Sign in to follow this  
sandeep k

Swift Vs i20 or any other

hi i like to purchase a new car around 5 lakhs, PETROL version need an advise between Swift and i20 also if any other better one.  Comfort, handling, ride quality are important mileage comes next... wht about other ones in market   nissan micra, grand punto and any others.... 

Best Option is to Wait for upcoming New 2011 Swift, as it'll probably arrive by End of Feb or by Mid-March 2011.

Better Interiors, Comfort, Equipment levels, Build Quality & Engine Tweaks are expected & Fuel efficiency of around 18-20kmpl will be expected from its Petrol engine on Highways.

Or another Option is Upcoming Toyota ETIOS LIVA hatchback, which will be launched by end of Feb & its Sales will commence from 1st week of March. Also expect Prominsing FE of 18-20kmpl & Refinement levels from it.

No other better option is available today in the Market, except Ritz Petrol if its looks are Palatable by you.

Hyundai i20 Petrol is Poor on Fuel efficiency front.

If you can wait for 2 months' date=' its New Swift

If you can wait for 4 months, its Brio

My choice if you can wait is Brio.
[/quote']

Is there any concrete info regarding launch date of Swift 2011? I plan to by one before April. May wait for Brio if its available in the market in 4/5 months.

Swift suspension aren't tuned for a comfort ride, there are tyre upgrades to follow for the VXI version you might go for, wait the Kappa2 i20 is around the corner.

For your requirements Micra is a good option also, it checks all the boxes

New Swift will out in May 2011 according to insider in Maruti. It will provide you more space ,comfort,ride & Handling quality than existing Swift.At this moment you have more than 10 cars in the lot. My preference will be like this in petrol cars.

1.Swift.

2.Polo.

3.Ritz

4.I20.

5.Figo.

6.Micra

7.Punto

8.Vista

9.I10

10.Beat

Comfort' date=' handling, ride quality are important mileage comes next... .... 

[/quote']

Considering the priorities Punto can be a good choice if you have access to Fiat/Tata Dealer and service station near to you.

You may also consider  Vista 90  ,  Skoda Fabia 1.2 Active.

Also Tata Indigo CS Royale is a good choice. Recently I got a chance to see a Indigo CS Royale and it was with nice set of alloys and even the interior was looking nice.

http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/IndigoCS/index.htm

New-Indigo-e-CS-Starlight-Blue-Car.png

Read in an auto forum that the Gen2 Swift will hit the market towards the end of 2011. The source was mentioned to be some MSIL official. If that is true, with all the waiting period we may not see the car till 2012.

I've got to heard from a local dealer that new swift is coming this march and he also said that we can book it if we want to.

Same thing our Nearest Maruti dealer have told to me too.

Is there any concrete info regarding launch date of Swift 2011? I plan to by one before April. May wait for Brio if its available in the market in 4/5 months.

Swift is confirmed but Nothing sure about Brio yet, also Honda have the History of delaying their launches & due to some Technical modifications Brio trial production is also delayed by 2-3months, earlier which was scheduled to begin from 15th Jan2011.

So, Expect its launch by July-end or August2011.