dr_nishu

Hyundai's Alto rival is Eon.

My basic premise is, at this level(Eon and Nano), if you can't afford to run it's petrol avatar there is every chance you can't afford the upkeep of the diesel. I may be wrong. I guess, you are right, if the world is looking to diesel, then there's no stopping.Durango Dude2011-09-22 10:45:29

Excellent looks & Excellent fluidic theme inspired Interiors.

Especially the latter looks seriously great considering the latest Crush we Indians've found in the beige shades.

This car can give serious competition to their own i10 & definitely cannibalize into its sales as for City users this car seems to be better appointed than i10, in both size & estimated power as 800cc engines are known to be more torquey than Initially sluggish & heavy 1.2 engines.

Great looks with excellent interiors.

No doubt, this new offering holds a lot of promise.

After a long time, I am eagerly looking forward for doing a TD. 

It's the first time I am feeling like this in the last two years. 

Is it because my Xylo is now exactly two and half years new ?

Or, is it due to the fact that I am fed up with our other car, Esteem ?

But, whatever it is, I am waiting for this small beauty.

With i10 already selling more than Swift even though it only has a petrol, no doubt that Eon will sell more than Wagon R/ A-Star/ Estilo if priced within this bracket. This car seems to be best 2nd car for people with huge cars/ SUV/MUV. Its small yet a no compromise car.

Now GM has to hurry up bringing Spark MJD, if not, it will undergo natural death.

@Ramesh, Advanced Congrats

It will definitely eat into i10 sales especially lower variants of i10.I don't think Wagon R will be affected but A- star and Estilo sales will be definitely affected.One thing is for sure it is truly awesome car after i10 by Hyundai.

Diesel at this price is a strict no. It will bump up the price of this car by nearly 30%. Also this is a city car, and that will mean, much more time to recover the extra money put into diesel.

@CB

i10 is selling more than Swift, because of its 1.1l engine, which makes it start at a lower point. It would be interesting to see the nos. obtained by the 1.2 alone, which is right in the territory of Ritz and Swift.

This is a great car, and can spell troubles for Estilo and A-star as Golf said. But seeing Hyundai's recent pricing, it will be a huge surprise if they can price it below A-star/Alto K10 level.

Also it will interesting now to see, the less radical 800 cc Suzuki coming up. How well will this radical design be accepted is another question, but from what I feel, it will do just fine. I expect it to make a huge splash in the market. 10-12k units a month.

This is real 'shock and awe' from Hyundai, just by the looks people will be preparing to spend a little extra and go for this instead of the Maruti. Compared to this Maruti models look jaded and tired. I really don't know if this will be able to compete with Alto, but rest of the Maruti "Tupperware" better "beware".

Durango Dude2011-09-24 12:14:13

Following are the variants of EON. (Sources T-BHP)

D-LITE

Specification:

• 814 cc 3 cylinder in line petrol engine with 5 speed manual transmission

• 145/80 R12 tubeless tyres with silver finish steel wheel

• immobilizer

• full size spare wheel

• brakes-front disc/ rear drum

• single horn

Safety

• child safety rear door lock

• inside rear view mirror-standard

• front and rear ELR seat belts

• rear centre static seat belt

Exterior

• Hub cap

• driver side OSRVM (manually adjustable)

• clear head, tail and side repeater lamps

• integrated HMSL

• chrome rear emblems

• radiator grille (2 tone-black plus chrome)

Interior

• 2 tone beige and brown key colour

• PVC gear knob and parking brake trim

• 2 spoke PU steering wheel

• tailgate finishing-plastic type

• door trims-"H" board type

• quadrant cover for passenger ORVM

• Assist grip-front (1), rear-2

• B and C pillar trims

• sunvisor- LH and RH

• semi cloth upholstery

• room lamp-front-glow type

• windshield moulding

• speaker grille-front doors

Comfort and convenience

• fuel lid and tailgate opening-remote cable type

• front and rear fixed head rest

• heater with 4 speed blower

• 2 speed front wiper and washer

• clear all round glasses

• power outlet in Fr. console

• cup holder in Fr. console

• floor console-STD with storage tray

• single folding bench rear seat

• rear door armrest (half)

• rear seat belt knuckle holder

• M/T shift indicator

• cluster assembly signals (speedometer, dual tripmeter, digital odometer, fuel, water pump, oil pressure, parking brake, battery charge, high beam, engine check lamp, immobilizer)

D-LITE (O) is same as D-LITE Plus

• manual AC

ERA is same as D-LITE (O) plus

• body colour bumper

• body colour plus chrome radiator grille

• metal finish centre fascia

• motor driven power steering

• all round tinted glasses

• front tinted windshield with shade band

• EPS indicator

MAGNA is same as ERA plus

• 155/70 r 13 tubeless tyre

• full wheel cover

• steel wheel with black finish

• central locking (driver side)

• passenger side OSRVM

• moulded door trims

• front door map pockets (driver and co driver)

• speaker grill-RR boot

• internally adjustable OSRVMS

• front power windows

• micro roof antenna

• Fr. door full size armrest

• tilt steering

MAGNA (O) is same as Magna plus

• Audio (CD/MP3/FM/AM)

• USB and aux-in

• 2 speakers only (front doors)

• rear parcel tray

SPORTZ is same as Magna plus

• driver airbag

• keyless entry

• front fog lamp-clear lens

• body coloured door handles and OSRVM

• 3 spoke aluminum finish steering wheel

• metal finish inside door handle

• airbag warning signal on console

From HT (27/09/2011): Just read todays HT and found that it will be launched just before Diwali this year and expected price band is 2.6 Lacs INR to 3.7 Lacs INR.

booked Eon Magna today

Congrats abhineet!!!

I guess you are the first one to get it done. What is the price you got from teh dealer?

Are the specs of Meagna same as the list I provided in this forum? Do let us know.

I think it has reached all showrooms,saw a couple of them today.It looks like a small i10 from a distance.It slightly smaller than a Santro but the quality is better,the rear lights are not that bad in person.Prices are more likely to be disappointing.This is going to be the replacement for santro and the prices are going to be more or less the same but that's a bit too much for an 800cc mini car.Crazy Doc2011-10-03 08:03:01

Yeah the specs are same as provided above. I got an approx price of 3.8L for magna. If the price difference is much more than whats told then I may cancel the deal. But did not want to get into months of waiting time so went ahead and did the booking.

@CrazyDoc, lets wait for the prices to come out. As I said I might cancel the booking if the prices are way off. Problem is I can add a lil bit to get Beat and then add a bit to get Brio..add a bit to Brio and get something better...

I'm doubtful on the fuel efficiency aspect of this baby Hyundai as compared to Alto F8D & K10, as;

-Hyundai's are never known be the fuel efficient cars, beginning from the Santro.

-814cc engine will definitely sip more fuel to churn out 55PS as compared to 45PS in Alto F8D.

Against ARAI Certified FE figures 21.1 kmpl for this 'EON', even 17kmpl is enough for this car to get a fuel-efficient prefix.

Btw, One of my friend is going to book one in a day or so for his Dad.

IMHO, Rs.2.3 lacs will be the price for its base D-lite version with top-end nearing 3.2 lacs(All ex-showroom prices).

I wont believe any Hyundai product unless they explicitly admit STEERING RATTLE problem and give free solution to all who bought.

I don't think of this menace creeping into this car as;

-1stly, that problem arises in the steering unit which Hyundai imports from Korea for its use in relatively High-power cars, like i10, i20, Verna.

& as per some unconfirmed Official reports Hyundai have changed the supplier, which provided that faulty steering units.

-2ndly, To keep the costs low, EON won't be using Imported products that much.

Instead much of its parts are shared with Santro than i10 or else, like all of the engine bits, suspension parts, etc.