dr_nishu

Hyundai's Alto rival is Eon.

The front of the car looks just like the refreshed i10. i still dont understand how can someone find the rear similar to chevy beat? please explain experts. Who knows, hyundai might replace the aging Santro with this all new model. Lets wait and watch.swiftvxi062011-01-26 18:05:53

I think the car will do well simply because it is costing just as much as the Alto and it would provide much better space and buld quality. 

What I am curious about though is where does this leave the Santro? Although it is priced between this car and the i10, what would motivate a potential customer to buy it.

They can either save some money and go for this car which shares most parts with Santro or spend a little more and go for i10. Santro hasn't been updated in almost 10 years or so. The only factor in its side would be the established brand name 'Santro'. Would that be enough?

it would be really fantastic and surprising if Hyundai could be able to launch this around 2 - 3 lakhs(Alto's range). but am afraid this would be priced head on somewhere in the range of  3 lakhs n odd(Ex showroom price).I personally feel that there are high chances of Hyundai getting this in the Santro price mark. so we can expect santro to be discontinued soon.

@Taurean Czar: Pics look more like a iX20 rather than a HA. I'm not sure' date=' but this rendering is a copy and paste job of the iX 20.

[/quote']

May be...

If you go by the design concept of Hyundai all the vehicles are getting the same front end treatment except the new Sonata or i45. The only difference will be in the rear.

This concept looks huge by its design element but i'm sure it'll be smaller than the Santro.

Let's see what's in the box.

Can the Hyundai HA bring down the Maruti Alto?

For a car that sells every 2 minutes, the Maruti Suzuki Alto really needs no introduction. For more than a decade, this little warrior has fought every competitor to retain the crown. Some competitors were fierce such as the Tata Nano, some were rather meek like the Chevy Spark and others never went into production.

But the best selling car in India refused to budge from its No. 1 position.

Now the Alto faces a new competitor

From the spy pictures this looks very similar to the Kia Picanto which is actually a modified Santro.Unless they are going to put a very competitive price tag this aint going to sell .People are running away from heavy petrol drinkers of Hyundai,sales of i10,i20 etc have halved compared to last year.

@ DD, the side and front profile matches with the clothed pic, but the rear is bit different, specifically tail lamp treatment. One can see tail lamp placed at higher level in clothed pic. Overall size does not matches with the I-20.

Carblogindia.com has published similar pic with expected launch in October. Lets see what happens.

@nikvint: I have a feeling this is the i20 Fluidic facelift.?

I disagree.

The bodyside lines, Door lines & Window lines/cuts doesn't even Remotely resemble to that of i20(current one or Upcoming spied facelift one).

Instead it looks more of like based on Hyundai ix series of cars.

Hyundai HA is going to be entirely different from these related cars, instead it's having its own characteristic depression/groove design in the front fender where the Side Indicator/Repeater lies, as its clearly visible in the Spy pics posted above.