that

Cheerssmiley20.gif

hi' date=' my name is ameet, new to this community.

How do I improve rear seat comfort of my swift ZXI which has done 38000,and has PIRELLI p5000 supersport p 195/60/r14 85t MS,
Can I change the shocks, if yes to which one.
[/quote'] Change to gas charged shock but it would need an expert get good soft leather seat cover or put some more fabric on the seat .You have ruined your own ride with those 60 profile tires dude.

hi' date=' my name is veeresh, new to this community. I am interested in buying a car the range is about 5-6 lacks. i wanted to know any other car other than LOGAN which is fuel efficient.
                                                                                     kindly help me...
[/quote']

Swift Diesel will be a good choice or the Hyundai i10 , in Sedans SX4 & City

regards,

Priya

hi' date=' my name is veeresh, new to this community. I am interested in buying a car the range is about 5-6 lacks. i wanted to know any other car other than LOGAN which is fuel efficient.
                                                                                     kindly help me...
[/quote']

5-6 Lakhs is a danger zone for you, coz none of the Hatches is fuel efficient in this range... but if yu can increase the budget a little try the Getz diesel, thats a good engine and fuel efficient too... if you wanna say no to it then yu are left with Logan, Esteem or Accent -all three are fuel efficient....

Maintanence must be top priority of any car that yu buy!!! smiley1.gif

If you don't have probs with a hatch go for the Swift VDi and opt for ABS brakes and airbags if your budget permits. The ZXi (petrol) comes with these goodies but the top end diesel VDi does'nt. its optional at extra cost. The VDi costs around Rs 5.60 lakhs on road in Maharashtra. The Swift diesel returns 17-18kms in city ( not congested traffic) driving.

hi adi ,

it would be a better choice if you stick to a hatch since they are easily driven, require less space and with parking at a premium it makes a lot of sense. wel if you could wait till jan 2008 it would be good for you since there are gonna be some amazing small car launches like the Skoda Fabia,maruti splash(expected)and may be from the VW stable with their golf as well. also you get to buy in a new year and u dont stand to loose on the depreciation(buying in december would mean 1 year over-literally in the auto market)

The new Sumo Grande is a very fuel efficient car for the SUV category with a mileage of 16-20 kmpl of diesel.To buy this car you might have to stretch your budget by say 50k-1L.I don't think you would be disappointed by it.

well accent petrol is one heavy discount..... good car..... sedan too.....

try out ford fusion too though may be a little out of budget but it's a good car for city as well as a little rough too.....