dr_nishu

VW Car delivering 100kmpl

I am damn sure this concept will remain concept only smiley4.gif

Any car delievering 100kpl,IS IT POSSIBLE??

Do you really mean THREE digit FE???

I am sure this car will be doing THREE digit speeds also in THREE digit seconds,in fact will they ever do such speeds?? smiley36.gif

Its looking great in front,but back looks like it has been kicked by a JATT...

But whatever,THE FUTURE IS REALLY GOING TO BE GREEN.....AND IRRITATING TOO.

If I can recall correctly, the Daewoo Matiz was recorded in books for giving the maximum mileage of 33+kmpl from a Petrol Engine some time before it got extinct.

So mileage tests have to take that decade old record as a bench mark.

carbon firber and aluminum, yup its a 30 lac+ car smiley17.gif

VW hadn't brought Bluemotion technology with Polo, i doubt anything like this will make it in next 10 years from VW on small segment cars

VW previewed its XL 1 concept car in a Auto show in Qatar.This concept has a CDRI engine combined with a plug in hybrid - 0.9 litres of diesel per 100 kms and Co2 emission of just 24gms/km. The mileage is 261.3 mpg.The car is made of carbon fiber reinforced Polymer which keeps the weight under control.

The car weighs approx 1750 pounds with impact absorbing A, B pillars.The biggest suprise is that this engine is half of 1.6 European TDI diesel engine i.e 0.8 litres.

VW has now developed a process of mass producing  Carbon fiber reinforced Polymer

volkswagenxl1conceptcoc.jpg

volkswagenxl1conceptfro.jpg

( Images and information - Motor trend )

Mr. Spock2011-01-27 05:57:53

vwxl1.jpg

What you are looking at is Volkswagen Formula XL1, the car which is capable of going more than 111 km on a litre of diesel. Apart from the high fuel efficiency the XL1 also boasts a ridiculously low CO2 emission figure of 24 g/km.
The XL1 is a diesel electric hybrid, with a 800cc two-cylinder TDI engine producing 48PS, supported by a 27PS (20KW) lithium-ion electric motor. And just because the XL1 is fuel efficient, you shouldn