dr_nishu

Here Comes the Beat SMARTECH

Looks like GM is going all guns blazing and taken to heart the criticism it received.

@nishu-Will the current changes be provided to Current owners of beat like Indica V2 and Is there any improvement in power, 0- 100Km/hr timings?

General Motors announced its 1.2-liter SMARTECH engine today in Delhi. The petrol engine was developed in Bangalore and it is designed keeping in mind Indian road conditions, environment and traffic conditions. The engine will be manufactured at GM

Wow so the smart beat is getting smarter now. Nice to know that GM takes the criticism / suggetions positively and providing improved  technology for indians. At the same time with localised engine it will boost the confidence level off prospective customers. Has they done any improvent to gear shift mach. , as i found it a little rubbery while test driving a beat, though it was not annoying me much.

Hopefully this will give some boost to Beat sales. GM should also launch Diesel Beat soon' date=' I know many people waiting for it![/quote']

Do you really think that a diesel heart is going make a 'big' difference? I don't think so.

Durango Dude2011-01-28 11:41:04

If there is any hatchback worth looking forward in our market this year, then it has to be both the Beat 1.2 Smartech and the 1 ltr Multijet Diesel.

@Durango:

Yes there will be a lot of graze when its launched for sure and though it cant overtake the i10 in sales but I can see the Beat climbing up in top 10 sales chart in 6 months time.

Do you really think that a diesel heart is going make a 'big' difference? I don't think so.

In India every Diesel car sells, especially if it can fall in Budget category of Masses, which is between Rs.4-5lakhs.

Also, GM-Chevrolet Beat's 1.0litre Diesel engine is going to be most efficient Quality Diesel engine across the country with its Expected FE figures of around 25kmpl for City conditions.

May be it'll also Beat Nano Diesel in FE stakes.

Even Nissan have succeded to clock respectable numbers with the Diesel Micra, even with Handful number of Dealers(mere 21 across whole India) &  Average product.
Beat will definitely do much better with Comfortable Interiors, Countrywide spread Chevrolet Dealer, AfSS network & Highly fuel-efficient yet Localised engine.

May be called a cynic but I would like to take this story with a little pinch of salt. None of the auto mag or website saw it (new improved engine) coming. Had it been a really new engine, some info may have been leaked previously. Anyway given informations are more like that of a marketing gimmick than that of any substantially altered engine. Let us wait for a test drive by any forum member or next issue of ACI to judge this 'new' engine.

However, lets hope GM has done something good to improve lackluster 2nd gear performance.

@DD , a chevy beat at 4~5L with a 3 year maintnance and superb FE and looks to die for.

Finally Beat sales will be up . actually i wanted to know which car lubricant is good Castrol or Servo heard that Castrol has come up with some contest called as World-cup ka Hero has anybody heard about it please let me know .

How to identify new "SMARTTECH" engine and old engine when Beat will be offered from February 2011 ?

I believe henceforth (from Feb'11 onwards) Beat will be offered with so called 'new Smartech' engine only. So if the car is produced after Feb'11 (which can be verified by VIN) it should get new engine only.