dreams1232

New Car <10L

I wanted to buy a car i am totally new in purchasing a car, my budget is below 10 laks.

1)I choose diesel car because petrol is costly. Please let me know if i am correct in choosing like this or petrol is better in engine life, less maintenance ...etc.

2)If diesel car what will be the problems i will get when compared to petrol.

3) If diesel Which is the best Diesel Sedan Car on Indian Roads in terms of Fuel Efficiency, Road/Ground clearance, Space, Maintenence and above all Value For Money ?
I have the below diesel sedan cars, please suggest me which one to pick or if you know a best car than the below list, please let me know.

a)Fiat Linea emotion diesel
b)Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire diesel
c)Maruti SX4 diesel
d)Ford Fiesta
e)Toyota Innova
f)Mahindra Logan
g)Mahindra Scorpio
h)volkswagen vento

4) If petrol Which is the best Petrol Sedan Car on Indian Roads in terms of Fuel Efficiency, Road/Ground clearance, Space, Maintenence and above all Value For Money ?
I have the below petrol sedan cars, please suggest me which one to pick or if you know a best car than the below list, please let me know.

a)Toyota Etios
b)Honda City
c)Fiat Linea emotion
d)Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
e)Maruti SX4

Until now i am preferring diesel please let me know best diesel sedan car. I will change to petrol depending on your ownership,usage problems.

Friends appreciate your kind response. Thanks in advance.

@dreams:

If your Monthly Running is atleast more than 1000-1200kms, then you can Extract out the Value Quotient from a Diesel car, otherwise it proves to be expensive most of the times over its Corresponding Petrol version by huge margin, with also considering its High Initial costs, higher Registration, Insurance & Services costs, etc.

So, 1stly decide by cosidering the above facts & 2ndly, also decide on what type of car do you wants -SUV or a Car, as you've quoted mixed options above.  

Even then Amongst Diesel cars, upcoming SX4 Diesel seems to be most Promising amongst the Diesel cars, as it'll probably beat out its Rivals on almost every fronts, like Vento(on Ownership costs, Interior Space & AfSS), Fiat Linea(driveability, Fuel efficiency & AfSS), Manza/Dzire(Quality & Segment-wise), Ford Fiesta & Logan(class-wise, Refinement & AfSS).

So, it seems to be the Best Bet amongst Diesels with Lowest Running & Ownership costs with Nation-wide Full fledged Service Support.

& Amongst Petrols, Fiat Linea T-Jet or Honda City are the best options.
dr_nishu2011-01-25 19:33:22

@Dreams,

As Nishu said, upcoming SX4 diesel is a very safe bet. You can also try out Vento/Linea, both comes with their share of pros 'n cons.

There is one more choice in market which most buyers don't even think of  but is really worth its price - Optra Diesel.

This car has got superb power, super mileage, super ride, good interiors and may get 3yrs Chevy Promise. The downside of this is its resale value and its age.

If diesel. . .ford fiesta will be good option(great mileage, rough and tough engine, good for DRIVERS, easy to pocket maintainance). .then Dzire(no bad except side profile and interior quality)

If petrol, don't think much , get a honda city. .(the big positive is that there is no negative with this car). . . .

You should also consider Hyundai Verna in Diesel , its a good overall package. The cars you have mentioned are of different class and type. You should choose considering your requirement.

Monthly usage:

Petrol < 1200 KM < Diesel

4-5 Seat Diesel:

Verna or Vento

SUV- Scorpio

4-5 Seater Petrol - Honda City

I think going for diesel is better any day. If one can afford Honda city, there are several diesel sedans within that range. So practically you are not paying anything more for a diesel and in return you get savings for every kilometer you run.

Today's diesels are far more civilized than before and you need not worry if your car is not running as much as a diesel should.

Thank you for choosing Maruti Suzuki.

-----------------

Remaining text deleted.

Any sales talk can be sent by PM or posted in Autotrader.

No salutations/ ending are permitted.

No long quotes either.

Moderators

sgiitk2011-01-29 06:08:19