dd_pac

ban on diesel cars

well instead of baning the diesel car should they not look at giving clean diesel to customer...... infact if we consider a 1.4 lt petrol engine and a 1.4 lt diesel engine of the two petrol engine is the one which pollutes more than diesel................

Its crazy that when the most environmentally-friendly countries in the world are embracing diesel we are trying to ban it. 10 years ago I may have agreed that diesel was dirty. But today? common rail technologies and low-sulphur diesel has really cleaned up the diesel act. The government should instead force the fuel companies to give us better diesel. This way all diesel cars, new and old will benefit and become cleaner.

I think this anti-diesel campaign is a work of powerful lobbies (some companies in the automotive industry have a roll to play here) whose interest is to see the promotion of petrol cars over diesel ones. Honda would be a company to hugely benefit by such a move but I dont think this campaign is their handiwork. Maruti? Now thats more like it!

In case you have forgotten Maruti sells one diesel model and will be introducing others soon from what we read and will benefit hugely from it. FRG buy Maruti shares quickly hot tip

I think banning diesels will be stupid.

The original flap was caused by the M lobby using an NGO to try and ban T from launching. They got another NGO into their corner.

Now everyone is rushing into diesels. Maruti apparently has a 3 months wait for the Swift LDi, Hyundai Verna is essentially a diesel, with the petrol apparently thrown in primarily to complete the range.We hear about upcoming Diesel versions of almost all cars.

I think nowadays in terms of performance & reliability there is nothing to choose. The lower HP (in most cases) of Diesels is compensated by the far higher torque. Also, some states (incl. UP) have a higher Road tax for Diesels than for Petrols. However, for a low mileage driver (I do about 7-8k each on both my cars) petrol may be cheaper to maintain.

Ive been happily using diesel vehicles now for nearly 9 years now. They burn better, hence are more eco friendly & definitely easier on the wallet, what with my frequent Bharat darshans. Keeps the wife smiling too, as I have a few left over by the end of the month to continue putting food on the table.

Its crazy that when the most environmentally-friendly countries in the world are embracing diesel we are trying to ban it. 10 years ago I may have agreed that diesel was dirty. But today? common rail technologies and low-sulphur diesel has really cleaned up the diesel act. The government should instead force the fuel companies to give us better diesel. This way all diesel cars' date=' new and old will benefit and become cleaner.

[/quote']

Well I remember 5 years ago telling you that diesel was the way to go and you disagreeing with me good to see that you too have joined the diesel fan club.

Diesel is not universally cheaper. In UK, Germany & Switzerland it costs more than Petrol - logical since it has a higher calorific content. In India it is differential taxation which is keeping diesel cheaper.

these stupid ngo's want to make an issue out of anything !!!! i dont know how they will save the environment by banning diesel. in india the main probs is clean fuel. if u supply d highest quality diesel then beleive me itz emissions will be almost at par with petrol or even better den dat....i have alwaysz owned a petrol car nd since i have really become a diesel fan...if i buy any car in future it will be diesel only !!!!!