Sign in to follow this  
sham

New tyre care?(Replaced with reserve tyre)

Hi all,

Recently after a trip to kerala i kinda ruined my right front tire (the front mud guard came loose and scrapped the wheel big  time all thorough the drive back to bangalore and shredded lot of rubber..So i have got it replaced with the reserve tire .

I feel that the vehicle is a bit 'right side heavy'(may be obvious) but in 10days times I'm going to TN for a trip again in my car. Is there anything that I should do for my tires now ,considering that 3 are old and one is new . So that I will feel comfortable using it /braking with it in 10 days time.

Thanks

Nothing much to do. just be a little careful braking and all. Also it would be better if you put the uneven tires at the rear (assuming your car is front wheel driven) and the best set of even tires up front.

Its better to have uniformly worn out tyres on the front wheels for a better steering response.

The new one can go to the rear.

Or else you can buy a new tyre, tube, fit the stepney and this new one on the two front wheels and the worn out ones remain on the rear.

One of the three worn out ones automatically goes for the stepney then.