bmw320d

NEVER BUY BMW

Well bmw320d you could have removed the xenon headlamps and then shown the car to them ,well company takes enough of one brains ,how about posting the pic of your car here .What do you mean by replacing front part ? If the xenon lamp was branded then it must have had a warranty .Get that company also it to this mess. May be it can help you remove stress.

This is very unfortunate indeed.

But honestly, it seems that the 3 Series being made in India, has a lot to do with this. I have a 525i, which came in from Germany in July - and runs like a dream. Having driven the E-Class and the Audi A6, I have to say this is probably one of the best sedans in the world. Handles like a BMW should.

I know for a fact though, that people who bought their 5 Series later (once BMW began manufacturing/assembling the 5 Series in India) are facing problems with it - not to mention the fact that its handling is no where near that of mine.

I have observed the same trend in all the other manufacturers - Mercedes, Audi etc. The E-Class in India is a rip-off, when compared with its German variant. And Benz service is as bad, if not worse!

Basically, everyone is cutting corners and making mistakes, when it comes to their Indian production plants (a pity for the price we pay here).

Moral of the story - try your very best to avoid Indian-made car models. Many of them are screwing up, bigtime. (The only exception, seems to be VW, Skoda - who have still maintained some quality). If a model is manufactured/assembled in India - please look at it very, very carefully before proceeding, to ensure everything is ok.

Sorry for your troubles. Hope it gets sorted soon ....

BMW 320d, Can we have some pics of your car please.

Also does this mean that we can't buy any Indian made cars from foreign car makers? Isnt there a way to make them accountable.

I think the car and bike hsow people have a very popular show on TV and probably they should start showing the true side of these companies.

Yes this is assy in India. I think people need more awareness in India. If you are buying a car and paying cash for it in the segment of 32 lacs (aprox US$ 92000) they should come and wash your toilet for a month let alone harssment. 100K segment in the US is up there. Answering to the BIRD AUTOMOTIVE question about me changing my tyres affected the suspension assy' date=' "presuming that i did change my tyres before incident" is this a contagious disease that their demo car also caught at the same time? Secondly, the front left tyre was destroyed because of the suspension and they refused to change that in warranty and were forcing me to buy a new tyre from them at the rate of RS 22,000 for one ture!!!! Funny and amazing. So i decided to go with the same size Yokohama Tyres on the same rim for RS 18000 per 4 tyres. If anyone is techinical here should verywell know that if changing a tyre can blow the suspension and the A/C compressor can be busted by changing the head lamp, you should think to yourself" is it worth getting stuck in a place in the middle of nowhere if god forbidds your tyre and head lamp blows out and you are miles away from a BMW dealership". Speak to Mr. Patil in the workshop of BIRD AUTOMOTIVE, GURGAON and ask the ******* that would you abandon your daughter in another country if she started taking drugs?????This was my question to him that stirred this conterversy. It is personal with them. I do not know them from Adam. If I can be a scape goat, you can be too.[/quote']

I suggest that you change all the tyres to MRF atleast it will give you a better ride and last that much longer. Really. Where the mods done by the dealer or elsewhere?

BMW 320d,

Please follow up man.Let us know what is happening and also post some pics of the car u got. Otherwise I think it is safe to assume that you were at fault from start and then tried to peg ur mistakes on BMW india.

Please update man.Also people at team bhp are eager to know about new developments.

Cheers

Well there is nothing new. The car is parked at BMW DEALER IN NEW DELHI. The brakes and the airbag was faulty over and above the other problems therefore at 9000kms the car completely gave up. The rear windscreen had a chip so we sent the car through our insurance company to fix all the problems as BMW now was asking 4-5 lakh to fix all the problems.

Last update was that the windscreen was replaced but the Airbag/ A/C compressor/ electric front seat motor burnt would not be fixed as BMW DECIDED TO INTERVENE into insurance matter and told them not to replace as there is a dispute going on.

So the last update is that the car is parked at Deutsche Motoren Pvt. Ltd.

H5/ B-1,
Mohan Co-Operative
Industrial Estate,
Mathura Road,
New Delhi - 110044
Tel +91 11 4167 9900
Sales:
Sanjeev Hazari
Tel +91 11 4168 2554

It is not in a driveable condition. I have emailed to BMW germany as well as international yet no one has bothered to contact or fix the problem. I have sent the complaint to Auto car india editor as well but in vain. It seems that these car manufacturers are some kinda mafioso's . No one wants to write the negitive "truth". I had posted on the TEAM BHP website and my post was deleted . It is the link below of a thread started by some other concerned member. This is not my original thread

Team BHP sent me an email as per their quote below:

"Hi nick320d,

The following thread that you created has been deleted
-----
Thread: Bmw India A Rip Off
Forum: Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Reason: You have already opened a thread on this subject on the board. Please do not spam. Thread removed.
Please do not reply to this PM. This is an automated message sent by the moderation system.

Regards

The Team-BHP Support Team"

How funny is that??? See if any of you guys can call these dealers and bug the heck out of them. Maybe that might move them. God knows!!!!

Yes this is assy in India. I think people need more awareness in India. If you are buying a car and paying cash for it in the segment of 32 lacs (aprox US$ 92000) they should come and wash your toilet for a month let alone harssment. 100K segment in the US is up there. Answering to the BIRD AUTOMOTIVE question about me changing my tyres affected the suspension assy' date=' "presuming that i did change my tyres before incident" is this a contagious disease that their demo car also caught at the same time? Secondly, the front left tyre was destroyed because of the suspension and they refused to change that in warranty and were forcing me to buy a new tyre from them at the rate of RS 22,000 for one ture!!!! Funny and amazing. So i decided to go with the same size Yokohama Tyres on the same rim for RS 18000 per 4 tyres. If anyone is techinical here should verywell know that if changing a tyre can blow the suspension and the A/C compressor can be busted by changing the head lamp, you should think to yourself" is it worth getting stuck in a place in the middle of nowhere if god forbidds your tyre and head lamp blows out and you are miles away from a BMW dealership". Speak to Mr. Patil in the workshop of BIRD AUTOMOTIVE, GURGAON and ask the ******* that?would you abandon your daughter in another country if she started taking drugs?????This was my question to him that stirred this conterversy. It is personal with them. I do not know them?from Adam. If I can be a scape goat, you can be too.[/quote']

?

I suggest that you change all the tyres to MRF atleast it will give you a better ride and last that much longer. Really. Where the mods done by the dealer or elsewhere?

MRF better tires??? They are just rim protectors and totally out of place in a BMW in every sense. There are major international tire manufacturers in India today thankfully offering some of their extensive race and road tested high technology product. What would be the logic to go for MRF unless pocket is an issue but even in that case, its not much of a difference.

Damn this sucks for you man.

How is it that now your car is at Mathura road and not at Bird.

Also are you paying for your repairs since the warranty was cancelled and whats with the problems in Airbags, windows etc?This is new.

Well did you try to contact a consumer court?

Try to contact autoarindia or some other TV car show.

Hell if you are so pissed you can take out an ad in Times of India with your cars pics and a brief of iussues , that ways at least you damage their rep.

Well as for me I am now thinking of not buying the 3series as this is scary.

Dont wanna be taken for a ride.

Will also see if I can help you in any manner .

Cheers

I saw quite a few posts on the tyres.

First of all we are discussing far more major issues about the service and quality of build of a premium brand.

Second, I doubt whether Some of the tyre vendors (like MRF) are offering run flat tyres as required in the Beemers.

Bought a new bmw 320d from Bird Automotive in Gurgaon, NCR brand new. ever since the first day it started giving problems. We took it to the dealer and they got deffencive. Well all hell broke loose as the front wheel (left) came out while driving due to manufacturing defect. The things got out of hand as the blame game started that we had installed xenon lamps in the car but to their surprise the same suspension problem happened with their demo car. So after 2 months they decided to change the complete front end. Well to cut the story short the car started giving numerous problems i.e the air conditioner compressor burnt while driving and the front passanger seat motor burnt. Now we are told that the warranty has been cancelled on this car. Now this is comming straight from BMW India. We are in India due to work and do not know the legal system that well, to the advantage of BMW.

If anyone knows how to go about this would be helpful

again "never buy BMW in India". Paid 32 lack and got a lemon [/quote']

Since there's no response from BMW Germany or AutocarIndia, and since you have already taxed your nerves to the extreme with Bird/ Mathura Road and so many other places my one suggestion:

Get published your story in brief ,with a picture of your car, its seats  and other parts you feel relevant in The Times of India, Mumbai,Pune, Bangalore and New Delhi editions, The Telegraph, Kolkata, The Deccan Chronicle, Hyderabad, The Hindu, Chennai and of course The Hitavada, Nagpur, the most well read papers in north, south, central, eastern and western India to rattle the beemer makers!! Since you have spent 32 lakhs already and are quite sceptical about the car's future,  Ads in these papers may cost you just Rs 50,000 to Rs 100,000 in all. Thats sure to rattle, shake and rock 'n roll BMW Hqs at Stuttgart.

Well they do not have the parts for A/C compressor or the front seat but have fixed the rear screen and few dings on the front left side that happened due to the whole suspension incident. Total bill is 65000/- and i guess i would have to pay for now. As for the other parts it would cost 300000/- plus 4 months to order them from germany.

In China a disgruntled 7 series owner had his BMW pulled by OX in middle of Shanghai to humiliate BMW. He went through hell after buying top of the line 7 series BMW. From day one, multiple failures including brake, electronics and finally the transmission went which broke the camel's back and this gentleman resorted to a very good tamasha. Maybe you should seriously think on that lines and even contact telivision who are always looking for items lile this.

I would suggest following Gurkha's idea and/or publish advts. with pictures in the select (say Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi) editions of a major daily, like the TOI or Hindu. You need not do all of them.

My friend, please do advertise against BMW but 1st consult a lawyer in case BMW places a defamation suit against you.

Also for immediate effect use YOUTUBE and METACAFE.

Ads in Indian newspaper in color are defo to have a huge impact man. Do it if they  are being such asses but consult a lawyer 1st.

Happy new year.

Cheers