bmw320d

NEVER BUY BMW

Bought a new bmw 320d from Bird Automotive in Gurgaon, NCR brand new. ever since the first day it started giving problems. We took it to the dealer and they got deffencive. Well all hell broke loose as the front wheel (left) came out while driving due to manufacturing defect. The things got out of hand as the blame game started that we had installed xenon lamps in the car but to their surprise the same suspension problem happened with their demo car. So after 2 months they decided to change the complete front end. Well to cut the story short the car started giving numerous problems i.e the air conditioner compressor burnt while driving and the front passanger seat motor burnt. Now we are told that the warranty has been cancelled on this car. Now this is comming straight from BMW India. We are in India due to work and do not know the legal system that well, to the advantage of BMW.

If anyone knows how to go about this would be helpful

again "never buy BMW in India". Paid 32 lack and got a lemon FuelRunGod2007-12-23 16:20:30

Thatz really a very sad story to hear , it would have been better if the dealer or hte manufacturer replaced your Car to another new one , also keep in mind that you can write to AutocarIndia about this and they too might help you get Peace

Regards,

Priya

That's one helluva horror story you have there. I think then BMW's are meant to be driven in Bavaria alone. Probably, not able to take the rough and tumble of the "Indian" conditions....I think Hyundai and Maruti are doing a fantastic job. If I were you I'd take a video of the junk that remains and post it on You Tube.Durango Dude2007-12-13 02:42:03

ooh.. horrible.. experience, i must say.. from BMW...

what are they thinking about we indians? we will buy anby junk from them and still keep quiet,,?

better you .. contact auto car india, so that they will bring  this particular case to BMW's attention and hope that your problem wll be solved..

keep our fingers crossed....

German car quality has gone down the tubes since the 80s, one look at CR ratings and UK top car list would tell you the story. All they are selling now is brand naming and vanity. Japanese cars have been far superior in terms of value, reliability, performance etc. Only thing they don't serve is vanity and ego massage. At 32L, a Lexus would have given you an elegantly designed car, far more reliable, excellent build quality and perfect implementation of technology. Few years back, a Chinese man who bought a 7 series BMW faced same levels of frustration like this and had the car hauled in Chinese streets by Ox to humiliate BMW, said and done, looks like it had no effect. Germans have found India and China as well as other 3rd world countries a perfect place to dump their overpriced junk. They know that in these places with the nouveau rich, its the vanity that sells over all.

Ok,

First of all did you modify your new car in any way?

If you did then there is a chance for things to go awry.

Did you contact BMW head office when they cancelled warranty on your car because I dont think any professional organization would want to lose a future customer by making such a proposterous move.

So keep telling us the details and maybe Autocar could publish(if you ask them or something) an article regarding your issue and those of others in their next volume :)

Hi

As mentioned before we had changed the headlamps to xenon. That was the extenty of the modification on the car. Anyhow the problem of the front suspension is a manufacturing defect that could kill people. It has happened with their demo car as well. Secondly, why change the front end and then cancel the warranty?. There is a lot at stake both for us and them. They are selling a 30 lack car and there should be a lot of responsiabilities attached with it, not that a 3 lack car does not.

I do not know how to contact autocar india. We have written to BMW AG, germany as well but no reply as yet. BMW india is based out of gurgaon and are very well aware of the situtation. The problem is that the people heading the operation in India are british and that answers all the questions. The legal system was designed by them for their benifit and we are still following it. A sad statement.

hey there! its definetly something sad yu are going through. to do things: to be honest the legal system here is in the hands of expert lawyers.. if yu can get hold one of the best lawyers then yu are almost there. but the popular suggestion anywhere in India is to avoid courts untill the deadman is calling us from a short distance.... i would also say try the best to solve it through some other means... may be autocar can help you publish this and BMW gets ready to sit and negotiate or writing to the media such as you tube or other news dailies(almost every news daily has special editions for Autos)... if yu feel totally helpless then the real challenge is to hunt for that expert lawyer who can get something out of the case filings. but let me also tell yu, these kinda lawyers demand a fee thats expensive and there is also bribing in the courts, more than anything the time you gonna spend on all these is also very expensive! keep us posted!

Should'nt leave it at this stage. Haul those fellows at the dealership . Go to the consumer court. Take many pictures of the defaced car as circumstantial evidence and lastly AC India has a forum where you can send your problem to be publicised and AC also calls upon the manufacturer and the dealer to know their side.DO NOT LEAVE IT AT THIS STAGE- TAKE IT TO ITS LOGICAL CONCLUSION.

Hi

As mentioned before we had changed the headlamps to xenon. That was the extenty of the modification on the car. Anyhow the problem of the front suspension is a manufacturing defect that could kill people. It has happened with their demo car as well. Secondly' date=' why change the front end and then cancel the warranty?. There is a lot at stake both for us and them. They are selling a 30 lack car and there should be a lot of responsiabilities attached with it, not that a 3 lack car does not.

I do not know how to contact autocar india. We have written to BMW AG, germany as well but no reply as yet. BMW india is based out of gurgaon and are very well aware of the situtation. The problem is that the people heading the operation in India are british and that answers all the questions. The legal system was designed by them for their benifit and we are still following it. A sad statement.
[/quote']

to contact autocar india email them at

editorial@autocarindia.com

i want to buy a car in new year. Budget is up to 18 lacs. Choosing between SUV or Sedan.

Can i get suggestions.

ajay

Hey buddy... yu will definetly get suggestions however yu will have search for the correct thread to post... this is not apropos for yur query... find an existing one or start a new thread

i want to buy a car in new year. Budget is up to 18 lacs. Choosing between SUV or Sedan.

Can i get suggestions.

ajay

Hey buddy... yu will definetly get suggestions however yu will have search for the correct thread to post... this is not apropos for yur query... find an existing one or start a new thread

yep start a new thread and for your querry i would say depending on your USE and Ease you got to decide between the Sedan and SUV

I would adivce you to go for the New HONDA ACCORD in sedan and in SUV you can go for Suzuki grand Vitara

regards,

priya

Hi,

its really annoying to see a company like bme who is trying to lay their hands in the indian market would treat you like this.you could for once writr to all the leading dailies so that people all around could know the reality and then as suggested in this forum take then to the consumer court....wel rreally feel sorry for the experience you had...

Ummmm,

I am looking to buying a BMW 325i and would like to get to the bottom of this before i make the plunge.

I called Bird and the guy there told me that you had out in new wheels and thats what messed up the suspension or whatever.

He also said changing the lights messed up the electricals and that caused further problems and thats why they cancelled warranty.

He also says he has pictures to prove his point.

Now I am stuck as to whom to believe.But for the moment try contacting one of the Car shows in India and see if they would like to do your story.

Also there is a Hindi news channel that deals with customer grievances and they could probably help you out although I dont know the exact same.

Dont leave it at this, follow it up so that in case they have been unjust to you they should get a reputation for this. Also try to pitch this to Benz india , maybe they could help out in defaming their rival.

There was another compla

Yes this is assy in India. I think people need more awareness in India. If you are buying a car and paying cash for it in the segment of 32 lacs (aprox US$ 92000) they should come and wash your toilet for a month let alone harssment. 100K segment in the US is up there. Answering to the BIRD AUTOMOTIVE question about me changing my tyres affected the suspension assy, "presuming that i did change my tyres before incident" is this a contagious disease that their demo car also caught at the same time? Secondly, the front left tyre was destroyed because of the suspension and they refused to change that in warranty and were forcing me to buy a new tyre from them at the rate of RS 22,000 for one ture!!!! Funny and amazing. So i decided to go with the same size Yokohama Tyres on the same rim for RS 18000 per 4 tyres. If anyone is techinical here should verywell know that if changing a tyre can blow the suspension and the A/C compressor can be busted by changing the head lamp, you should think to yourself" is it worth getting stuck in a place in the middle of nowhere if god forbidds your tyre and head lamp blows out and you are miles away from a BMW dealership". Speak to Mr. Patil in the workshop of BIRD AUTOMOTIVE, GURGAON and ask the ******* that would you abandon your daughter in another country if she started taking drugs?????This was my question to him that stirred this conterversy. It is personal with them. I do not know them from Adam. If I can be a scape goat, you can be too.

And Yokohamas are far superior tire in every aspect than other brands.

Only whether they have the 'run flat' features of the specially made BMW tyres (stiffer sidewalls, etc.) is a question?smiley1.gif

And Yokohamas are far superior tire in every aspect than other brands.
Only whether they have the 'run flat' features of the specially made BMW tyres (stiffer sidewalls' date=' etc.) is a question?smiley1.gif[/quote']

Yokohama makes run flat AVS Sport Run Flat at around Rs.16K each, the ones for total of 16K are run flat.