neerajd

Which one would you choose:- Swift or i20

Buddy why these 3 cars only? One more eagerly awaited car is Honda Brio. Also if Fiesta hatch is launched in India that would add more excitement.

Anyway as we do not know detailed specs of Liva (how much power will 1200cc Liva will generate) so at this point accurate comparison is not possible. However Swift may again be the Drivers hatch.   

Even with the launches of the Brio and Liva and the 1.2 petrol heads and 1.3 diesels of Polo/Fabia, Figo (1.4), i20 (1.4) et. al. around, Swift will still rule the roost.

Not sure whether the new gen Swift comes with the European specs, but this sure looks like a car that will conquer the segment all over.

Hyundai is known to screw their face-lifts and also the i20, car in question, lacks the driveability factor. There is no steering input. Feels so vague. The 1.2 kappa engine is a gem though - again better off on a i10. The i20 sure needs a bigger engine.

I'm not sure about the Liva, but given the comments / feedback on the posts in the forum as well as from friends, the Toyota cub lacks the X-factor of the Swift. It would probably be just another premium hatch. It would only have the "Toyota's Reliability" nothing else smiley1.gif

Sorry guys for not resizing the pics. Now, I cannot edit them, seems I dont have rights for that.

itssanguine: Honda Brio has speculated launch of Sep 2011, therefore I did not consider it. However you have a valid point. Liva will also sport a 1.2 Gasoline Engine churning out 80 bhp.

neerajd: Swift definitely has the X-Factor, also the "Kitna Deti hai" factor will play a major role. Toyota is boasting of segment best Fuel Efficiency and Brand value is evident from the Etios Sedan response which is widely accepted in Indian market, though termed as Logan Cousin. :)

Reports circulated on web suggests that Swift will be launched with same interiors as in European Matket, though some goodies such as start/stop button will not be there. Maruti should seriously consider ZDI. 

My vote goes for Swift and Fiesta Hatch jointly. Honda Brio is not fit for being named in this list  - it feels a class let down questionable rear design .

Etios liva will have around 75- 80 bhp and it will be a runaway success only initially lets see how it performs before we comment on these upcoming hatchbacks.

Well, both cars are good . . . .swift make more sense with its mileage and performance and i20 with its ultimate urban style. . . .if these two cars are placed in front of you, your heart will say i20, i20, i20. .and your brain(mind) will say swift, swift, swift. . .so its up to you which you listent to more HEART or MIND. . . .but my choice would be swift as i want a pure driving pleasure and not focused on styling more. . .

Without a shred of doubt I'd say 'new' Swift. It's going to be lighter and bigger than the outgoing model and hope it doesn't rattle as bad. It also doesn't have the rear anti-roll bar so hope it's dynamics are just as sporty as the outgoing one, due to the stiff chassis.

From the Current crop its Hyundai i20.

Even though its way better than Swift in many aspects but Swift's Driving Pleasure is Simply Unmatched; 

While driving Swift VDi, you'll forget all the cars, even from its Nearby segments. With Super Comfortable & Hugging front Seats, Taut Steering Feel, Near Perfect ergonomics, its driving pleasure is truly unmatched. 

I agree with Durango. Its going to be the Swift all along again. And certainly, Maruti should consider the ZDi variant as it has done for Dzire. There sure would be takers for this. Maybe an addition of a Sun-roof (atleast as an Option Pack) will work wonders for this car smiley1.gif

A few additions on the inside like a sunglass holder (as it comes in a Beat), smart cup holder (like on a wagonR).. heated mirrors too.. I would like to see a swift with all this with its upgrade.