sham

being electrocuted in my punto

recently ive noticed that when ever I get out of the car and close thee door the moment I touch the door walls I get a minor zap. this was not happening earlier..

all the electricals in the. car are working fine..

it doesnt matter if the weather is warm or cold or wet nor does it mmatter if the car is out in the sun or inside covers..

whenever I drive it and settle down to pa

rk and get out I get this jolt...

any ideas??

... I get a minor zap.

... whenever I drive it and settle down to park and get out I get this jolt...
any ideas??

It may be due to STATIC ELECTRICITY.  This is pronounced when one uses polyester/synthetic dresses, PUF soled shoes etc.,  Nothing major

to worry about.  On your next trip to the workshop, get it checked. 

This is because of static charge only.

It is more pronounced in winters. In winters our skin remains dry and we wear woolen clothes, due to which more static charge is generated on our body. This gets discharged when we touch any metal.

Try shutting the door by pushing at window glass and you may not get the jolt.

Thanks guys..

I initially felt it could be static charge only perhaps because of the fabric used for the seats(didnt feel this in other cars though..)

This is my first winter with the car so perhaps I might be over reacting..

Will wait and see if this is the case .

Thanks.

Yes, this is must be due to Static electricity generated between your Clothes & Synthetic fabric used for seats, due to which you feel Current discharge when you touch the Car's Metallic portion at different Potential.

I'm reopening this issue please take a look at it.

I presumed that it was indeed static charges.. But as soon as i step into the car and put the key into the ignition (the default key given with central locking in it..) when i hold the key by the key knob(the button that opens the key from the keyholder) and insert the key into the ignition I've felt the charge hit me as well..

In fact many times around the window edges if i touch from outside the car(My feet on mother earth) i get zapped as well..(Recently I felt it.)

I'm just worried that if there is a electrical issue it might have bad effect on the ECU and i'm not ready to take that chance as I will he heading to yercaud in a few days...

Please let me know what you think

yes I understand that...

However I'm worried that it will start affecting the ECU like i mentioned..

Will it ?

Im concerned because i'm making a 600Km round trip this weekend and would like to take no chances.

Like all said nothing to worry about 12V current.If you want to be take this worries along with you no one can help you.Again if you like to spend few thousands to escape from this 12V shock i have some suggestions.

Always wear shock proof Gloves,Jackets,boots, helmet inside the car like racing drivers.

Now go for 600 km drive and enjoy!!!All the best