thackervijay

New tyres for Tata Indica

guys, am using tata indica dls since 6 years and have clocked almost 40K till now, and car needs new set of wheels.Current OE set of tyres are 165/65/R13 good year make.Looking for replacement with upsizing with current steel rims.Please suggest the right size with brand and its option.Would be buying a new car for myself in a year and this car would be then used by wife mostly in city.Looking within bstone,apollo,michelins.Do suggest.Want a better GC .

Even going to stock sized better tyres - like Michelin XM1 or Bridgestone Turanza will make a big difference.My son did it on his Swift ZXi and I on my Santro and found it out.

sgiitk2011-01-26 13:10:10

Since the stock sidewall is thin, upsizing will even lower that, thus ruining ride quality. Stick to stock size and brands like Bridgestone or Michelin or Apollo.

You may try 1. Bridgestone turanza ER60     2. Apollo accelere    3. Bridgestone potenza GIII    4. Michelin xm1+   or   5. Apollo amazer 3G maxx

If steel rims are in good shape, then only think about tubeless. Otherwise get cheap alloys

If you really want to up-size than the best possible option is 165\65 R14 which is stock in some Indica's model. If you are up-sizing to get better handling than you can go for 185\60 R14 seen many Indica's with this.

I completely agree with all expert advise, however my choice is & will always be "Yokohama A-Drives". Trust you me my friend they are a blast to ride on. I drive an esteem 2005 make, had Goodyear's as OE fit, got rid of them at 42K & from there on I have been riding on "Yokohama A-Drives". I have clocked 62k+ now so that makes it 20K + without even a single flat, hard to believe but its true.

The best upsize would be 175/60r13. If you want better GC you can go with 175/65R13, have had the same tyres in my earlier indica dls and it didnt foul/touch anywhere.

I need to upsize the tyres for my swift vdi?? what is the preferred size??

If you want to show and use your cars potential, for  Yoko S Drive, and if your require better overall tyres, for for 185/60/14, do check the size once more.

Companies suggestion being, Michilin XM1+, A Drive, Apollo in this order.

We also own two multi-brand tyre dealerships and if you reside near meerut/dehradun/delhi then i can get you turanzas or any other tyres of your choice at a good price...